Chapter 1

Smile

Im Yoona, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Im, one of the richest business tycoons in Paris and also in Seoul. Yoona just can’t believe what is happening in her life right now. She just can’t procure of the thought that will be sent back to Seoul for the first time in a long time. Seoul was her first hometown but moved to Paris together with her family and her older brother, Siwon.

Going back to Seoul means one thing, seeing her enemies again and her loved ones. She doesn’t want to admit it but she kinda misses all of them but hates it at the same time. She’s not used to travelling alone. Always depends on her parents and brothers.

“I hate you both!” she shouted towards her parents. Tears began to fell from her eyes and stumps her way to her room. Arriving in her room, she quickly texted her brother.

Oppa, where are you now? She texted Siwon.

Siwon, on the other hand, is with Sooyoung, hanging out with each other. He is about to drive his car when his phone vibrated “Oh wait” he gets his phone from his pocket “It’s from Yoona…what’s with her now?” he complains. He read the message and replied to her.

I’m with Youngie right now. What do you want this time?

Yoona receives his reply and grunts “Why is she always hanging with my oppa?” she talks to herself. Yoona doesn’t like Sooyoung to be his brother’s girlfriend. She prefers Tiffany because she’s more starched than Sooyoung.

Siwon with Sooyoung, Yoona can’t do anything but imprison herself inside their room. She can’t imagine leaving Paris tomorrow. Well it’s not gonna be hard for her to leave since she really doesn’t have any friends there. Why? Just because of her attitude.

She is arrogant, strict, such a perfectionist and always complains even with little things. She doesn’t want anyone to mess with her things, even just holding it or just by looking at it. She may be that entire bad attitude, but it doesn’t matter because she has the looks. Wavy brown hair that shines under the sun, eyes that sparkles, and just a perfect body. Boys adore her for that one of a kind feature that no other girl have. Girls hate her because all the boys are after her, seems that no boys get interested in them. It’s not their fault they are born not like Yoona.

Life can be really hard for her even though she already have the things she wants and needs. But she is still not contented with all that.

“Ohmahgahd! What do I do now?” she rolls on her bed, side to side, back and forth, non-stop. Crying all her anger out, biting her most favorite pillow “I’m sorry my pillow…just have to let my anger out” she baby talks her pillow.

She keeps on rolling when she hears a knock on her door. She stops and looks questionably on her door.

“Who is it?” she questions, sitting on her bed.

“Just open the door!” a male voice yells from the outside.

Somehow, the voice seems familiar to her. She tramps towards the door and looks at the small hole in her door. She can’t believe who she is seeing. Without delay, she opens the door widely and saw her best friend. Jong In, or wants to be called Kai.

“Jong In!” she hugs him cheerfully. Pulls away from the hug and looks at him dubiously.

Kai, in return looks uncanny towards her “Why? What’s wrong with me?” he asks.

“Why are here?” she questions him.

“Am I not allowed to visit my best friend before she leaves for Seoul tomorrow?” he grins. As if nothing is just bothering him even with the fact that his best friend is leaving tomorrow.

“What?!” she hollers at him. She can’t deem the statement of her best friend. Is he actually happy for her to be leaving?

“You seem to be shock?” Kai expresses.

“I’m not shock! I’m upset! I’m flabbergasted! I just…I…wha…” she stammers, looking skeptical at him. “Are you even my best friend?” she questions him. Not wanting to insult him but she just can’t help but shouts at him “You’re a very ridiculous best friend any person can have!” she bawls at him.

Kai is taken aback by what Yoona had just said towards him. “Hey! Like any other person in the world that knows you, I’m one of them who want you to change your attitude!” he reveals. Even though he is her best friend, he still has bad issues with her.

It’s now, Yoona versus the whole universe, with a crime of a bad attitude. It may sound such a little problem amongst everybody; they just can’t handle this one.

Offended by what she just said, he dash out of their house, leaving her alone. She went back inside her room and slams the door behind her and just breaks down to cry. Curl up in the floor, leaning on her door, she breaks out.

She dozes off lying on the floor.

Even in her sleep, her dreams are still horrific.

Hours later, she woke up by the sudden bright light that appears to be right in front of her. She rubs her eyes, but her vision is still blurry.

“Yoona” a voice calls her.

She rubs her eyes again, this time getting a clearer view of the person in front of her “Siwon oppa” it is her brother all along. She sits up and breaths heavily.

“What were you doing lying on the floor? And your eyes, why are they red and puffy?” he noticed her eyes. Even though hours had passed, her eyes were still puffy and red because she was crying when she went to sleep.

She cups her face and slaps it lightly a few times to make herself wide awake. She faces Siwon and extends her hand towards him, telling him to pull her but he just ignores it.

“You can stand on your own. You don’t need help. Now stand!” he instructs her.

Yoona can’t contravene with her brother. She then stands up and stretches out her arms and legs. Then strides towards her bed and lies down again in her bed. Ignoring the question that Siwon just asks.

“Yah! Since when have you started not answering me?” he reprimanded her.

“Starting today” she said mockingly.

Siwon sighs and places both his hands on his waist and just looks at Yoona.

“I think what mom and dad are planning is going to work” he says to her, starting to walk away and out of the room.

Yoona upon hearing what her brother had just said, she quickly sits up and found Siwon no longer in her room.

She messes up her hair, kicking the bed sheet and blanket off the bed and just making her bed and herself messy “Mom and dad are planning something? What is he talking about?” she questions herself.

Well what if, they will not send her back to Seoul? What if they are just testing her? What if they are just acting this way to see if Yoona will change?

Questions that can’t be answered that easily.

But what if it is really true? What if they will really send her back to Seoul? What will she do there? Will they really not provide the things she needs there? Will she be really alone this time after a long time of being always with her family?

Her thoughts were unsettle. She really wants to know why they are doing this aside from her attitude which is the major cause of all of this.

She is just sitting in her bed, staring blankly at the checkered blanket and the triangles on her bed sheet. A knock on her door is heard, “Yoona, dinner is ready! Come down now!” a male voice informs her, probably Siwon.

Yoona is not ready to face her family after the announcement. Her stomach is now growling because of hungriness. As much as she wants to eat, she just doesn’t want to be in front of her family. She detests them for the day.

A second knock is heard on her door and this time it’s a females voice calling her “Yoona dear…come down now. Dinner is ready!” she also informs her.

Just because of being hungry, she went downstairs and eats with her family without uttering a single word. While eating, she noticed that the foods are not the usual preparation they have during dinner. She looks at them with a questionable expression. Then it hit her, it is because this serves as her farewell party with just the family present. One by one, the maids came out from the kitchen bringing Yoona’s favorite dessert. She stares at it vacantly, not wanting to eat it, prompting that it will be her last dessert before she leaves.  She instantly stood up and went back to her room again. Crying her heart out, for the nth time now.

She plans on running away from their house to avoid going back to Seoul but then she doesn’t know anyone except for Kai to run to. With what happened earlier between the two, she can’t face him anymore. Killing herself won’t be the best option she has in mind; she still wants to enjoy life. That’s the dumbest thought she ever had. Locking herself up in her room won’t help either, there is still the windows where they can still see her. No other options left and she’s a wreck.

 

 

            Luhan had just been fired from his job and the apartment owner is already asking him for the monthly payment for the rent.

            “Luhan, your  monthly payment is due tomorrow. If you can’t pay then you should look for another place to stay. It’s already been 3 months since you didn’t pay for your rent” the owner notifies him.

            “Ne adjhussi. Don’t worry ‘bout it. I’ll pay you tomorrow” he says kindly to him.

            “You better keep your words young man. I don’t believe in promises” the owner utters.

            Luhan just stands there, silently and just stares at the owner as he is walking away from him.

            “Aaaaahhhh!! What am I going to do now?! I haven’t gotten my salary yet! Oh my! I don’t have any money today!” he whines like a kid as he enters his apartment room.

            He directly slouches in his couch and turns on the television but then it didn’t work. Then he remembered, he haven’t paid the cable company for 3 months already. Now his problem is getting bigger and bigger as seconds go by. What will he do now? He barely gets close to his relatives living in Seoul. He’s a shy boy that makes him difficult to socialize with.

            A newspaper lays on his small table in the middle of the living room and started flipping the pages of the newspaper. He quickly turns to the classified ads of the newspaper and searches for available works, but none of it seems to interests him. He throws the newspaper across the living room and scatters everywhere. He ignores the mess he had done in his apartment and just lies down on the couch without even eating some dinner first.

 

A/N:

First chapter is finally posted. I really didn’t know how to start this story so the first chapter might be boring and just…I don’t know…just blank. I’m really sorry for the wrong grammars I committed and also maybe the wrong spellings.

The other names in the first chapter were just cameos or I will be using them for some chapters too. Kai was Yoona’s best friend but then they got into a fight that made their friendship collapse. How do you explain Yoona’s feelings? I just think that there is a lot of things going on in this chapter. I’m not used to writing these kinds of scenes. I’m more of a weird writer. *sigh*

And also Luhan’s situation, what do you think will really happen? And how will these two be able to meet?

Comment and subscribe…thanks…:D