#1

The Studio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Min...”

“Yes?”

“Thank you...”

She looked up and gave him her brightest smile. He laid down and sighed in relief as soon as his back touched the cool floor. It’s these little things in life, he thought to himself, that makes the world seem okay when it’s not. He shut his eyes tight while letting his muscles relax. “Honestly, I don’t even know what I would do without you letting me in here,” he said. “Are you sure you won’t be in trouble?"

She shook her head.

“Bro, I’ve been doing this for five years. And by me letting you in, doesn’t that tell you how good I am at this? ㅋㅋㅋ.” He laughed along with her as he kept his eyes shut tight, not wanting to let go of this blissful moment. “Are you not tired?” he asked. He could hear the sound of her footsteps, heading the opposite direction towards the closet. He knew exactly what came next and he couldn’t help but to smile. “Well...” something was being dragged across the floor, “Our comeback is inching closer, but probably not any more tired than you are.”

...and that’s the neck pop, he said to himself as the sound of a bone crack echoed around the mirrored and wooden floored room.

“I still can’t get used to that,” he said as he sat up to find her stretching her limbs as far as she can on the ballet bar she just took out from the closet. He walked up to the stereo system on the corner of the room and a U.S. hip hop station that he’s gained to love, thanks to little miss New York right here.

Watching himself in the mirror, he began to move to the music without hesitation. People have seen him as THE dancer of his group. But he’s never truthfully felt like one outside of this room --outside of this moment.

“Ooh~ I love this song,” she said from the other end of the room as she continues practicing her piques. “In my head...” she sang under her breath and harmonized, “I see you all over me. In my head... you fulfill my fantasy. In my head... you’ll be screaming now. In my head...”

He kept on dancing to the music and she kept on singing with ease. It was really an odd picture, but they both felt peace that they have yet to find anywhere else.

As the of the song rolls in, she stood up straight and belted her voice to hit that high note that even Jason DeRulo himself seemed to have a hard time hitting during his live performances. She coolly went back to her routine with ease as soon as the is over. He laughed while he kept moving and dancing without care.

“Isn’t that song just the most awkward?” she said as she leaned her body towards her leg that’s propped up against the wall next to the ballet bar.

He shrugged.

“I don’t really pay attention to the words,” he said, finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter