The Lair

Black Friday

Narrator’s POV

After walking for about fifteen minutes into a forest looking place based on the one and only, but half hidden track leading the way, she realized that the trees were clearing, and the track lead her to a building in the middle of nowhere. Friday stood in front of the huge warehouse in disbelief. She looked at the address on the letter, and then compared it to the one on the signpost that was half hidden by overgrown shrubs. She found the correct place alright, yet Friday did not expect it to be a huge pentagon shaped warehouse. Friday spotted a door at the extreme left of the whole wall, and walking towards it, she spotted a sign that was shaped exactly like the pendant of her necklace, with two words under it. “EXO’s LAIR”, Friday breathed touching the sign, she knocked on the door, and waited. After a few minutes of waiting, Friday decided to use the key to unlock the chain that chained the doors together. With a twist of the key, the chains fell into her hand, and she pushed open the door, pulled her suitcase up the two steps leading into the warehouse and locked the door behind her, wondering why there wasn’t anyone home.

Standing in total darkness, Friday’s heartbeat accelerated, and she felt around with her hands. Friday felt eight switches by the door, and she flicked the first one. The ‘wall’ with the door sudden turned clear, as though it had disappeared and the bright afternoon sun’s rays poured in. Friday gasped, holding out her arm to shield her eyes from the sudden brightness. Slowly, she put her hand down, and looked up to a humongous piece of clear glass that stretched across what she had expected to be black cemented wall. She turned around, and saw that all six sides of the warehouse were made of glass, but it was heavily tinted so that it looked like black painted walls from outside. Friday flicked the switches, and one by one the six sides of the pentagonal warehouse turned clear. When she flicked the seventh switch, light poured in from above, and she saw that the ceiling was also made of the same kind of glass; looking down, she saw that she was standing on clear glass that showed the forest ground, and realized that the floor was slightly levitated, supported by a base structure that formed EXO, something like the pattern on her pendant. Friday also spotted a digital screen that showed a preset temperature of “20°C”, and she touched the tick on the screen. Immediately, the temperature started to turn colder and Friday looked around, wondering how that was achieved, as she saw no air conditioner.

Friday started to notice how the warehouse was furnished, and saw that there was no partitions, yet you could distinctly differentiate the sectors of the warehouse. Feeling awkward standing exposed to the forest, Friday flicked the first six switches back off so that sunlight only streamed in from the ceiling. She removed her sneakers and placed them in one of the compartments of the shoe rack protruding out of wall beside the switches. She saw that all the shoes belonged to guys, and frowned, wondering why. Friday pulled her suitcase to the “WARDROBE” area, which was an open closet with many horizontal poles hanging from the ceiling, where clothes are hanged on. A leaning shelf stood on each side of the wall, and the top shelves held accessories ranging from rings to ties, while the two lower tiers held man brief and boxers. Between the two leaning shelf, random hooks protruded out of the wall, and Friday saw that some of them were shaped like hangers , or even collars. The clothes and accessories ranged from casual to formal, and most of them looked expensive. Again Friday noticed these all belonged to guys, and she realized that she might actually be living in a house full of males. Leaving her suitcase there, she walked pass the kitchen and towards the huge bedroom.

Friday laid down on one of the humongous bed, looking up at the sky and thought, “Living with twelve guys? Will my supposed dad make me do that? Should I find another place to live?” As more and more thoughts filled her head, Friday focused and made a dark cloud drift over the lair, blocking the afternoon sun. Listening to the soft pitter patter of the slight drizzle outside and against the glass ceiling, her tiredness gradually took over her senses, and Friday drifted to sleep.

Kris’ POV

Driving EXO-M home my red Jeep Commander, I thought about what the headmaster, or what we EXO call, Chief, had told me and Suho in school today. Another one of us? The Chief informed both of us that he had actually found someone that also had EXO blood running in his body. The new kid is a 17 years old by the name Black Friday. Queer name… Chief had told the two of us that we only need to inform the others when we finally meet the new kid. He even said that we need to be prepared, as the new kid would be joining us very soon. But how soon is soon?  I had tried to ask Chief for more information on this new kid, but he just said that the new kid is Unique, and said that the twelve of us must guide him since he, unlike us, is not aware of EXO and its history. Suho had asked whether the new kid could be a direct sibling of any one of us, like how he was Kai’s brother. The Chief just smiled and told us,

“Wherever there is light, darkness follows.”

Light… Could that be referring to Baekhyun? But if such reference is made, does that also mean the new kid is a controller of darkness? Controlling the darkness… Black Friday…

“HYUNG!” Tao yelled in my ear from the seat behind me, breaking my train of thoughts. I gave him a glare via the rear mirror, but he ignored it and pointed into the forest, towards the direction of our lair, exclaiming, “Look at the sky!” It is around six, and the sun is setting soon, but what was queer was that there were a few particular dark clouds somewhere in the distance, seemingly above our lair. Dark clouds… Controller of the Dark? As I turned into the forest, I pressed my car horn, and caught the attention of the driver of the bronze Jeep Commander behind us, Suho. I put the window down and stuck my hand out, pointing up towards the dark clouds. From the side mirror I saw Suho stick his hand out, with his last two fingers bend, forming something like a gun. That was one of our hand signs, which meant alerted.


TADA~

hoho.. something is weird!

Kris had been refering to a new GUY, but isnt Friday a female~?

Thank you to you subscribers^^ Please comment on what you think ^^

(credit!)