And It Began

Believe in You

 

*This is the place.* You thought as you looked at the map. In front of you as the building you have been looking for and with a deep breath, you opened the door.

Immediately you were bombarded with the sounds of energy. Everywhere you heard the sounds of people having fun and working hard. Screams of excitement and joy engulfed you as you walked in the huge gym. All the way to one corner, there was a full basketball court filled with people playing and next to it, separated by a small netted wall was a full hockey court. There was another part of the gym dedicated to people playing some dodgeball and another for tennis. To the furthest end from you though, was what you were looking for. It was a volleyball court, and it seemed as if the people there were playing a game of volleyball.

Interested at watching an actually volleyball game in person, you hurriedly walked towards the court. Avoiding all possible passing ball, you walked and finally made it within viewing point of the game. Looking around at a place you could sit comfortably at and watch, you smiled in joy at spotting a bench in direct view of the volleyball court. You quickly walked to it and plopped down, keeping your all attention focused on the game happening in front of you.

Ever since your beach day with the Shinee boys, you had been extremely interested in volleyball. It had been occupying your mind most of the time and you had spent most of your time researching and finding out everything you could about the sport. That was how you came across the information for this gym. This gym was specifically for training anyone without any volleyball training and there are people here who will train a person one on one on everything they need to know about the sport.

It hasn’t been a few minutes before you were approached by a guy. Looking up, you were rendered speechless at the person in front of you. He was an extremely good looking guy with muscles to prove his devotion to playing volleyball. Looking up, you noticed that he had a friendly expression on his face.

Quickly getting up and bowing in greeting, you introduced yourself. “Hi! My name is Park Ji-min.” He gave a smile and introduced himself as well.

“Hey Ji-min, my name is Jang Wooyoung and I’m one of the trainers here. Is there anything I can help you with?” You bit your lip, a bit nervous in having to tell a complete stranger that you needed help in volleyball. But, you really couldn’t pass up the chance in learning absolutely everything you could about the sport.

“I… I really want to learn how to properly play volleyball.” Once you got that out, Wooyoung’s smile got brighter and immediately held out his hand for you.

“I’ll be glad to help you out! Come on and we can begin.” You took his hand in confidence and without a doubt in your mind.

He grinned at you and pulled you up. He started to guide you towards the volleyball court where the people stopped their grin to watch you and Wooyoung. He let go of your hand and turned around to face everyone.

“Hey guys. This here is Ji-min and she is going to be learning to play volleyball with us!” He announced and to your shock, everyone gave you welcoming smiles. They all started to introduce themselves and your head spun in trying to remember everyone’s names. Wooyoung noticed the look on your face and chuckled.

“Don’t worry. Until now, I don’t even remember all of their names most of the time.” He whispered to you. That got you to giggle and it immediately eased your mind. You felt like it would offend them if you would not remember everyone’s names and you were glad that it was okay.

“Okay so the first things I want to do is evaluate how well you know of volleyball. I’m going to get the people here to play with you. You don’t have to worry too much. They all are very understanding and they will help you out. This is necessary for me so that I can gauge your skill level and see how I can help you better okay?” He explained. You nodded in understanding and within a few minutes, you were into a volleyball game.

Doing everything Minho taught you, you were doing really well and was keeping up with the players. All of them were impressed with you skill level. They didn’t think you would be able to keep up, and without any question, the other players decided to go full on out since they knew you could handle more.

You were having an absolutely fantastic time playing volleyball, but within 40 minutes, you could feel your energy draining. You were starting to slow down and you began to miss more and more of the hits as you began to lose your breath. It was hard trying to keep up with them and your energy was quickly leaving you.

You missed a ball spiked to you, and that was when Wooyoung called off the damn. Everyone stopped and immediately congratulated you on a job well done on keeping up with them.

“Wow Ji-min, that was quite impression. We aren’t easy to keep up with and you did great!” A girl said with a smile. You only got to thank her before she was called by the others to start a new round.

“They are preparing for a tournament so they can’t talk much. Come with me Ji-min please.” Wooyoung said as he started to walk to the direction of a room. You never noticed it before when you first stepped in, but that was probably because you were interested on all the things happening on the gym.

He pulled out a chair for you to sit in and took another for him as well.

“Alright, so from what I could see there, you are really quite good at volleyball. Are you sure you just began?” He asked teasing. You nodded your head in confirmation.

“Yeah, a friend of mine introduced me to it and ever since then, I’ve always been interested in it.” He nodded and suddenly pulled out a clipboard you never noticed before.

He grinned at your shocked look. “I take my job as a trainer pretty well.” You didn’t even notice when he started to take notes during the game.

“So you have the skill definitely and you just need to work on some of your stance a little. Also, in the next few weeks, I can show some different ways of trying to get to the ball quickly. The main problem that I noticed though, was that you don’t have endurance. You get tired quite quickly, and for volleyball, you need to give your 100 percent throughout the whole game.”

You nodded your head completely understanding. He started to write things down in a plain piece of paper and handed it to you.

“There I wrote down what you should do to help you have more stamina and your endurance high.” You looked at the piece of paper and it seemed like a schedule. Every day it required you to run regularly and to exercise.

He handed you another sheet of paper and it looked like rules. You looked at him confused at that.

“If you want to be a great volleyball player, you should follow these.” The rules included things that you shouldn’t eat, things you should, times you should practice, things you should be doing. It basically was a complete guide in trying to prep you and get you ready for volleyball.

“I will be expecting you two times a week to train with us and for you to do what I tell you. I promise you that once we are done, you Ji-min, will be an extremely fantastic volleyball player.”

-----

You were staring at the piece of paper as you were on your way home.

*I really need to change my habits to be able to play better.* You thought as you stepped inside the bus.

“First things first. I need to buy a volleyball.” As soon as you thought that, you felt your phone vibtrate, indicating that someone just texted you.

‘Ji-min? What are you doing? I’m bored!’ You giggled a little at seeing that. Taemin always texted you whenever he was bored.

When you replied that you were on your way to getting a volleyball, he immediately replied.

‘Where? I wanna come with you!’ You shook you head and with a smile, you texted him the store you were going to go to.

When you arrived at the store, Taemin was there already. As soon as he spotted you, a smile lit up his face and he walked to you.

“Ji-min!” He greeted you and you smiled back in greeting.

“The hyungs are all busy with school stuff. I’m so glad that you weren’t though or else I would have died of boredom!” He said exaggeratedly causing you to laugh. He never failed in brightening up your day with the things he said.

“Well I’m afraid to burst you bubble, but I won’t be too much of a fun company. I’m just going to be buying a volleyball.”

But you were proven completely wrong as you caught your breath from another laughing fit Taemin provided. He had on a football helmet and was holding a football, pretending to be a player.

“23 right. 47 down. Hut!” He said and tossed the ball in your direction. You caught it with ease and suddenly Taemin had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Team! Ji-min has the ball. I repeat, Ji-min has the ball.” And went that, he started to charge at you with his arms spread with. Seeing him rush at you, you screeched and ran away from him, going to the next ailse. You were holding the ball and giggling, hearing Taemin’s laughter behind you as you tried to evade him.

You could feel him getting closer and closer and just as you were about to turn the corner to evade him, he caught you arm and immediately stopped your escape.

“And the crowd goes wild as Taemin gets the ball!” Taemin made fake crowd screaming sounds and he captured the football from you. Laughing loudly at Teamin, you two didn’t notice the worker looking at you two with a disapproving look in his eyes.

“Excuse me customers. If you two are not planning to buy anything, I kindly ask you to leave and not bother the other customers.”

Taemin and you looked at each other, trying to keep your laughter in. Taemin took off the football helmet and handed it to the worker.

“Sorry about that.” He said, not at all actually sorry about it. You apologized at well and you could feel your cheeks turning bright red. You were feeling really embarrassed getting caught fooling around inside the store.

“That was so fun!” Taemin said out loud. Although you were embarrassed at having been reprimanded by the employee, you did agree that it was an extremely fun thing to do.

“Alright I’m going to stop fooling around now. Let’s go find you your perfect ball Ji-min!” And with another smile, you followed Taemin as he led you through a wild goose chance around the store in search of the volleyball.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aw I adore Taemin! Anyway please comment down below in what you thought of this chapter! You guys can probably guess where this is heading right? XD