A Tearful Thank You

Don't Give Up On Me

Sehun ran past me as I prepared our breakfast. He looked scared.

"Baby whats wrong?" 

"Kai where are the car keys? Go get dressed fast, we're going to XYZ hopital now!!"

Judging from his face I knew something was wrong, maybe we overdid it yesterday? Nah, that can't be it, I mean, going at it a couple of rounds can't be bad right? nevertheless, I got dressed and followed Sehun to the car, he was jumpy so I offered to drive and he, surprisingly let me. 

The whole ride he kept fidgetting and ignoring my questions. I was getting worried now, had something happened to Luhan, or Mom or Dad? or maybe be Taemin hyung fell from the stairs again. Maybe, this time it was somthing serious. Now i was losing my patience.

"Baby, just tell me whats wrong?" I asked him for the nth time as we entered the hospital, but this time too he didn't say anything, and rushed to the frong desk.

"I'm here for Byun Baekhyun..." he said, his voice shaking and his face pale.

"Ah...yes, please go to the 4th floor, room number 456. They are waiting for you..."  

And Sehun ran, without looking back, but I was stuck at the same spot, i couldn't move a muscle. He was that worried about that bastard? for Baekhyun? are we here for him? after that fight he had he had the nerve to come here for Baekhyun! I don't believe this. And whats more, Sehun had run off, not even looking back for me. I guess I'll just leave, stay with my parents for a while, that'll help Sehun, give him enough time to chose between me and Baekhyun. I rather not be a hinderance to their budding romance. I my heel and walked towrds the exit. Feeling the betrayal of my husband and my friend wash over me.  

Wait a sec, no, this can't be, Sehun's MY husband. He is mine, hell I just got him back, and I'm not letting him go without a fight. Baekhyun might be in the hopspital but I'm gonna challenge him for my Sehun. And with this I ran towards room number 456. I rushed in to a scene which was the most unexpected. 

There lay Baekhyun, on the bed with all sorts of things attached to him. There was a loud beeping noise that had filled the room. and a crying Sehun on one of the visitors chairs with the doctor slightly patting his back. The moment he saw me, Sehun leapt into my arms and weeped into my shirt.

"He's gone, Kai...Baekhyun...he's dead..." Sehun managed to mumble out between his sobs and hiccups. I tried to soothe him, though my mind was still dazed, and my eyes still taking in the sight of a pale Baekhyun, lifeless, yet content. He had a small smile, a look  of joy? on his face? as if he was glad to be leaving. To be gone. It was unfathomable. Unconciously I gripped Sehun closer to me. I hadn't noticed him calming down, neigther had I noticed him looking at me nor the doctor leave to call Baekhyun's family.

"You were wrong you know..." I heard Sehun's voice from a distance.

" He had a lover, Chanyeol, who had died two years ago on the same date as yesterday, it was is 2nd death anniversary. He told me I looked like him, and that made him miss Chanyeol more, he hung out more with me, even though he knew you didn't like it because he couldn't get over the fact that Chayeol was gone. But he started to avoid me, after we adopted Luhan and when he realised that you didn't remember any of us, he just wanted to cheer me up. He said he can never bear to see a look of sadness in my face. It wasn't like what you thought at all...when he told me about his life I started to cry and he was just comforting me. That's all. Thats why I got mad. And when you started to speak ill about him, I just lost it Kai. 'cuz you don't know what it feels like, not having the one you love, I almost lost you, but t least you were with me. He lost his Chanyeol, his brother his best friend, and still lived on. It would've been tough, very tough. I wouldn't have been able to do that Kai...if something had happened to you, and you had died...I-I would've..." his eyes were tearing up and and he started to cry again, but these were tears of thankfulness. He was thankful that I ws alive and also thankful that Baekhyun had finally gotten what he wanted. To be with Chanyeol. 

Though the next day, the newspapers had his obuitary in which it was announced that he had died in an acciddent, bot me and Sehun knew he had done it on purpose, but we kept our mouth shut.

A couple of days after, the funeral for our dear friend Baekhyun was arranged. Everyone was there. Everyone was sad. But I was guilty.Guilty, that I ruined my friendship with this great man without knowing his reasons. I felt stupid even for not listening and jumping to conclusions, god I'm such a nitwit. Yet I was thankful, he took care of Sehun when I couldn't. Thank you Baekhyun...thanks a ton.

That evening, I recieved a letter, it was from Baekhyun.

Hey Kai,

                                      I know, your probably freaked out, 'cuz by the ime you get this letter I'd be probably long gone to heaven, to my Chanyeol. I know I've been suspicious to you since the start, but I promise, I never had the intention to take Sehun away from you. I wanted you two to be happy. Sehun would've most probably told you everthing by now. And I know i need not say anymore. 

                                       It was probably very obvious to you both that I had, in fact done it on purpose. I couldn't bare it you know. Being alone. Mom and dad are probably devastated, first Chanyeol then me. They lost both their sons. tell them I'm sorry will you. Beg Sehun to forgive me, because I lied to him, you see, he looked so tense that I offered him a role in the drama our company was holding for a charity event, which is a big fat lie, tell him I just wanted him to relax for a while and wanted to see him enjoy. Also take care of him. He's a diamond among diamonds. And your adorable son Luhan, though I've never been able to play with as much as I would've like to, I still thought he was the most adorable kid I've ever seen in my life, I hope he grows up to be just like his parents. Wonderful.

                                     You must be wondering why I'm writting this to you rather than Sehun or my parents. It's simply beacuse to me, you were my best friend. Before that incident with Sehun, we both were good friends, though I completely understand why you chose to push me away, and I would've done the same. I don't regret anything that hs happened, and I rather you not regret  it either.

I'll miss you all up there, you, Lay, Kris, the whole gang of bafoons from office, my favorite groups SHINee and SNSD's comebacks and kimchi. But don't come up too fast, let me spend a load of time with my Channie, and only after a 10000 years of happiness for you and Sehun are you allowd to come up...on and when you do, remember to bring kimchi and some chinese for channie, I'm not sure if they serve those up in heaven.

    Forever wishing you well                                                                                                                                                                        

BYUN BAEKHYUN

P.S before you freak out, I wrote this letter before I died. And m posting it now, it should reach you in a few days....^^

 

There were tears in my eyes, yet I was smiling, that idiot. I was thankful to Sehun and Luhan though, beacause right now, Sehun was running around the living room, chasing a Luhan with Luhan's pyjamas in his hands and pair of pink underwear for Luhan, yelling at him to stop. 

I promise I'll look after them Baek, you have fun with Chanyeol.

I stuffed the letter in my pocket and jumped into the chase, running behind our son, to get him ready for and when we finally setelled down for the night, I had one long look at my beautiful husband, snuggled up beside me, I was glad, that it was a happily ever after for everyone.