Chapter 3

Destiny's Game

The next day, was a bright and wonderful Saturday morning. I can’t get over the fact that the distinct timbre of that Lee Donghae’s voice did not leave my mind even for a single second, though. Not even in my sleep—my dream, to be exact. I dreamt that the face on my mind from last night was repeatedly calling my name, “Tiffany Hwang? Tiffany Hwang..”

What made it so unreal was that he had the exact same voice as Lee Donghae. It was weird. Doubly weird. I really think that I should probably get my head checked up.

Despite all that, I got up from my bed & stretched, welcoming the day with a smile. Reaching down to my bedside table, I checked my phone—1 message, no missed calls and 1 voice mail.

I hit the ‘Read’ button and my screen flashed:

 

From: Sunny

Fany! Donghae oppa promised to drop by later tonight! ^.^ He seems to have something to do around town at dinnertime, I think. O_O You can come here after dinnertime. I hope you’ll finally get to meet each other! :)))))

 

“I’ll definitely be there!” I mutely laughed at Sunny’s persistence before deciding to listen to the only voice mail I received overnight.

Beep.

“Miyoung? Have you been coping well? With living alone, I mean. It’s me, Mom. I called to inform you about an important date of yours later tonight.”

Now I’m lost. What in the world is Mom talking about? As if telepathically, Mom answered my question, “Your father had been bugging me about this –you meeting with Choi Siwon, the heir of Choigo Foods, Inc.”

Oh no, this is not happening. Not tonight when I’m supposed to finally meet Lee Donghae. My eyebrows formed a line upon hearing Mom’s news. And yes, I haven’t been in a relationship yet but no, blind dating is not how I roll.

“Your father and I agreed with the Chois already last week. We all set a date for you and Choi Siwon-kun tonight at 7:00PM at the Red Lantern in Gangjeon-dong. Dress up pretty, okay honey? Bye.”

Beep. You have no more voice mails.

I dove on my bed and screamed at the top of my lungs with a pillow muffling my voice. I hurriedly sent Mom a text:

 

To: Mom

MOM! THIS IS NOT FAIR! :/

 

Beep.

 

From: Mom

Your Dad and I will only accept your refusal after meeting him once, Miyoung. Remember: 7:00PM. Red Lantern. Gangjeon-dong.

 

I furiously threw my phone on the bed beside me & whined indistinctly before recalling that I still have not responded to Sunny’s text message.

 

To: Sunny

Waaaah! I can’t come! ;( Help me, Sunny! 0.o

 

Shortly afterwards, my cellphone went off with Sunny’s ringtone and the next hour was spent with me ranting to her about the arranged blind date.

 

“What?! Uncle & Auntie set you up for a what?!” I recall the huge disappointment and disbelief in Sunny’s voice.

It’s a good thing that she’s taking my side.

“How about Donghae oppa?! You can’t see him tonight! What if you like your blind date and he likes you back?! What would happen to your love story with Donghae oppa?!” Sunny’s questions came to me nonstop.

I remember responding with a guffaw, “So that’s your reason for opposing this idea?!”

 

It’s already 5:29PM. I heaved out a deep sigh as I dragged my around the house, preparing for the blind date.

“I can’t believe I’m actually going,” I shook my head as I took one last look at my reflection in the mirror. My dark blue strapless silk dress should do.

I got myself into thinking that I should come because this might really help in keeping the voice and the face out of my head. Oh, I might as well take a chance on this Choi Siwon.

 

I arrived at the agreed venue on time. On the dot, more specifically.

A man ushered me to a table for two reserved under the name Choi Siwon.

“Great. Now I’ll even be the one to do the waiting,” I muttered disgustingly, ignoring the unexpected butterflies on my stomach. I busied myself over the silverware in front of me—slightly tapping them against each other, producing a faint soothing jingle.

“I feel so stupid to even agreeing to come here,” I hissed while impatiently drumming my fingers against the table with my chin resting on my other free hand.

Just then, I saw a man being assisted towards my table. My heart just dropped to my knees when he looked up, smiling at me, & giving me a clear view of his face—those lips, eyes & jaw line are all too familiar to send my stomach to do a double-somersault.

I furrowed my eyebrows in a futile attempt to shove the uncomfortable feeling away. That face is the exact same face that kept popping inside my head since yesterday.

I’m a big anti-fan of destiny but I’m terribly horrified that it might just be true.

By this time, he was now standing across me on the table—probably waiting for me to acknowledge him. The expression on his face was that of confusion and hilarity at the same time.

I mustered all my strength & although unsteady, I was able to literally stand up on my both feet. I weakly bowed, trying hard to keep my eyes off of his face. “Nice to meet you, I’m Tiffa--”

He cut me off midsentence & finished for me, “Tiffany Hwang.”

Upon hearing his voice, my head shot up & for the nth time, our eyes met. Mine were blank were his were.. brilliant.

Are You kidding me right now?! I looked up, mutely asking God the question. “Really now?! Does he really have to sound like Lee Donghae?!”

He gestured me to take a seat & I did, though still staring at him with wide eyes. He cleared his throat & formally said, “Well, you look.. surprised to see me, Ms. Hwang.”

I shook my head and said, “You’re just.. familiar. Everything about you is scarily familiar, if I may say.”

His lips curled up in the slightest trace of a mischievous smile, “Oh, really?”

I slowly nodded.

He was attractive, really but I wonder if he could level with Lee Donghae. Oh good, Lord! I’m here with a man and Lee Donghae enters my mind out of nowhere.

 

..to be continued..


Short update here~ Funny how Tiffany thinks she’s losing her sanity. LOL :D Tiffany’s date seems a little cocky, don’t y’all think? KOMAWO! *bows* ‘Till my next update! And oooh, by the way, last chapter will be the last one, too. Bittersweet, huh? Annyeong!


COMMENT REPLIES

@ParkEunIn & @ kyueunsihae & @clumsy_g. here is the update, my dearest subscribers.. and oh, no worries ;) updating is actually MY pleasure. i would love it if you will tell me what do you feel about what's been happening, arasseo? ^.^