◄ Sehun & Krystal

Fallen

“I remember the first day we met,

You came to me on bright and dazzling day,

Thank you for coming to me.

Since the beginning I knew,

I wasn’t sure,

But it felt like our fate was already decided.”

SHINee Onew – In Your Eyes

--

“I’m glad you’re here.” Were the first words Baekhyun told him as he joined the ranks of hell. “You’re a better addition to the family.”

“I came here for Krystal.” Sehun said through gritted teeth. “Nothing more, nothing less.”

“Come on, Sehun.” Baekhyun had chuckled. “Why so tense? You were never like that with me.”

“That was before I knew you were Lucifer.”

“Sehun.” The older one muttered sadly. “We’re spending an eternity together. I hope we can at least be civilised with one another. Wouldn’t want the other members to think we’re bad on terms.”

“With time, Baekhyun.” Sehun too was sad, but he needed to readjust badly. “With time.”

--

After the fall, Sehun had found his own way back to the dorm; neither joining the ranks of hell nor heaven in pursuit of going home.

Even after choosing hell, a part of him was sad and torn to know how rash his decision had been. The young man had originally intended to rejoin God, but as he was making his decision, the figure of a young lady attracted his attention; her face filled with concern.

He could never erase her expression nor her existence from both his mind and heart. Krystal to him was his life, something he could not live without.

And yet here he was today, realising he couldn’t live without his old friends as well.

The angels can say whatever they want about bonds and friendship while on Earth but they all knew what little time the humans had until the Apocalypse. Sehun was definitely not ready for that.

He didn’t want the day to come where he could no longer see his loved ones, other than Krystal of course and whereby he could never contact them again.

Him joining the ranks of hell meant that Jessica would no longer be an acting sister to him.

He could no longer make jokes with Kai and Kyungsoo.

Kris wouldn’t be there either, what not with him taking care of Jessica.

And Luhan… His bestfriend, Luhan. He would be up in heaven, enjoying his happy life with his favourite angel in the entire universe, Tiffany.

A slight tear fell onto his cheeks but not onto his shirt for a hand reached out to his face immediately to capture those tears.

The young man, startled at who could have seen him crying looked up, only to see that it was the love of his life; smiling sadly down at him.

“Why are you crying?” Her words were simple but yet he found no answer. “Don’t cry.”

He wiped his tears away while making space for Krystal to sit. What could he possibly tell her? That he regretted in choosing hell?

“Sehun.” She cupped his face as her stare pierced him through. “You know that I’m always here for you, right?”

“I’m happy, Krystal.” Sehun forced out a smile. “I’m more than happy that I can finally be with you.”

“But you’re sad.”

“I…”

“Is it the others? Do you miss them already?”

The tears fell again as her words cut through his heart. She was right. It was the others that he was missing so badly even though he knew he would still be able to see them.

But when the end comes…

“You can always go back to them.” Her words brought his head up. “I’m be all-”

“I won’t leave you.” Sehun stated simply as he realised the horror he had done. “Don’t you dare say that you’ll be all right without me.”

“But if it means that you’ll be happier.” Krystal smiled sadly as she placed her hands over his. “I just want you to be happy Sehun. The grief and pain that we went through for the past hundred years made me realise that your happiness means much more to me.”

“But I’ll be happy with you. It’s just…”

“Hush.” The girl snuggled against his chest. “We’ll try to figure something out.”

Sehun kept mum as he ran his fingers through her hair. It didn’t take him long to realise that Krystal too had regretted in choosing hell.

“Krystal?” His tone mixed caution and suspicion. “May I ask you something?”

“Hmm?”

“If I had never chose hell, what would have happened? Would you…”

“I would still love you.” She told him in a straight forward manner.

“But Lucifer-”

“There is nothing going on between me and Baekhyun.” The girl sat up straight to face him earnestly. “Baekhyun… He’s like an older brother that I looked up to.”

“That’s one part of it.” Sehun suddenly turned jealous. “You don’t see the way he looks at you. Like a wolf getting ready to devour its’ prey.”

“Well this prey only has her eyes set on one.” Krystal finally grinned. “You’re jealous.”

“I am not.”

“Don’t lie to me.” She chuckled. “I know you too well to know if you’re lying.”

“Old habits die hard.” He laughed as well before going in for a kiss.

It was a quick one, just a peck on the lips and yet it showed how much they’ve missed each other in the past hundred years.

“I brought us into this mess.” Krystal who had been lost in her own thoughts suddenly began. “I’ll make sure I’ll be the one to bring us out as well.”

“How are you going to do that?”

She said nothing, only giving Sehun a reassuring nod for him to have. The glint in her eyes didn’t went unnoticed as the young man could only give her a quizzical look.

“I just need you to trust me.”

--

“Why are we here?” Sehun muttered hesitantly as he took a look through his surroundings. “We’re not needed for practice today.”

“We’re here to meet someone.”

“Who?”

“Baekhyun.”

“What?!” Panic flowed through his voice. “Whatever for?”

“Trust me.” Krystal hissed once she saw the familiar figure. “Baekhyun oppa!”

The supposed man nodded his head to greet his guests before widening his eyes with disbelief upon seeing Sehun.

It never occurred to him for Sehun to be the one to come to him first.

“W-What are you guys doing here?” His voice cracked. “Erm, none of the members are here for practice.”

“We came to see you.” The girl stated simply.

“Me? Why would you want to see me?”

“Well, me and Sehun was wondering if there was ever a way to not join the ranks of hell.”

“Oh.” And to think he had been happy for company. “I see.”

“Krystal doesn’t know what she’s saying.” Sehun interrupted.

It honestly made him feel bad for saying it so blatantly to Baekhyun’s face that they didn’t wanted to join him. The flash of hurt on his face was also pitiful to look at.

“I’ll see what I can do.” The man just grinned his pain away. “If you want, I could tell God of your plans but I guarantee nothing.”

“You’d do that for us?!” Krystal exclaimed excitedly but Sehun remained motionless. “Thank you, thank you!”

“So now we’ll just wait for Baekhyun oppa to do his magic.” She winked.

“You think too highly of me.” Baekhyun remained humble.

“Krystal?” Sehun spoke up. “Would you mind leaving me and Baekhyun alone for a while?”

The devil was definitely caught off guard by Sehun’s words. To think he was already calling him by his name instead of Lucifer ever since he found out whom he was.

The girl gave a quick nod as she exited building, leaving the two members alone to sort whatever things they had to sort.

“You needn’t do that, you know.” Sehun started off cautiously. “I know that you wouldn’t want us to leave you all alone.”

“It’s not like I have a choice.”

“You do.” The former insisted. “You’re Lucifer. You’re almost on equal grounds as God. So why would you help us?”

“It’s a little something called friendship.” Baekhyun’s words stung the other. “When you get to live forever, there are just some things you realised which is more important than the other.”

“Are you saying…”

“I’m saying, Sehun.” Baekhyun sighed. “That I value your friendship more than I could ever value my own goals.”

“Then you need not do this at all.”

“Do what?”

“Pretend you’re strong enough to lead an entire league of fallen angels on your own.” Sehun reckoned. “You can always fall back. Tell God that you’re done with leading such a belief. Don’t get your pride in the way, Baekhyun.”

“But my pride defines who I am.” He uttered sadly. “I can’t just tell my followers that I’m done and that I want to go back to God. What would they think of me? To know that your own leader has betrayed you after roping you in for a few hundred years.”

“They’ll understand.”

“They won’t.” Baekhyun was adamant about his views. “Even if no one would be willing to be on my side when the end comes, I’ll still be here. This is a responsibility that no other angel should bear because everything that had already happen in this universe is solely my fault.”

“Baekhyun…”

“I appreciate your concern Sehun. But I brought this mess upon you and Krystal. The least I can do is to fix it.”

The young man gave a firm nod as he did nothing to counter the other’s words. Baekhyun was stubborn when he needed to be. In a way, Baekhyun was like Sehun. Maybe that’s the reason why they could get along so well before everything happened.

“I’ll respect your decision then.” Sehun smiled softly. “But if you ever need anything, you can always come to me, you know?”

“Of course, Sehun. Of course.”

--

“So you’re on good terms with him now?” Krystal giggled as she ruffled her lover’s hair. “Please tell me you are.”

“I am.” He chuckled. “I wished he didn’t felt the need to be secretive, though. I know he can’t bear all of these responsibilities alone.”

“He needs a companion.”

“Like who?” Sehun eyed the girl suspiciously. “You?”

“And jealousy strikes again.” Krystal laughed. “No, silly. Not me. But haven’t you noticed? Kyungsoo seems really fond of him.”

“But Kai…”

“Kai already has Sulli.” Krystal pouted. “Though she will die one day, like all the other humans would. I think it’ll be cute. Kai, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun as the infamous troublemaker trio.”

“Just like old times in heaven.” The young man laid his head on his girlfriend’s lap, his gaze averted to the ceiling, lost but tranquil.

“Just like old times.” 

--

a/n I hope you guys liked this chapter :/ Probably not one of the best but I wanted to showcase the loneliness both Sehun and Baekhyun have in common, even though Sehun at the start wasn't too fond of Lucifer. I also wanted to show that Baekhyun had never been much interested in Krystal and that he knew SeStal were meant for each other. Anyhoo, one down, 2 more to go! (: