Chapter 19 (Wish?)

Finding A Piece Of Missing Puzzle [Under Construction]

                The four of them were having their breakfast. Syumin was eating his toast slowly. The three teenagers waited for the little kid. It took them nearly ten minutes waiting for Syumin to finish his breakfast. The kid drank his milk.

                After making sure everything’s fine, they headed to the parking lot. Haejin was the one who would send Syumin to his school today. The two other teenagers headed to their university after bidding goodbye to both Syumin and Haejin. The way to the university was quite as usual.

                Nobody’s in the university except for Naeun knew about their status. Naeun never told anyone about it either. None of the people in the university ever suspected them about their relation since they were too busy study. Like what Hyaeri guessed, Naeun was someone who’s softhearted. She was also an easy-going one. At first Naeun may seem annoying since she acted all girly and so on. But after getting knows and hanging out with her she was not that bad, beside she was a trustworthy girl.

                Hyaeri was making her way to her first class when her name called by someone from a far. She looked around only to find Naeun breathless. Naeun took a deep breath before exhaling. Hyaeri eyed Naeun.

                “Hyaeri-ah,” That was the first word that came out of after she managed to stable her breathing.

                “What is it Naeun-unnie?” She asked. Naeun was two years older than her.

                “Your family name, Hwang is it?” Naeun asked. She nodded. “Your wedding it’s this 28th right?” She asked again. Hyaeri nodded. “Congrats dongsaeng-ah” She greeted with a big smile. Hyaeri smiled back. They went to their own class.

                Hyaeri was still confused whether she would be happy or not. What she knows was that she was scared. She tried to distract herself by focusing on what her lecturer said, at first she couldn’t but after a while she managed to distract herself.

                Min Hyuk got an emergency call from his company saying that BTOB’s showcase would be held at seven in Hongdae. It was in a sudden. Min Hyuk sent a short text to Hyaeri to pick her things up and headed to the parking lot where her car was parked. Luckily Hyaeri just finished her Biology’s lesson. She quickly made a run to the parking lot, only to find Min Hyuk already at the driver’s seat. She entered the Fairlady.

                She took a deep breath. The car started to move.

                “We’re going to Hongdae, we’ll be back late” Min Hyuk said. Hyaeri just silent. It was just eleven in the morning. She was wondering why they headed to Hongdae this time, but she shrugged it off. She leaned her body against the seat, she turned the radio on.

                “To Melodies, don’t forget BTOB’s showcase will be held tonight” The DJ said, after that Bangkok City by Orange Caramel was played.

                After a long ride finally they arrived at the right location. Min Hyuk parked the Fairlady at the parking lot. Luckily only few Melodies could be seen standing at the front of the area. Min Hyuk wore his shade. He told Hyaeri to put her hoody on. She did as told. They went out of the car.

                “What is happening actually?” Min Hyuk asked as both of them entered the waiting room.

                “There were mistakes made on the websites and tickets, we’re supposed to hold the showcase next week but the date that was shown on our company’s website at the tickets were today, nothing could be fixed since the tickets had been sold out and the mistakes just been discovered today morning,” One of the technician explained. The rest of the BTOB was still not there. Min Hyuk just sighed.

                After relaxing for a while, he started to do some warming up. He forgot Hyaeri was with him. He stretched his body. When he was about to do sit up the rest of his group-mates entered the room. Sungjae, Dong Geun and Ilhoon were wearing their school uniform. While the other three wore a simple clothing.

                “Min Hyuk-ah has you memories the lyrics already?” Eun Kwang asked. Min Hyuk nodded his head.

                “Noona, why are you here?” Ilhoon asked. Hyaeri just shrugged off. Ilhoon question made Min Hyuk turned his attention towards Hyaeri who was standing aside, her hoody was still on. She was playing with her handphone.

                He was about to say something to her when their manager entered the room asked as them to start the rehearsal at the stage. There would be fifteen thousand Melodies that would attend the showcase. The area was pretty large.

                Sungjae loosed his school tie and took off his blazer, so did Dong Geun and Ilhoon. They went outside. BTOB’s manager had invited Hyaeri to watch the boys rehearsing but she rejected, she said it was better for her to stay in the room doing her assignments. She had brought her I-Pad along with her along with the books she need and the notes and summaries that she had made. She was having three assignments; all the assignments need to be hand next three weeks. But since she had her time here she decided to do the assignments.

                When she was about to search for some more information, her tummy started to grumble making a weird sounds. She glanced at her watch. 5:00p.m. she had not eaten her lunch yet. She stood up from her seat and does some light stretching. She grabbed all her belonging.

                “Where are you going Hyaeri-ah?” Chang Sub asked. He was all sweating. BTOB started to pile in the room, with sweat all over their face and body making their clothing wet.

                “Foods, I haven’t had my lunch yet” She answered. Min Hyuk handed the car’s key to her.

                “Noona can you buy some for us too?” Ilhoon asked. She just nodded her head before leaving the room.

                “Take care of yourself, noona” Sungjae said.

                Hyaeri made her way to the nearby bakery. She bought Rainbow Butter Cake, Pineapple Cheese Twist, Milk Bun and Vanilla Cream Donut. She paid for the foods then headed to the nearest store to buy Mineral Waters and Orange Juice. After buying everything she need and want she headed back to the open-stadium. When she passed the entrance area the entrance was already full with Melodies chanting BTOB’s names and so on. She shook her head. She entered the waiting-room.

                Sungjae was drying his hair with the small towel. The coordi asked Ilhoon to take a seat then the coordi started to do her works. The five members of BTOB was nowhere to be seen. Hyaeri placed the foods on the table; she took one of the Milk Bun and ate it. She took her I-Pad out of her backpack and continued back on what she was doing before. It was unusual that she only ate a Milk Bun and drank Mineral Water. BTOB had enjoyed eating almost all of the foods and the drinks, only few of the foods left and a bottle of Orange Juice.

                “BTOB’s go!” The seven members of BTOB shouted at the same time after they placed their hands on top of each other, making Hyaeri snapped out of her own world. She glanced at her watch. Fifteen minutes before the showcase. She turned to the now messy table. She just shrugged it off before turning her attention towards BTOB.

                “Noona, let’s go” Ilhoon said grabbing Hyaeri’s right wrist.

                “I’ll clean this mess first, you go ahead” She said, Ilhoon let go of her wrist.

                “We’ll wait here for a while then” They decided waiting for Hyaeri who was throwing the mess inside the plastic bags that she brought. She put the left foods and drink inside her backpack after putting her I-Pad her other stuffs. She placed the plastic bag that she had tied beside the table. BTOB watched her entered the stadium. She was asked to take a seat at the very front seat which only limited for ten people. She was exactly at the centered of the stage.

                The voice of Melodies chanting each name of BTOB’s members could be heard clearly. The seats were occupied. The lights stage became dim. The opening song started to play. The chanting became louder and wilder. It was really uncontrollable. The showcase started. Hyaeri watched each of the songs that BTOB’s perform. In the middle of the showcase it was already time for solo performance. Eun Kwang was singing ‘One In A Million’ the song that was sung by Bosson. After him Ilhoon and Sungjae did a duet performance. Ilhoon mostly rapped while Sungjae rapped on some part and sang on most of the part that he need to sing. Hyunsik performed Bruno Mars’ ‘Just The Way You Are’.

                “Just the way you are~” Hyunsik ended his performance. The lights became dim for the unknown time. The projector in front showing Min Hyuk’s name. The folks grew wild. Hyaeri was not paying attention to why the Melodies grew wild. She was texting her little brother, Hanjee.

 

There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will
You will when you believe

                Those lines of ‘When You Believe’ caught her attention. She looked up at the stage. She was done replying all the messages her little brother sent last night that she just read today. She looked at Min Hyuk who was singing the song. ‘There can be miracles, when you believe’ Every time the lines sung, Min Hyuk would look at her, she noticed that. She was wondering why Min Hyuk looked at her every time he sung that line.

                After Min Hyuk ended his performance, Chang Sub started to perform and the last one to perform obviously Dong Geun. The last song before the showcase ended, BTOB performed their debut song, Insane. Exactly at quarter past ten the showcase ended.

                Hyaeri was still sitting on the audience seat. It took her ten minutes before standing up from her seat. All the loud sounds, shouting and chanting was no longer there. Finally it’s silent. She sighed letting a sigh of relieve. She made her way to the waiting room.

                “Noona, how was our performances?” Sungjae asked after changing his clothing. She made a thumb up.

                “Well, we’ll head back now, see you around” Min Hyuk said after changing his stage outfit to a more casual outfit. He grabbed his backpack. Hyaeri took the plastic bag that was filled with leftovers with her before following Min Hyuk from behind. When she found the big trash she threw the plastic bag.

                They were heading to Jeolla-province. Hyaeri was too tired that she slept along the way back to Jeolla. Even though she didn’t do much but because of the assignments she did make her, herself tired because of the thinking, solving, editing and other things she did. Instead of bringing her back to the apartment, Min Hyuk brought her to the park. He stopped the car. He raised the heater, it was cool that night. Hyaeri who felt the car stopped moving opened her eyes. She adjusted herself to the dark surrounding before turning her attention towards Min Hyuk.

                Min Hyuk was closing his eyes. He was sleeping. Hyaeri furrowed her eyebrows before leaning back and closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

                It was two in the morning when both of them stayed awoke. The surrounding was still dark. Min Hyuk turned the car engine off and went out of the car. Hyaeri followed him. Both of them took a seat at the long bench.

                “Why aren’t we headed back?” Hyaeri asked. Her voice was a little bit husky.

                “I want to talk” He said. Hyaeri noticed another thing about Min Hyuk, every time he wants to talk to her, he would bring her to the park instead of discussing it at home. Even though what he wanted to talk about was not important.

                Hyaeri raised one eyebrow signaling him to continue.

                “You remember the wedding is just hours away which will be tomorrow night” He started. Hyaeri just nodded her head. “Is there anything you want to do and you wish?” He asked again. She just shrugged her shoulders. She never thought of anything she wish and want. Not even a thing!