Three.

Only One For Me [[Hiatus]]

I've decided I'm going to tell the story from the flashback angle first and then switch back to "current" time afterwards....I just don't feel like dealing with going back and forth and having to remember everything that happened before the last chapter, etc etc. So from here until I put an end flashback note, this is all Taemin's flashbacks. (:

------------------------------------------------------

I limped the rest of the way to school, hoping that I didn't have a black eye yet. The school I attended had a very strict policy on violence. Too bad it was always the innocent one with bruises to get in trouble. It would have been nice to tell them who did it when they asked every time but it only takes one beating to teach you it's better to keep quiet. As it was, I'd already have to do some major meditating later to make sure I didn't hunt them down and beat them senseless. 

I shook my head, the enjoyment I got from the thought frightening me. I couldn't let myself get caught up in the mess of high school bullies and revenge and danger. It's too dangerous for me. Not something we could risk.

"Taemin oppa!" I froze at the sound of MiKyoung's horrified voice, quickly looking at my feet, not wanting her to see my face. She ran down the front steps of the school to me, stopping in front of me, "We're late," I frowned, wondering why she was late too. She seemingly read my mind, as she often does, "I was waiting for you...what happened?"

"Nothing MiKyoung-ah...let's just go in....." I shook my head, keeping my eyesight, what was left of it anyway, focused on my feet as I headed towards the building. She stopped me though, grabbing my arm and pulling me to a stop.

"Taemin....why won't you look at me? You always look at me when we're talking....." I sighed, defeated. I couldn't just keep being mean and rude to MiKyoung. She was my only friend other than Jinki, Key, Jonghyun and Minho. But she was the only one I could tell everything to. I looked up at her, wincing slightly when she gasped.

"That bad, huh?"

"Who did this to you?!" Her grip on my arm tightened reflexively, protectively. I simply shook my head, letting her know now really wasn't the time to talk about it.

"Song MiKyoung. Lee Taemin. What are you doing outside the school grounds during class?" The headmaster came down the stairs to us, his eyes widening and then narrowing at me and the condition I was in. I would have found the sight funny were it not directed at me. "What happened here Lee?"

I looked at the headmaster, straight in the eye and went with the usual response. "I fell."

Both he and MiKyoung looked me. The headmaster in disgust and MiKyoung with sadness. He looked at MiKyoung, "Did you see what happened MiKyoung?"

She shook her head, the sad expression still in place, "No sir."

He nodded, "Get to class then. Lee come with me."

I sighed and nodded, glancing apologetically at MiKyoung as we followed him up the steps and into the building. We parted ways at the first hallway, MiKyoung waved to me and turned down the Math hallway, headed to class. I followed the headmaster to his office where he instructed me to sit on one of the plastic chairs near the wall while he walked around behind his desk, taking the telephone off of the receiver and dialing a number I knew to be mine just from the tone of the keys.

I waited, straining my ears to hear who answered, praying it would be Minho hyung. He handled these things better, just spoke a few words, calmed the headmaster and then left. Much better than having to deal with Key umma or Onew hyung, both got rather intimidating. And Jonghyun hyung always just sent one of them if he answered.

"Ne?" The one on the receiving end sounded alert, focused, confident. Key. .

"Hello, Mr. Kim? I have Mr. Lee in my office-"

"God damm-...What did he do?"

"I'm afraid he...'fell' again Mr. Kim. You know the school policy. I've let this slide with him too many times already. I'm sorry but since he just can't seem to learn to stay out of trouble, I'm going to have to suspend him for the rest of the week." My head snapped to look at him. Suspension??? For getting MY kicked? What kind of sick school is this?

".....I understand sir....." Key said quietly. I was in trouble. "I'll be right over to pick him up sir."

"Good. He'll be in my office." He hung up the phone, sitting in his big, leather, business chair. He looked at me, folding his hands on his desk. "Mr. Lee, you can still get out of this suspension. You just need to tell me what really happened." I looked at him, staring him in the eyes.

"I can't do that.....Sir."

He looked at me, somewhat disappointed, somewhat angry. Sure my tone wasn't all that respectful, but he truly didn't understand the mess I was in. I couldn't just tell him. They'd fight me any chance they got. And I could only hold back for so long before I snapped. MiKyoung always laughed at that one. 'You? Lee Taemin? Snapping? I'm sorry Taemin but I can't see it....' I hoped she'd never have to.

I looked up as the door opened, Key strutting in, shooting a halfhearted glare my way. I musta looked pretty bad not to receive the full on glare of the Almighty Key....The headmaster nodded to him politely before looking at me, "Well Mr. Lee, you know your punishment. If you ever feel like telling the truth you know where to find me."

Key looked at me, I nodded at the headmaster, mumbling a thanks before standing and following Key out to the car, slightly limping. He didn't speak the whole way home, just looked ahead. I glanced at him a few times, fidgeting in my seat. A silent Key is never good.

We pulled up to the dorm and he parked the car, turning off the ignition but making no move to get out. I sat quietly, unsure of whether or not I should get out or wait for him.

"Taemin...what did you do in order for them to beat you up this time?"

"Nothing hyung."

"I'm serious," He looked at me, his eyes were concerned and intense, he knew how bad this was getting, "I want you to tell me everything that happened."

I sighed, giving in. I told him everything that had happened this morning after I'd left, in great detail. He sat silently, listening. He shook his head before slamming his fist on the steering wheel. "Dammit! I'm taking you out of school Taemin. The timing's too close, I know you wanted to finish out this year but I'm pulling you out. It's too dangerous."

I looked at him, wide eyed, "But hyung-"

"No, Taemin. Now get out, go inside and get yourself cleaned up. We'll talk more about this later."

"Yes hyung..." I mumbled and went off to do as he said.

------------------------------------------------------

I hope this isn't too boring :P
I'll be getting into more exciting stuff soon, I promise~ (:
Thank you for reading~!
Comments keep me motivated~~~ (I'm also open for any suggestions and constructive criticism, I'm mostly just winging it with this story XDD I only know where I'm headed and the very basic plot...it was a spur of the moment idea. XD)
Kamsahamnida~~~♥