Challenge

My Bodyguard

-Myungsoo at a grave-

Tears streamed down Myungsoo’s face as he clutched the bouquet of flowers and the lunchbox he personally made for his sister.

Yes, his sister.

The sister that meant the world to him.

The sister that was on the cold damp ground lying in the barren land under a grave. 

The one sister he ever had.

Myungsoo went in front of the grave and knelt. He closed his eyes and put his hands on his face.

“Noona… I hope your resting in peace. You always taught me how to be strong and courage, and I’m very thankful for that. You have been there for times I needed help a lot. I’m so grateful. I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you. If only I hadn’t asked you come quickly that day, you would’ve been alive. I hope you rest in peace forever. But one thing’s for sure, whoever was the person who did this to you, I’ll make sure they pay,” Myungsoo cried.

 

 

-Back at home-

“AHAHHAHAH! Look at Jerry run! AHAHAHA, they slit on the ice! AHAHAHA, “ Sungyeol laughed.

“Aish this guy. ATLEAST WATCHED YOUR ‘TOM AND JERRY’ in quiet!," The defeated Hoya protested as he screamed from his room.

“AHAHAHAH,”

“Yummy ice-cream here I come,” Sungjong evilly smiled as he wiped his lips and went into the kitchen. He opened the freezer to see no more ice-cream left.

“ANDWAEEEEEEEE!” Sungjong screamed at the top of his lungs. Everyone shot up and walked into the kitchen, even Dongwoo.

“WHAT’S THE MATTER? DID YOU HURT YOURSELF? WHY YOU CRYING?” Sunggyu questioned.

“Hyung,” Sungjong sniffled, “There’s no more ice-cream.”

Everyone looked at him awed. Dongwoo rolled his eyes and went back to the living room.

“Woohyun hyung~” Sungjong smiled. “Wanna go buy ice-cream with me?”

“Sorry sir, but I was told strictly that once you had finished all the ice-creams there will be no more for today,” Woohyun replied as he fiddled with his fingers.

“But-“ Sungjong began.

“That’s enough Sungjong, you know yourself that if you eat too much ice-cream you’ll get a cold, so no more for today,” Sunggyu pointed.

“But-“

“No buts,”

 

You came downstairs and decided to ask everyone where Myungsoo was.

“Hey guys,” you sheepishly smiled. “Where’s Myungsoo?”

Everyone stiffened. Today was the Memorial Day.

“Umm…he went… err…” everyone began. Sungjong coughed. Hoya just looked around.

You raised your eyebrow.

“He went to shops, yeah,” Hoya finished. Everyone nodded.

“He would take flowers and lunchbox to the shops?” You asked as you glanced at the faces and realised it was a complete lie.

“That’s because he has-“ Sunggyu started.

“He went to a memorial didn’t he?” you asked.

“How did you….?” Sungyeol said.

“So tell me guys, where is he?” You enquired.

Sunggyu sighed, “Don’t tell him we said this, but he’s gone to his sister’s grave.”

Your eyes widened. *Sister? He had a sister?* ‘

“What…what happened to his…sister?” You stammered.

“He had a sister?!” Min Ah asked from the stairs. Sunggyu turned his head towards her.

“Yeah, he loved his sister very much. When Myungsoo was bullied and harassed when he was younger, his sister would always come to his defence and always protect him. Then, he wasn’t very brave or strong then to protect himself, because he was afraid of the bullies.  Every time the bullies would hit or tease Myungsoo and Myungsoo would always go find his sister,” Sunggyu explained sighing.

Hoya continued,”One day, it got out of control. Since Myungsoo didn’t have any friends then, the bullies picked on him, and bashed him.  His sister came running, and when she was trying to protect him…one of the bullies had a knife, and instead of Myungsoo, the knife killed his sister.”

You gasped. *How could anyone be that cruel?*

“His father did everything he could, but in the end, his sister died. Myungsoo’s dad put the bullies in the jail. The thing is…Myungsoo doesn’t know that the bullies are all related to Mul Han. If we tell him, he sure wouldn’t let him go, and that’s the last thing we want,” Sungyeol explained.

“MUL HAN?! THAT SON OF A B****???” you cursed before you realised you had sweared so harshly, even though you didn’t regret it. Everyone stared at you.

“Err…. Yeah, I guess you can call him that. But please don’t tell him that. If he knows its Mul Han, he won’t be still. He’ll sure to take revenge, and trust me, Mul Han is not that simple,” Sungjong clarified.

“Araso…but its best to tell our dad’s, he can do something about this,” Min Ah suggested.

“Okay, I’ll do that,” Sunggyu said.

“Wait… my dad knows you guys?” you asked.

A smirk came on his face.

*DAD, I SHALL KILL YOU! And as for you Myungsoo, I shall continue with my phone prank. But I do feel sorry, hope your sister is resting in peace* you thought.

“So when is Myungsoo coming?” You asked.

“Not sure, but he would probably come late,” Sunggyu replied.

“Anyway, since Ria is not here because of you guys,” you pointed at each one of them, “I shall cook today’s dinner.”

“You can cook?” Dongwoo yelled from the living room.

“AHEM! What’s that supposed to mean? I can cook very well…” you argued even though you knew you were lacking.

Min Ah nudged you and gave you the ‘you-don’t-know-how-to-cook’

But you weren’t giving up just yet. “Everyone, go and sit in the living room, today’s menu is spaghetti!”

“Yah, you sure you don’t need help?” Min Ah worriedly whispered.

“No problem,” you did the ‘OK’ sign.

“You don’t need OUR help?” Sunggyu said.

“Nope,” you replied as you dashed into the kitchen.

“Don’t burn yourself, or better yet the house,” Dongwoo said as he was lying on the couch.

You ignored his comment and started to cook. About half an hour later you plated up your spaghetti.

You prepared 9 plates just in case Myungsoo came home early. You were very confident with your dish.  You called everyone to the table.

“Noona! I’m so hungry! Ooooo…. This looks nice. I shall eat the first bite,” Sungjong said as he sat at the table along with the others boys and Min Ah.

Sungjong put a mouthful into his mouth and chewed happily so everyone else did as well. You watched happily, until Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Min Ah and Hoya spit theirs out.

“Hehehe… Noona it’s…delicious..,” Sungjong stammered as he tried hard to swallow it.

“Why is everyone else not saying anything?” You asked as you glanced around.

Min Ah gave you the thumbs up, as she stuffed the spaghetti in . You tried some yourself.

“EHEHEHE… it must only be lacking of salt…” you sheepishly smiled. Dongwoo gave you the ‘are you kidding me now’ look.

“You have got to be kidding me. No offense but this is the worst I have eaten,” Dongwoo said.

Sunggyu kicked him

“Ouch, what, it is the truth,” Dongwoo pointed out.

“Fine then, you go cook, let’s see if you can cook any better,” you challenged.

“You’re challenging me now?” Dongwoo raised his eyebrow.

“Yes! Let’s see if you can do better,” you retorted

“Fine you said it, but if I do better than you, you have to grant me a wish, up for it?” Dongwoo asked.

Sungjong shook his head to indicate to you to say no, but you said yes.

Dongwoo smirked and put an apron on and started to cook. All of you watched from the table. You saw that he cut and did everything perfect.

*Oh no… he looks like he can cook well. , why did I have to challenge him* you mentally slapped yourself.

“Noona… for your information… Dongwoo hyung is a good cook,” Sungjong warned.

You looked at Dongwoo. He was doing his thing. *I’m sure it will only look nice, but not taste nice, right?*

Half an hour later, Dongwoo set the lovely smelling spaghetti on the table and rolled up his sleeves.

He prepared 9 dishes again like you did, just in case Myungsoo came back.

“Taste,” Dongwoo smirked.

You hesitantly put the fork in your mouth. As soon as it hit your mouth, your jaw dropped. It tasted so great and nice.

“It's not bad…” you lied.

“It’s the best! This spaghetti is the best; it’s even better than Noona-“Sungjong started but took a glance at you and stopped.

“I guess we have a winner,” Hoya pointed. You scowled at him

“Great, I’ll use my wish wisely then,” Dongwoo said as he sat down at the table and began to eat.

Just then the doorbell rang. Woohyun got up and opened it. Myungsoo came in and warily glanced around before going to the stairs.

“Hyung, come and eat,” Sungyeol said.

“I’m not hungry,” Myungsoo coldly replied before running upstairs. Dongwoo followed him.

*I guess he’s still sad. I hope he feels better later * everyone thought before digging in again.