Down the Rabbit Hole

House of Cards

http://www.polyvore.com/down_rabbit_hole/set?id=53510951

Outfits once again^^^

Okay. A real chapter, although it's only like, half the length. OTL

I STAYED UP UNTILL THREE WRITING THIS AND THAT WAS ALL I WROTE.

 

-----------

 

 




My melodramatic story begins here. Yippee. Too bad I have no dolphin flipper bit of sense to figure out how to have somebody else see this, much less get out of here.





I woke up.


Went to school.


Talked to the people who thought I was their friend.

And I talked to my secret sister, I wished she was my sister... I've known her since sixth grade, and I call her 'unnie' every day.


I took a math test, which I expected to fail.


I went to the courtyard for lunch.


I brought my guitar today and I played songs and wrote more music in the courtyard instead of eating, as usual.


I guess I'm anorexic.


I technically am... I consume less than four hundred calories a day, so I am.


I saw him walk by me.


I hate him.


But it was sunny out today... And the light seemed to make him sparkle , like those twincest moments in Host Club between Hikaru and Kaoru. And a breeze passed by and swept though those amazing black locks as he was looking over at his friend, wearing that grin....


WAIT.



I HATE HIM.



WHAT THE CABBAGE IS WRONG WITH ME.


Back to paying guitar, you don't notice him. You're not obsessing over every perfect detail of his.

Nope.

Not at all.


Lunch ended. I went into science class after heading to the bathroom and trying to suppress my gag reflex and brushing my teeth making sure they were as clean and white as possible. Some things just make me want to puke. Like creme brûlée (A.N/ I'm trying not to puke right now as I type this, whenever I think about that stuff I legit almost throw up.)

I kind of have OCD.


I obsess over hygiene and my appearence.

I constantly have clean teeth and fresh breath. I hate sweating. I have I shower EVERY DAY, and before I go out anywhere. I carry a mirror with me everywhere. Always fixing my outfit. I carry around 90% rubbing alcohol for cripes sake. I re-apply cologne every two hours, HAVE to fix my makeup hourly, and I twitch if my hair isn't exactly the way I want it...

My writing is always organized. I have work noted and bookmarked better than the president's assistant. My papers are organized alphabetically by subject and date in seperate files. And NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE touches my stuff.


Yup.
I have an obsessive compulsive disorder.


And too much time.


I just keep it under-wraps because then I would go immediately into therapy because I also suffer from anorexia and anxiety, and my mother already thinks I secretly have depression.



Anywho, the teacher assigned lab partners.

We had to re-create his formula successfully with our partner and  fill out a booklet on our expirment and learning experience and write a conclusion report of no more or no less than three organized paragraphs with a minimum of three hundred and fifty words. I was partnered with him.


I rolled up my sleeves and put on my safety goggles and pinned my bangs out of my face. I tucked my pens in the pocket of my lab coat and snapped the rubber gloves onto my hands before immediately setting to work, not even giving him a chance to speak before telling him every exact detail of what I was doing and wrote down a formula as I brainstormed on what ingredients our not-so-sane science teacher had used in order to concoct his 'secret potion'.


I got us both and A+, and we were the first to finish.


I left class and headed to my locker. I had choir to attend to, and then a free period that I planned to spend on my bench next to the willow tree in the courtyard.


I went to choir.


I was the best girl in my grade.

I was aiming to be THE best, better than him. The guy who was more talented than Justin Bieber and One Direction EVER will be, combined.


I left choir class and headed to the courtyard.


I was writing a new piece secretly.

...And a new music playlist for my blog.


Music was the most important thing in my life, nothing matters more than it to me.

I put my journal away and began singing a song cover I had been working on, sure that I was alone.

It was Black Star by Avril Lavigne.

"A shining star, a shining star,

A black star

Black star


Black star..."



"You're really good."


I nearly jumped twenty feet in the air and died in the same second.


It was him.



He had been listening to me.

Sing.




"How long have you been listening?" I cautiously asked.



"Every since you put away that little red book of yours. You have something different about you," he stated as he leant against the tree.



"Um, thanks."



"Are you coming to practice?"



"Wouldn't miss it for the world..."


"You excited for that 'kiss scene'?"

"I'd rather die than have to act that out with that kid..."

He chuckled and shoved his hands in the pockets of his charcoal skinny jeans.

"I come and listen to you during lunch. You're good."

"Thanks..."


I felt awkward.

I don't look anybody in the eyes.

If I do, I feel as if they judge every single aspect of me, cut their way through me into my own soul and tear out every single and last flaw down to the way which veins my blood ran through to reach my heart.








The bell rang.



My free period was halfway through.


"I'm going to the library until the end of the period, wanna come with?" he asked.



"Yeah. Let me get my stuff together first..."

I put away my guitar and put everything back in my bag before sweeping my fringe out I my eyes and back into place, following him to the almost-always deserted library.


He helped out here, I knew that because I come here instead when it's too cold or hot, or when the weather isn't to my liking. The librarians never minded, they told me I had a good future ahead of me. I didn't see why though... I was average in my eyes. I barely passed math, and the only things I cared about were my graphic design classes, art, and music. I just happened to understand what my science teacher was talking about, probably because he was looney....



We went to sit down in the corner of the abandoned room, saying a quick 'hello' to the librarians and helper at the desk.

I sat down on the bench, and he sunk into the over-sized beanbag that was two thirds my full height.

We talked, and checked out a couple books before leaving the library five minutes early so we could grab all of our stuff before we went to the theater to rehearse the play.


My friend had somehow dragged me into drama this year, she adored it. I was just there for her sake, and I didn't have enough to distract me. I was addicted to having a busy life, relying on a timed and planned schedule.

I had everything memorized.


I played Alice, we were performing 'Alice in Wonderland'.
He played the Mad Hatter, full of charm- and craze.

He WAS the Mad Hatter after all.



We started Act 1, Scene 1. We were only doing the first Act for today, since there was an awards ceremony here later and they needed us to be out do they could set up.



We finished Act 1, and we all went home.

He was coming over to my house, 'Drama Mama', or our director, had forced us into it, because the Hatter and Alice needed a good bond, or whatever she had said.

We went to my house, and I said hi to my family, and introduced him before heading up to my room and settin our stuff there. No homework today surprisingly. So we could go straight into doing whatever. We rehearsed our parts together, and he helped me understand a sheet of math homework that had somehow slipped my mind. He did well in math, and I did well in science, so I guess we kind of helped eachother once we figured out we were both suffering.

Things got awkward, so we decided to walk through the nature park that was down the street. The place was old, no one tended to it, so it was just like a place for kids to just.. chill.


We walked down an old path that I had never noticed before, and it suddenly got a bit chillier. I took my sweater out of my backpack and put it on, wondering what caused the temperature to change. Then I saw a rabbit. A white one. I guess he did too, because soon we both chased after it. Stupid idea.

It ran around a big tree with exposed and tangled roots, and me, being so Onew conditioned, tripped, and pulled him down with me in a panic. And I guess we fell down a hole, because I tumbled on top of him, wide-eyed and breathing irregularly from the shock. I got up and started blushing redder than a cherry, putting a hand up to my face to fix my bangs and glasses, hoping to hide my ridiculous face color behind my hair, looking at the floor. Wait.


Floor.


We were standing on a tiled floor.


It was an unpleasant combination of beige and cocoa and checkered patterned. I looked around and up off he floor to find we were in a room, with three doors, and a little glass and rusted copper side table in the middle of the room with something on it.


I looked over to him and grabbed his wrist and tugged him over to the table. I heard a crack behind me, and saw that roots were growing at a rapid pace, filling the large hole in the front of the room where we had tumbled in.

"No!" he shouted, running over to try and get out, but he failed. He banged on the solid blockade and quietly cursed. We were stuck here.


But it was still light... Oh, there was an old rusty copper chandelier above us. Why the...???


I looked back on the table.

A glass bottle was on it, with a little tag that read 'Drink Me', next to an old rusty key on a string. I picked up the key and tied it around my wrist, tucking it into my earthy gloves. I picked up the bottle and removed the cork, sniffing it.
It smelt... funny.
I put the cork back in it and wrapped it in a handkerchief, and tied a hair band around it to keep it wrapped up. I put it in my sweater pocket and zipped it up.


"Hey, YoSeob- Y-Yoseob???"

I didn't see him.


"'S-Seob?" I called louder.


"Boo!"

I felt two hands on my shoulders and him blow in my ear.


I jumped, and immediately let reflex kick in as I pulled a pocket knife from under my shirt-hey, I keep a pocket knife in my bra, okay? It's more common than you think so don't judge me. I got up in embarrassment after realizing I had the blade only a few centimeters from his throat.


"You shouldn't do that Yang YoSeob, I COULD'VE KILLED YOU-"

"It's fine, calm down..."


He guided me to the three doors.


One was black, with an arched frame, and the paint was peeling.

One was... Mahogany? It looked like a regular old rickety door with rusty hinges.



The last one was a dark blue quarter moon with gold paint accents and a nice polished knob.  It seemed... entrancing, like it was pulling me towards it with an invisible rope.


I was about to take a step towards the mystical door when YoSeob lead me over to the most plain door.


"Hey, it looks normal, and safe, right?"


He glanced at me before slowly twisting the knob and pulling it open.

You heard wind.



And the cold.

It nipped at your skin like a disease.





It was the end of a cliff, with a fogged out drop.


He gasped and shut the door with haste, squeezing my hand in fear.

I linked my fingers tight with his as I cautiously approached the black door with chipped paint.


I opened it slowly, keeping my distance with the frame.



I screamed.



It was someone in a graveyard, with the Grim Reaper's blade pierced through their back, showing through the front of their white shirt, with a cloaked black figure behind them made of bones and yellow eyes and red irises. The person was smiling, ther lips twitching up in delight, blood spilling through their mouth, and staining the white buttoned dress shirt. I shut the door and let go of the knob, shaking as I looked over to YoSeob. He was just as shooken up as me.



"Are we in hell or something?" he asked me, his voice a pitch higher than the norm.


"I hope not... "


I looked in his eyes, but saw something move from the corner of my eye.







The last door.














It glimmered. The gold designs. The gold hand-painted designs glimmered.



I pulled him over to the door, and took the knob in my hand, and twisted it to the left and pulled.



It wouldn't budge.



I remembered the key I tucked in my glove and slid it into the key hole. It fit. I turned it, and the snap of the lock echoed through the silent room. I took a step back as I pulled open the door, and gasped at what I saw.