The Sun's Shining But You Aren't

More Than A Bad Boy

Wu Fan's class again. How boring. Looking at all these terms, you wondered how you could possibly ever live in somewhere other than here. But something was bothering you. Baekhyun hasn't been at school for three days since you last saw him and even though it was normal, you felt as if it was a week too long. You needed to find him. As Wu Fan went on about those swiggly watchamacallits he wrote on the board obviously without much care, you began tapping your pen, spinning it unconsciously through your fingers. 

"What's the answer, Eun Hye?" A booming voice caught your attention and you looked up to every eye in the classroom aimed to you.

"Sorry, I wasn't listening." Shamingly, you looked down. Wu Fan shook his head and right at the perfect moment, the bell rung. Everyone quickly got out of their seats and clearly was waiting as impatiently as you were. You practically ran out of the classroom, making you bump into a towering figure.

"Again, Eun Hye! What's with you?" Chanyeol's voice rung in your ear and he bent down to help with your books before giving them to you.

"Sorry, Chanyeol-Ah... I have to go now!" You rushed and pushed everyone out of the way as you tried to get to your locker.

"Eun Hye!" He shouted on top of the sea of people.

"Not now! I'll talk to you tomorrow!" You shouted back at him.

"You forgot your-" Chanyeol's voice drowned in the sea of chatter and you were already away from his vision. You got to your locker and frantically got out everything you needed, then proceeding to run through the crowd and out of the door, into the carpark. Sighing in relief, you smiled before heading off to your car, ready to grab out your keys. Eyes widend as you felt the 'keyless' ring. Patting all your pockets, you ended with both hands to your face and slowly frowning until you looked almost animated.

"I have to do this." After a while, you toughened up and zipped up your jacket. "I'm going to have to walk." You said to yourself before hoving your hands in your jacket pockets. But you had one problem, where should you look? The thought stopped your steps, also making you realize that water started spitting from above. "I can't do it..." Whispering to yourself, you threw your hoodie over your head and began walking in the direction of your abode. Cussing and talking to yourself made others look, but you didn't care. You really only cared about finding Baekhyun, but you knew it wasn't happening today. 

"Thanks!" You heard a familiar voice chime and then bells followed afterwards. You looked up to see Kyungsoo opening the door for himself to get out at the local grocery store. As he began to walk out, he saw you- drenched. "Eun Hye! What the hell are you doing out here?!" Kyungsoo, being the mother he is, yelled at you and you couldn't help but frown and walk towards him.

"I lost my keys!" You cried before digging your soaked head into him. As disgusted as he felt, he managed to smile and pull your hoodie off for you.

"There, there. But why didn't you get someone else to drive you home?" He asked as he opened up his umbrella and urged you to hold it. You got off him and pouted.

"Well you know, just wanted to walk alone." Your answer was vague, but that was just because you really didn't know what to feel.

"Here, I'll take you home." Kyungsoo pulled you in and the both of you walked through the streets under the thin plastic sheet protecting the both of you from the droplets of frozen air. The sun began to shine again after a while and you sneezed. "Don't get sick on me." He said as he pulled out a little packet of tissues from his pocket, rolling his eyes.

"That's my ho-" You said as you came by around the corner only to see a figure sitting at the edge of your doorstep, you pulled Kyungsoo back, nervously.

"I can take you all the way, you know that." He tried to let go of your hold but you pushed him off to the direction you came from. Smooth one. You smiled at him brightly and he gave you a very awkward look before waving goodbye. After he left, you went to your house, trying to look closely at what looked like a boy that was sitting by your door. That couldn't've been who you think it is, could it? Carefully and cautiously, you walked over to your home. Confident, you walked and stood over the boy. It was him. A smile appeared bright on your face as you were ready to look at the artwork from the gods. But the smile soon faded as he didn't bother to look up.

"Baekhyun..." You called out to him, steadily. "Baekhyun-Ah..." Again, no response. "Byun Baekhyun! Answer me!" You felt sad and angry. His back started to puff up and down in quick motions and you heard his breaths getting quick. Face flushed, you knew something was terribly wrong. "Baekhyun-Ah... What happened to you?" Taking your hand out, almost trembling, you placed it under his chin to tilt his head up. And there you saw it, the waterworks came and you felt a punch in your stomach. "Who did this to you?"