The phone call

My Bodyguard

"Did the plan work?!” Dong-woon asked.

“As you can see, no!” You pointed out. 

“Hmm… he’s not going to listen to you is he?” Kikwang asked.

“Nope,”

“Then we just need our girls to make him fall in love for him to change,” Junhyung winked.

“Yah! Look at the girls, they are all scared to go up to him,” you pointed out again. All the girls blushed and went away.

“It actually might work. Many guys change from love. Trust me, I would know, especially through phoning,” Dongjoon stated.

“Hmm.. but who will be the girl,” you asked innocently. All pairs of eyes landed on you.

“Oh hell no! I ain’t being with that bastard,” You immediately said. Myungsoo glanced from the door, and you looked away.

“Yeah I agree, he’s not going anywhere near ------,” Yoseob said as he put a hand on your shoulder. 

“Aish. I hate my appa!” You mumbled. Just then Min Ah came back with her tray of food.

“Look on the bright side, at least were protected right?” Min Ah shrugged.

It was another night, where you and Min Ah had to write the boring notes. Luckily for once, the notes weren’t ,much and only took an hour. You scurried back to your room with Min Ah. Woohyun and Ria, also went to their own rooms, while glancing at each other.

“Goodnight Ria,” Woohyun sheepishly said.

“Dae, Goodnight,” Ria responded as she did a small bow while her face was a crimson red.

“Hey, Min Ah, I’ve been thinking about what Dongjoon said.” You began.

“Omo don’t get me started,” Min Ah puffed. “That guy makes every girl scared. No girl would have the courage to phone and make love with him.”

“But I’m not scared of him.”

“What?”

“What if I try?” you grinned.

“DAE?! Are you crazy? Don’t wreck the last of your reputation,”

“Don’t worry; he won’t know it’s me,”

“How can he not know it’s you?” Min Ah asked.

“Look at this phone. It has a setting to district your caller ID and phone number. It will only pop up saying ‘private number’,” you explained. “See, he won’t know then.”

Min Ah raised an eyebrow. “ He can tell by your voice you babo,”

“Ohh god, is this all you know of your friend?”

Min Ah looked at you.

You sighed, “Of course I’m going to talk in a different voice,”

“A different voice?!”

“Watch this,” you instructed. You put your phone to your ear, and raised your voice, so that your voice sounded different.

Hello, is this Myungsoo? I’m such a big fan of you. Are you free now?” you said, as you looked at Min Ah’s shocking face. “See would he notice with this voice?”

“Omo, no way! I can’t tell it’s you. How do you do that?” Min Ah questioned surprised. You just giggled.

You started to phone Myungsoo, when Min Ah noticed it. She turned serious immediately. “-----! Stop, it’ll end up in a big problem” Min Ah said wisely.

“Don’t worry” you said as you dialled Myungsoo’s number.  You pressed the button to call.

Myungsoo heard his phone ring, and looked at his screen. It said ‘private number’. *What’s this? Private number?* Myungsoo wondered.

Myungsoo picked his phone and said,” Hello?”

The phone was silent. You didn’t say anything deliberately. You had even put it on speakers.

“Hello? Hello? Why did you ring, and not say anything? Hello?” Myungsoo screeched thorugh his phone. He declined the call.

Min Ah looked at you. “So it actually works?”

“Of course,” you nodded.

You began to dial again. Min Ah came to say something, but you already silenced her by putting your fingers to your lips. You dialled the number again and didn’t say anything. Once again, Myungsoo got annoyed and declined the call.

He went to his bed, with his book and phone. You dialled the number again.  This time, it wasn’t Myungsoo’s voice. It was actually Woohyun’s.

“Hello? Who’s speaking?”Woohyun asked through the phone as Myungsoo had told him too. You put on your voice again.

Err… hello?” you said in another voice curious of who was speaking.

Woohyun cupped the phone so that you couldn’t hear him say to Myungsoo;

“SIR! It’s a girl!”

“What?! A girl?! Which girl? Ask what number she’s talking from,” Myungsoo demanded. Woohyun did as he told.

“Hello? What number are you speaking from? Who do you need?” Woohyun asked curiously.

“This is Myungsoo’s phone right?” You asked innocently. Min Ah stared at you awed.

“Yes, the phone is his. But the tone is mine. Why do you need him? Who are you?” Woohyun enquired.

Umm…I’m his lover,” You said. Woohyun gasped and so did Min Ah. He cupped the phone again.

“Sir! It’s a lover!” Woohyun exclaimed.

“WHY THE HELL IS YOUR LOVER CALLING ON MY PHONE?” Myungsoo screamed.

“NO sir! It’s your lover who’s calling. Of course your lover is going to talk to you on your phone,” Woohyun stated. Myungsoo just sat there awed. He did not have a girlfriend. He quickly grabbed the phone.

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU? I’M NOT YOUR LOVER!” Myungsoo yelled over the phone. He was about to smash his phone in fury, but he remembered your dad say that he must have his phone on at all times to contact in emergencies.

Back in your room you were pleased at your idea.

“Yes! The idea is right. The rest of this game will start tomorrow!”You said to Min Ah as she stood there still shocked.

You lay at your bed, and smiled at your victory. *Myungsoo get ready for your lifetime experience*