◄ Kyungsoo & Tiffany

Fallen

“A long time ago when I looked at you, I remember that feeling.

I knew you, you knew me, I remember that time.

I wanted to be like you, to hang out with you.

I think about those desperate times again,

But it’s merely a memory that has passed by.”

Infinite – Can You Smile

--

If Kyungsoo had a word, any word at all, to describe himself; he would say he’s unlucky.

Cursed, ill-fated, unfortunate? Those were the only words that came to his mind when it came to his life.

His love life, to be specific.

Today, he was coped up all alone in his dorm, just lying on his back as he stared at the white ceiling above him.

Everyone was in love, everyone but him.

Sometimes he wondered if he was stupid. To fall in love with a friend when he knew the girl already belonged to another man.

It not only happened once, but twice. Kyungsoo wondered if this was the curse of heaven that he had to live by as he roamed on Earth. Why? Why did he have to fall in love with Tiffany?

He remembered it clearly.

Kyungsoo had been staying in Korea for some time now, even having a residence to call his own. He was under a disguise of a doctor but the angels knew that it was just a cover up for him to travel towns and not create suspicion.

It was his turn, after a few lifetimes, to accompany Luhan in his quest of finding Tiffany. Kyungsoo had found out that Tiffany resided in a little village in Asia but the girl was now called Miyoung.

He took the opportunity to start life first as he waited for Luhan to join him.

Little did he know that was the biggest mistake he could ever make.

“Hello.” Kyungsoo greeted the girl, who in that lifetime was younger than him.

“H-Hello.”

“I see you scraped your knee.” He laughed as he bended to see her injury. “Your mum called me.”

“I-I know.”

“Well, your injury isn’t serious. We’ll just have to plaster it up but you have to refrain yourself from going outdoors for the next few days if you want it to heal.”

“But I want to go out!” The sixteen year old cried out, obviously unhappy. “Please? Can’t you just tell my parents that I’m all right?”

“That would be cheating, now would it?”

“Please, Mr… Mr…”

“Now now, Miyoung.” Kyungsoo chided the young girl. “How about we make a deal? If you can stay at home and rest for a full day, without going out, I’ll tell your parents that you’re good to go.”

“R-Really?! Yes!”

The man smiled at her response, knowing he had somehow persuaded her to stay inside. There was just something about this Tiffany that he liked, something unexplainable. Maybe it had to do with her liveliness, something that is rarely seen in young ladies this century.

“You may go now.”

“T-Thank you!” Miyoung bowed as she ran back home. “I’ll remember this… Mr... Mr…”

“Please, call me Kyungsoo.”

“O-Oh.” He saw her blushed. “Thank you, K-Kyungsoo!”

The next time he had saw her, it was still because she had injured herself. To think only a week had passed by.

“How did you fall, Miyoung?” Kyungsoo asked as he inspected her injury, this time it was on her ankle.

“I-I was just running but I fell. Now it hurts.”

“A little clumsy, are we now?”

“S-Sorry.” She pouted and the man laughed.

“It’s okay. You just have to be more careful the next time round, okay? There. I fixed it.” He patted her ankle and the girl blushed. “Now… how are you going to get home?”

“I… I don’t know.”

“Should I carry you home, then?”

“N-N… Yes. That would be nice.” Miyoung muttered softly, suddenly turning all lady-like. “Thank you.”

He had carried her in his arms as he sent her home, hearing the endless thank you’s from her parents. As he left her house, he could hear the chidings from her parents; asking her why she had troubled him. Kyungsoo had thought nothing of it.

After all, this was the least he could do for Luhan and Tiffany.

Barely 2 weeks later, Tiffany had arrived again, this time with a hand injury.

“I hurt my hand.” Miyoung had uttered, her eyes never once leaving his figure as he went to find the necessary medicine.

“I know.”

“I… I was… clumsy… again.”

“Really?” Amusement was evident in his eyes. “I supposed so.”

“It was an accident! I swear!”

“Of course it was, Miyoung.” Kyungsoo gave a small laugh. “No one would get themselves hurt on purpose, right?”

“M-Maybe I did.” She uttered softly but Kyungsoo could hear her just fine.

“And why would you do such a thing?” He furrowed his eyebrows displeasingly, just standing there looking at her.

“So that I would be able to see you again.”

“Oh.” Kyungsoo realised the true meaning behind her words. “W-We… Y-You…”

“I know it’s stupid but I thought…”

“Miyoung.” His voice commanded her to look up. “I’m sorry but we can’t.”

Lies. You can.

“You’ll understand it soon enough.” He uttered again, but the uncertainty was not to be missed.

Luhan will never know. He would never think badly of you.

“B-But I like you.” She was obviously not going to stop in her attempts. “I always have since the first time. What is it about me that you do not like? Is it because I’m too young for you? But we’re only a few years apart.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Tell me.” Her left, uninjured hand had grabbed on to him. “Do you have someone else? If that’s the case then I’ll…”

“You’ll what?”

“I’ll accept it. I’ll… move on.”

You wouldn’t want her to move on, Kyungsoo. You enjoy her company too much to let such an opportunity pass you.

“I’m sorry.” He pieced his words carefully. “I just can’t.”

“Why?” She challenged him again.

“Because I’m not the one for you. I will never be. Please understand that.”

“You will never know if you don’t try.”

“Well I don’t want to try.” Kyungsoo’s harsh words shut her up. “You will never understand why but I hope that one day you do, Miyoung. One day, you’ll know why.”

He had continued to bandage her injured hand, not speaking a word as he carried on with the process. As soon as it was finished, Miyoung muttered a quick thank you before running back home to her parents. Of course, the tears in her eyes weren’t left unnoticed.

Kyungsoo had dread the day she’ll never look at him in the eye again. Sure it was mean of him to do so, but this was Tiffany he was talking about.

 Luhan’s Tiffany.

There was no way he could betray his friend’s trust.

The days passed and he noticed how Tiffany had avoided him like he was a deadly plague. It hurt him but it just wasn’t his luck.

Oh the irony.

The more hurt Kyungsoo became, the more deeper he had fell for Tiffany.

“I-Is it Luhan?” Miyoung had spoken to him out of the blue one day. “Luhan, right?”

“I don’t-”

“Y-You knew that Luhan was coming for me. How?”

Oh. That was it.

“I just know.” He muttered softly, sighing as he stared back at the sky.

“What are you? A wizard?”

Kyungsoo gave a small laugh as he refocused his attention on the girl’s face. Seeing her so serious and sincere had the man thinking twice of lying.

Finally, he shook his head.

“I see.” She nodded her head in understanding. “You can’t tell me.”

“I can’t.”

“But can you tell me if Luhan and you are the same?”

The man paused as he thought of telling her the truth. The same…

He and Luhan weren’t the same. They may both be fallen but their sins and curses were different.

“In a certain way, yes.” Kyungsoo replied monotonously before asking awkwardly. “So… how are you and Luhan doing?”

“I love him. You were right.” Miyoung looked distraught as she said those words leading Kyungsoo to turn worried. “Tell me, Kyungsoo. I’m dying, aren’t I?”

“W-Wha-”

“I see shadows, Kyungsoo. They come for me every night. I always get into trouble. I’m always on the brink of death and yet I always have an angel saving me each time without fail.”

“Angels are not real.”

“Are they not?” Her stare pierced him in the eye, making him uncomfortable. “Are you not real?”

“Miyoung…”

“Is Luhan not real?” She was definitely persistent. “Tell me, Kyungsoo. I’m dying, aren’t I?”

He kept mum as he thought of a way to escape such a predicament. His eyes lingered to a nearby wall and he almost choked seeing a familiar face nodding to him; telling him to speak the truth.

“Yes. You’re dying.”

“I see.”

Again, the girl had left him alone, muttering a quick thank you just like the last time he talked to her. Taking advantage of his solitary moment, the familiar face walked up to him; placing his hands on the man’s shoulder as if to comfort him.

“I… don’t blame you for falling in love with her.” The man spoke gently and reassuringly. “I would too if I were you.”

“I just don’t get it. Why me?”

“Kyungsoo…”

“No, Luhan. I’m just… a misery. My whole existence is a curse. I just… why me?”

“Kyungsoo?” Luhan massaged the latter’s shoulders. “You are not a curse. You are not a misery.”

“Then why do I keep falling in love with the wrong people?” A tear finally escaped his eyes. “First Krystal… And now this…”

“A-At least Tiffany liked you.”

“That doesn’t make me feel any better, Luhan.” Kyungsoo growled in between his sobs. “That doesn’t make you feel any better.”

“I’m just speaking the truth. With Krystal… It was a one sided love. You liked her but her heart will always be with Sehun. Tiffany… I mean Miyoung… she liked you. You didn’t then but at least you do now.”

“Falling in love with a friend’s fated lover. Wonderful.”

“Kyungsoo.” Luhan gripped his hand tightly. “You’re a wonderful friend… An awesome brother. I know you’ll find someone great in the future.”

“Who knows…” He continued. “It might even be Lucifer.”

“Is that your idea of a sick joke?” Kyungsoo scoffed as he wiped his tears away.

“You’re laughing, aren’t you?”

“I scoffed. You have some serious eye issues.”

“And you have serious esteem issues. Cheer up, all right? Let’s not live in misery for an eternity.”

Kyungsoo kept mum as he allowed his thoughts to come back together. Luhan was right. He can’t be living in misery for an eternity. That would be awful.

“Thanks Luhan.” The man gave a small smile. “Just… Thank you.”

“What are brothers for? Come on. Let’s prepare dinner.”

The man nodded his head, following the older one as they went back home. Amidst all the worries that he had, he was sure of one thing; friendship itself overpowers love.

Kyungsoo shouldn’t worry about his so called curse as a fallen but instead focus his full attention on the ones that surrounds him; his friends.

For friendship is the real power of love.

--

a/n

Ergh. Sorry for taking such a looooong time to update! I was so busy with school ;_; But since I'm on my 3 weeks holiday, I decided to once and for all end this story (in parts LOL)

Here's the first part of it (: The last 3 chapters will feature Sehun/Krystal, Kris/Jessica and Luhan/Tiffany respectively. Look forward to that! Thank you for not unsubscribing and for waiting so patiently. I love you guys