Ye Eun's Return

Infinitely Yours

Myungsoo woke up late the next afternoon. As he got up from bed he discovered a post-it note left on his phone.

“I left you something to eat Myungsoo-ah.” He turned and found his the folded table open with a full course meal left with a cover left on it. A bright smile spread across his face, and a tight feeling grew in his chest. Everything that was on the table was a dish that his mother made for him growing up.

Getting to know Suzy was like rediscovering bits and pieces of the boy he once was before his parents passed away. Her personality shined so brightly on him. He almost couldn’t bear the thought of her beautiful smile, so he squinted hard. So many feelings were buried deep within him since his parents passed away. Ever since they passed he became a cautious person; weary of the burden he may put on others, especially his aunt who was his guardian now.  Myungsoo had to mature quickly, and adjust to being a child without parents.

~*~*~

Myungsoo was in the middle of a shower when he heard a faint noise come from outside.

“Wooyoung?”

But there was no response. Myungsoo wrapped a towel from his waist down and stepped out of the bathroom.

“Well, hello there.” A woman with shoulder-length dark brown hair said to him. She was wearing black pants, and a black blazer that fit her well; underneath was a red printed shirt. Her gaze was curious but dark, and she suddenly her bottom lip. Myungsoo could immediately recognize her as a vampire; her inner right wrist bore a tattoo resembling the vamps who attacked him the night before.

Myungsoo took a step backward in his room and panic set through him. There was nowhere for him to run, and no one to help him in time.

“Looks like you’ve had a nice meal,” the woman said looking down at the table of empty dishes. “I hope you don’t mind if I have a bite.”

All of the sudden Myungsoo found himself on the floor. The woman was biting into his neck. He tried to push her off of him, but it was useless, she was too strong. This is the end, he thought.

~~

All of the sudden Suzy barged in with Ji Eun.

“Get the hell off of him, Ye Eun!” Suzy said while pushing her off of Myungsoo. Ji Eun had also helped in pushing her into the wall. However, Ye Eun appeared back to her original place in a flash seeming altogether unaffected by their advances.

“Well if it isn’t my princess’,” Ye Eun said rubbing her neck with her hand as if nothing had happened. Suzy and Ji Eun stared deep into Ye Eun’s eyes. It had been centuries since they’ve looked at their makers' face.

“You do know that I have some friends waiting outside for me, don’t you?”

“Then let’s discuss this outside,” Suzy responded; the last thing she wanted was for Myungsoo to get involved further. If she had to die, it would be protecting his precious human life.

After that sentence they all appeared on the roof with vampire speed. The sun had already set. The air was thin, cold, and carried a chilly breeze. Suzy tucked flowing strands of hair behind her ear.

“So... I heard you ladies intervened with some business outside of my club,” Ye Eun said with a playful glare.

“We had business with those humans,” Ji Eun responded confidently.

“Like what? I’m not stupid. I know both of you don’t feed on the living.”

“Whatever we do with them is none of your business. Why don’t you worry about more important things? Like your drug trafficking?” Suzy asked. Suzy’s eyes were dark amd full of pain, although she tried to hide it; looking upon Ye Eun’s face brought terrible memories of the life that had been stripped from her.

“But you interfered with my business. Not to mention that human appeals to my taste; his blood… has a sweeter taste to it. There’s something else about him…”

Suzy stopped Ye Eun before she could finish her thought. She appeared right in front of her with threatening eyes and held .

“Don’t tell me…” And all of the sudden Ye Eun burst into a laugh that sent chills down Suzy’s spine. “He’s a reincarnation of Sun Ra? Ha-ha, I’ve only seen one reincarnation such as this one other time in my long life…”

Her laughs continued to echo, laughs with absolutely no heart behind them. Suddenly a vampire from the night before appeared.

“Welcome Seungri. These are my two only ‘daughters,’ Suzy and Ji Eun.” Ye Eun said with a satisfied look on her face. Ye Eun released herself from Suzy’s grasp effortlessly; then all of the sudden she retaliated back. Ji Eun tried to stop the attack but Seungri and some other lacky vampires had Ji Eun gripped down tightly.

“Suzy, you know how much older I am than you, don’t you?

With that said Ye Eun began to beat on Suzy. She was thrown onto the floor, and bashed in by Ye Eun. Ji Eun couldn’t do anything but watch and call out for Ye Eun to stop. Joon and Bora could be there soon once they felt their vampire -‘makers’ in danger, but not in time.

“Go ahead and kill me like you should’ve years ago, you heartless ,” Suzy said spitting out blood crouched on the floor in pain. Gashes on her body bled freely all over her body.

A curious look spread onto Ye Eun’s face.

“Oh no, my love. I think I’ll have to play with you a little further from now on. You clearly don’t respect my authority. I’ll have to keep on toying with you; especially with that boy from earlier,” Ye Eun said with a wink towards Suzy. But Suzy felt a sudden weight around her waist; someone was hugging her from behind. It was Seungri, another vampire had replaced him to hold Ji Eun down.

“You’re too y to throw your life away for a human, you know?” Seungri said the side of Suzy’s face. She couldn’t respond to him because she was still coughing from the attacks; but all of the sudden he kissed her cheek, then he blood that dripped from the corner of . With a grin on his face, he too disappeared with the lackeys. Suzy then felt breath on her ear.

“I promise to visit you soon,” Ye Eun said, and she disappeared as well.

Suzy didn’t have the strength to stand on her two legs anymore, and she immediately fell onto her knees. By now Ji Eun was released from the enemies grasps, and she tried to hold Suzy up by the shoulders and help her.

“Suzy!! Suzy are you up here?!?!”

Suzy could hear Myungsoo’s voice calling out to her. He had run up almost ten flights of stairs to find the two of them on the roof, and Suzy bleeding horribly from the attack; her vampire regeneration couldn't heal fast enough from Ye Eun's severe attacks.

“We’re over here!” Ji Eun yelled out to him.

He ran over to them and Suzy felt his gaze on her.

“I’m okay…  You should get back inside. You--you barely have anything on,” Suzy said with a faint voice; her eyes were closing now by themselves, but she still caught sight of Myungsoo, and then the wound on his neck.

“Did that woman do this to her?!” Myungsoo said in a rage. He took Suzy’s hands into his own, and through the slits of her eyes Suzy could see he was panicked.

“What can I do to help?” he suddenly said. Suzy could hear the serious tone in his voice through her closed eyes.

“I’m going to bring her down to your place. She needs to feed. I can’t bring her back to our place for blood bags because it’s too far, and she’s severely injured. But you’re injured yourself...”

“This is nothing compared to last night.”

“Are you sure you can handle it?”

“Yes.”

There wasn’t a pause or doubt from his response. As soon as they reached his room Ji Eun carefully laid Suzy down on the bed.

“I want to check on Wooyoung and see if he’s okay. I’m scared Ye Eun will find him too. I need to alert Bora and Joon on the situation too, they’re waiting for me outside.”

“I’ll make sure she’s okay,” Suzy heard Myungsoo tell Ji Eun reassuringly, but she let out a moan as soon as Ji Eun left the room.

“Myungsoo, you don’t have to do this. I can—I can get home from here to get some blood to drink. Or I can even find some stranger if I have to,” she said, but her voice was still barely audible. But it was too late. She peeked through her eyes because he had stopped holding her for a little over a minute and she heard rustling.

Myungsoo had changed into comfortable pants but he didn’t put a shirt on. Suzy could see the wound on his neck from Ye Eun’s attack earlier, and she tried to raise her hand to touch it, but Myungsoo caught her hand in his before she could.

“Don’t worry about me right now,” and he kissed her hand gently with a thoughtful tenderness. She could see the worry in his eyes, and deep down she was thankful. "I don't want you going to anyone else for help right now. All you need is me."