Save Me

My Angel's Whisper

CHAPTER SEVEN: Save Me


“Yah!” Jessica lightly punched Onew’s shoulder as they took the escalator down. She wanted to go back to the Perfume shop. He was just quiet, staring at the floor and all. “Hello? Earth to Mr. Lee Jinki?” Jessica said loudly in his ear. “Are you alright? Do you wanna go home already? `Cause I totally understand if you do.”

Onew realized that his companion was saying something, so he shook his head and turned to her.

“Sorry Sica? Could you say that again?”

The girl pouted. “Aigo~ You’re not listening to me?” She asked.

“Sorry...” He bowed down to her as they got off the escalator and apologized.

Jessica laughed. “It’s alright. I was just asking if you were okay and if you wanted to go home, `cause if you do I totally understand,” she replied, repeating almost the same exact words she said five minutes ago.

“Oh… Nah, I’m good. I was just thinking about something.” He smiled softly. She still looked like she wasn’t buying it.

“Really?” she asked. “You’re not gonna share?” She laughed.

“Uh…I…”

“You don’t have to tell me, you know.” She smiled. “But I’ll find out someday.”  Jessica said as the two of them entered the shop.

“You wanna go somewhere? I know you’re bored just watching me pick out stuff.”

“Not really, I-“ Onew said but stopped to think for a while. “Wait, maybe I will.” He laughed. “Be right back.”

“Okay~ If I’m not here later, I’ll be at the food court.” She smiled.

“See you~”

 

Onew left Jessica to test more perfumes as he headed up the escalator and went to the jewelry shop they were at two hours ago. He looked around at the varieties of silver and gold trinkets and accessories, narrowing his eyes to find the particular kind he wanted. Actually, the one she wanted. It was a silver necklace with a small heart as a pendant. It may sound really common, but this wasn’t. The heart was made of crystal clear diamond and on top of it was a silver diadem.

 

He paced back in forth inside the shop, trying to look for what he named ‘The Ice Princess Necklace.’

He thought it would be a perfect opportunity to give her hints to the mission. He felt bad, thinking that he was going to give her such a beautiful necklace with that kind of meaning. Yet at the same time, he also felt pretty good. He knew this necklace caught her eye when they first entered. She wanted it . He knew that it would make her happy.

 

Onew looked around some more and stopped in front of the glass case. There it was, sitting on the velvet cushion. He quickly called for the sales lady in the store and bought the pretty necklace.

 After that, he asked for a piece of paper from the lady and borrowed a pen. Onew began to write something down on the paper. He then touched the pendant, and a white glow came out of it. Onew stepped back, surprised at what happened and put it back in the box and it was tied with a ribbon before being placed in a paper bag. Totally satisfied with himself, he thanked the lady and trotted over to the perfume store. After finding that she wasn’t there, he hurried to the food court where she said she would be waiting.


-Meanwhile-

Jessica just finished her shopping. She went rounds in the perfume shop and stopped in front of a shop that sold Men’s accessories. She thought for a moment.

 

‘Maybe I should get him something…Just as thanks.’

 

She smiled and went inside the shop. All the men stopped and looked at her, probably wondering what a lady would be doing in a men’s accessory shop. She ignored their curious stares and looked around.

A man cleared his throat in front of her.

“Excuse me, miss. The ladies’ store is just beside this one,” he said. Jessica looked up at the man and narrowed her eyes on his nametag.

 

‘ Joon’ was the name she read as she looked back up at him.

 

Jessica gave him a sweet, innocent smile. “Oh, no. I’m not shopping for myself. I’m buying something for my boy friend.”

“Oh! Your boyfriend,” he said. Some of the guys in the store went ‘aww…’

“Ah! No! My friend who is a boy. Boy friend,” she said. “You seem to misunderstand.”

Joon laughed. “Whatever you say, miss,” he smiled. “So, can I help you find something? That is my job, after all.”

Jessica nodded. “I was thinking of giving him a bracelet.”

“Ah… I’ve got the perfect thing!”


 

Jessica smiled and thanked Joon for the gift idea. She bid him goodbye and carried the paper bag containing the bracelet she got from him.

‘He’s probably gonna head over to the food court now.’ She thought.

 

Jessica then hurried to the food court in her usual spot at the table positioned at the very end.

On the way, she bumped in to Tiffany and Yuri.

 

“Sica-yah! You’re here? OH MY GOSH!” Tiffany said and hugged her.

Yuri did the same. “SICA! YOU’RE ALIVE!” She exclaimed.

Jessica wondered what all the fuss was about and said, “Eh? What’s up with you two?”

“SICA, YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND!” Tiffany started.

“EXACTLY! YOU’RE ACTUALLY OUT. NOT IN THE HOUSE. OUT. LIKE, IN THE MALL. OH MY GOD,” Yuri continued.

“And?” The Ice Princess smirked and cocked her brow.

“It’s the old you!” Tiffany said.

“We missed it!” Yuri exclaimed.

“And it came back!” They chorused.

Jessica laughed. “Okay, okay. I get it. I was a dead kid. Now, can we please sit down?” she asked and the three girls headed to the spot at the end. Tiffany left the two girls for a moment to go buy drinks for the three of them. Yuri and Jessica chatted alone for a while. Then, the real conversation started when Tiffany came hurrying back to the table with the drinks in her hands.

 

“So, are you with anyone?” Tiffany asked. Yuri looked at her and they smiled at each other.

“What? Oh Yeah. He’ll be here in a while.” Jessica replied and looked down at her watch, then looked around for Onew.

‘ I hope he remembered. Food court, Onew.’

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany and Yuri again. They were smiling mischievously at each other.

“HE?”

“You’re with a boy?”

“Is he hot?”

“What does he look like?”

“What’s his name?”

“Is he your boyfriend?”

“What Jessie?”

“What?”

 

Tiffany and Yuri bombarded her with questions. The both of them were already happy to know that she was out in the mall. They were even happier to find out that Jessica was at the mall with a boy.

 

“I’ll introduce you guys to him when he comes back. He said he had to go buy something.”

 

“What if he’s buying your engagement ring?”  Yuri said.

“Yeah! What if he’s planning your wedding?”  Tiffany added.

 

“Guys, guys, guys! I am not even dating him and you two are already talking about planning our wedding? Come on. That’s just…ridiculous.”

 

And the three girls talked for a while waiting for Jessica’s ‘boy friend’ to arrive.

 


Onew searched the food court for Jessica. He went around a couple of times. She was nowhere to be found. He frowned and thought that maybe there was a place he didn’t go to yet. She said that she’d be there, after all. Maybe there were some things he missed. He wasn’t sure.

In truth, he always did miss something.  He began to ponder.

 

“Ah!” He exclaimed.

 

Onew seemed to find the answer to his question.

 

He remembered her telling him about her spot in the food court at the very end. Onew smiled to himself and hid the paper bag behind his back. He found her sitting there with…two other girls?

Onew was reluctant to come near this time. He thought it would only be him and Jessica around, now there were two other girls he didn’t know of. But he couldn’t do anything and approached their table slowly.

 

“Ah! Onew!” Jessica said and stood up.

“Sica!” Onew said and waved to her.

“Sit down,” Jessica said and Onew did so. Tiffany and Yuri were frozen in their seats. Their eyes were completely focused on the boy that sat before them.

 

(**Tiffany and Yuri are seeing Joongki right now, ne?)

 

Tiffany was pulling Yuri’s top down and Yuri was slapping her arm from under the table. The Korean-American girl then bent over to whisper something in Yuri’s ear.

“YUL! WHAT THE HELL! HE’S GORGEOUS. HE IS A GORGEOUS MAN.”

“I knooooow!!!” Yuri replied.

 

Jessica cleared and glared at the two girls. Seeing this, Tiffany and Yuri fixed themselves and sat up straight.

 

Jessica began to speak.

 

“Uh…So, Fany, Yul, this is Onew. He’s my friend,” she said and Onew stood up and bowed to them.

“Annyeong haseyo.”

“Ohhhhh. He’s so polite,” Yuri whispered dreamily into Tiffany’s ear.

“Yah. Shut it. She’s introducing us.”

“And Onew, this is Yuri,” Jessica said and pointed to Yuri. “This other girl is Tiffany.”

“Annyeong haseyo. It’s nice to meet you!” Both girls stood up and bowed.

 

After the introductions, the four of them chatted a while. Tiffany and Yuri told Onew about how they met Jessica when they were still kids and eventually became best friends. Onew told a little a bout himself. What he told them was the same information he revealed to Jessica when they first went out to the place past the garden. Jessica remained quiet, but said a few things in between. She wanted the three of them to be friends and get to know each other.

 

They talked for a while and Tiffany and Yuri had to scurry along.

 

“Bye guys! See you next time,” Onew said as the two girls prepared to leave.

“Bye Onew,” They chorused. “Bye Sica!”

Jessica laughed. “Bye bye.”

“See you!”

 

The two girls left, leaving Onew and Jessica there. They were finally alone with each other. It was just the two of them.

 

Onew thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to give her the gift.

Jessica thought likewise.

 

“Hey, Jess,” Onew said as Jessica took a sip of her drink.

“Yeah?” She looked at him.

“I got you something…” He said shyly.

Jessica was surprised. “R- really?”

 

Onew nodded and took the paper bag out. He was surprised she didn’t notice. He hid it behind his back and as he sat down, he put it beside him under the chair.

Tiffany and Yuri even saw it and asked what it was when Jessica when to the ladies’ room.

 

“Here.” Onew said, holding out the paper bag. Jessica was hesitant to take it.

“Take it, Jessie.” He smiled. “Please.”

Jessica sighed jokingly and took the paper bag. She tried to peek inside.

Onew stopped her.

 

“Yah! No!” He laughed. “Open it when we aren’t together anymore.”

“What?” Jessica asked.

 

‘…aren’t together anymore…’

 

“You’re moving again?”

Onew was taken aback by her question.

“No, silly! I mean later today when you reach home. What on earth were you thinking?” He asked.

“Well, sorry!” She laughed. “I just thought…”

“There’s no way I’m leaving Jess.” He smiled.

“Thank you, Onew.” Jessica smiled.

“N- no problem…”

 

There was a small pause.

 

“A- actually, I got you something as well.” She finally said and took out the small box.

“Sica…”

“Come on. It bought it for you!” She beamed at him and he took the box.

“What is it?” He asked and peeked in.

“Open it if you want to.” She giggled.

But Onew closed the box.

“I’ll open it later, so we can both open it at the same time!” He laughed.

Jessica laughed.

“You’re such a kid!”

 


Jessica and Onew left the mall and went to the bus stop. It was 4:30 and Jessica thought they couldn’t afford to go wandering around at night.

 

The two of them chatted and stuff until they reached their stop.

 

“Hey, I’ll walk you home.” Onew said, carrying some of Jessica shopping bags.

“You don’t have to,” she said. “Give me those.”

“No~” Onew said and stuck his tongue out. “Come on Jess~ just let me walk you home.”

“You really wanna walk with me?”

“No, I just really wanna walk you home,” Onew laughed.

Jessica sighed in defeat. “Alright. Let’s go.”

“Yey!” Onew exclaimed.

Jessica laughed.

“You really are a kid, aren’t you?”

 


Onew accompanied Jessica and talked to her as she walked home. She was talking about the stuff she bought and Joon, who told her to get out.

“But he let me stay when I said I’d be shopping for my boy friend.”

Onew was surprised at the words Jessica uttered. “Boyfriend?”

Jessica sighed. “Aigo~ That’s what he thought too. I mean boy friend. BOY. FRIEND. Separate words.” She laughed. “ I was in a Men’s shop. If I said I was buying something for my friend then he wouldn’t know my friend’s gender right?”

Onew laughed at her silliness. “Yeah…”

 

They talked a bit more as they walked to Jessica’s house. After a few minutes, they finally got there.

 

“Well Onew, here we are.”

“I guess…”

“So…see you?”

“I guess…”

“Keep guessing, Lee Jinki,” she said jokingly, her voice filled with sarcasm.

Onew just laughed.

 

“Well, bye Onew. See you.” Jessica smiled sweetly and unlocked the door.

“Bye Sica.” He waved as he walked away with her present in his hand and she turned to go inside.

 

Suddenly, the door opened and Jessica came runnieng to Onew.

“Thank you for today.” She gave him a kiss on the cheek and ran back into her house and screamed “Bye!” from the window.

 

“B- bye,” Onew said to himself as he stood there, touching the spot that she kissed just a moment ago.


Jessica put all the shopping bags on the coffee table in her living room and grabbed the paper bag Onew handed to her earlier.

 

She peeked in the gaps first and found a small box in the paper bag. She took it out and held it in her hands excitedly.

 

She took the box out and found a piece of folded white paper attached to the top of the box. She took it off and unfolded it.

 

Don’t throw this away and find out what it means.

Save Me.

 

Jessica was surprised at the contents of the mysterious letter.

“Don’t throw this away and find out what it means? What? Save who?” She read it aloud and put in her pocket, thinking she could solve this mystery later.

 

‘Did Onew really write that letter?’

 

She pondered for a moment. ‘Why would he? Impossible.’

She turned her attention to the box sitting on her lap. She slowly lifted the lid and a surprised but happy expression could be seen on her face.

 

“Omo!” She exclaimed as she took out the necklace. She examined the beautiful diamond pendant attached to the silver chain and pressed her lips against it.

“Thank You Onew!” She said to herself and put the necklace on herself. She then ran to the mirror to look at herself.

“It’s beautiful.” She smiled.

“Thank You so so so so so much, Onew!” She said loudly, even though she knew that he couldn’t hear her right now.

“I’ll hug you next time we see each other.” She laughed and walked back to the living room where she left her load shopping bags. She sank down into the couch and smiled.

 

“Aigo~ I can’t wait to tell Krystal about- Wait a minute, KRYSTAL!” Jessica exclaimed as she remembered her little sister. She hasn’t visited her for days.

 

Jessica looked at the wall clock. It read ‘5:00PM’

‘Good, there’s still time.’ She thought and took her purse and some keys, then ran out the door and headed to their meeting place.


“She’s not coming today either, I guess…” Krystal said to herself and gave out a disappointed sigh. She was about to disappear when she thought she heard Jessica call for her.

 

“KRYSTAL!” Jessica’s voice resounded through the garden.

 

“Awesome, I miss her so much that I’m hearing her voice.”

 

“Krystal, I’m sorry.” Jessica said, panting. Krystal turned around and saw her sister.

 

“Unnie?” Krystal stood there, not believing her unnie was there.

“Krystal I’m so sorry! I just got busy and-“
Krystal laughed. “It’s okay. I know why…”

“What are you saying?”

“It’s him isn’t it? It’s the Onew boy,” she said. “Unnie you promised me…”

“I’m sorry! I’ll just- I’ll make it up to you!” Jessica said and took her sister’s hand.

“Sis, you better,” Krystal smiled. So did Jessica.

“I’ll come here everyday like I used to, until you go,” Jessica laughed.

“Seriously?”

“YES.”

“Promise me.”

“I promise…”

 

Jessica and Krystal made a pinky promise and linked their pinkies together. It would be like when they first met each other, those first weeks.

 

“So sis, I would just love to know what held you up,” Krystal said and kicked a nearby rock.

“What?”

“What took you?” she repeated.

“Took me?”

Krystal laughed. “Don’t try to change the subject, unnie. You know what I’m talking about.” Krystal paused. “Why didn’t you come here for a long time?”

“Oh…that…”

“Yes, that.” She giggled. “Now what?”

Jessica cleared . “Well, Onew came to our house everyday and stuff-“
“Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh,” Krystal teased before her sister could even finish.

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Yeah he did that and we were alone all the time.”

Krystal was laughing.

Jessica made a weird face. “What?”

“You’re dating aren’t you?” she teased.

“NO!”

“Yeah right sis.”
“We aren’t.”

“Oh really? Then what’s that?” Krystal said with a mischievous smile on her face, pointing to the necklace Jessica received from Onew.

“A necklace,” Jessica stated the obvious.

“A necklace from Onew, you mean.”

“So what if it’s from him?”

“Oh nothing~”  Krystal smiled mysteriously. “And that is?” She pointed to the white piece of paper sticking out of Jessica’s pocket. “Oh let me guess! That’s his love letter!”

“Actually, I don’t know,” Jessica replied seriously.

“What do you mean you don’t know, sis?”

She sighed. “It came with the necklace. I don’t know if Onew wrote it or what.”

“Really? What does it say?”

“Here.” Jessica took the note out of her pocket and handed it to her younger sister. “Read it.”

Krystal took the note and held it in her hands. She carefully unfolded it and read the message aloud.

“Don’t throw this away and find out what it means…Save me?” She said and looked at Jessica.

“Sick joke,” Krystal added.

“I don’t think it is.”

“Have you tried asking Onew-oppa?”

“No…”

“You should.”

“I’m planning to… tomorrow…I just hope I solve this weird riddle.”


-Meanwhile-

“Yes!” Onew exclaimed as he raised his hand in the air.

“I am so productive today,” He said, praising himself. “I gave her a hint and bought and expensive necklace I’d never be able to buy and I met two other girls and went on a date with Sica!”

He stopped.

“Did I just say date? Wait, that wasn’t a date…or was it? I don’t know!” Onew said to himself and kicked a nearby rock on the sidewalk. Then, he remembered her gift.

 

He held the little box in his hands and slowly pulled the ribbon on top. Once he removed the ribbon, he lifted the lid carefully and it revealed her gift, a unique enamel bracelet.

“Cool.” He said as he tried on the bracelet and looked at his wrist.

“Komawoyo, Jessica-yah.” He giggled to himself. “Reminds me of when Taeyeon would buy me gifts…Haha…”

 

He stopped.

 

“TAEYEON. SHOOT! HER MISSION! I DIDN’T- AHHH!”

 

He remembered her, finally. He remembered that he had to help with her mission.

 

And so far, he hasn’t done anything.

 

Onew smacked himself on the forehead and ran towards the place at the back of the cemetery. It wasn’t too late, after all. He took a shortcut he knew and hurried to her.

 

“Taeng?” He immediately searched for her as he got there.

 

“You actually still know me?” Her voice was heard and she appeared before him. He saw the wings on her back and the halo on her head.

“Taeng…I’m sorry.” He ran to her and hugged her. She hugged him back tightly as a tear escaped from her eye.

“Jinki, I’m leaving…” she said.

He laughed. “Leaving already? It’s only past 5. Don’t you go back at 6?”

Taeyeon forced a smile a feigned a laugh. “That’s not what I’m trying to tell you…”
“What is it, then?” He said worriedly.

Taeyeon sighed.

“Jinki, my mission is complete. “ She smiled.

 

His eyes widened in surprise and he backed away a little. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

Her mission was complete, yet he doesn’t even know what it is.

It’s over, yet he didn’t know it had already started.

He was supposed to help and yet he didn’t do a thing for her.

She was the reason he was like this right now, and now she’s going to disappear.

 

“Seriously. Stop joking,” he said. “Tell me what it is! I didn’t even help?!” He shouted.

“Sshh…” She hushed him and placed a finger on his lips. “It’s over. And you finished it for me.”

He was puzzled. “What? I didn’t-“

 

He tried to speak, but he was silenced by a bright light coming down from above. It was shining on her and she was slowly being raised. He grabbed her hand.

“Don’t go!” He pleaded. “I need more time with you!”

Taeyeon looked down on him and another tear escaped her eye. “Let go, Jinki. This will finally complete my mission. Let go and…” she said with a trembling voice. “Let go and I’ll finally be free.”

 

“No!” He screamed. “Come back!”

“There’s no way, Jinki. Your time with her is up.” A voice came down from the heavens.

“Leeteuk-Oppa…” Taeyeon said and smiled.

“Come Taeyeon, we must go quickly.” He said and reached his hand out as he descended from the clouds.

“You have to let go, now.” Taeyeon told Onew.

“I can’t…It’s too soon…”

 

Leeteuk interrupted, “You should have used your time with her wisely, Lee Jinki. It’s over. Focus on your own task.”

“But-“

“Please, Onew.” Taeyeon begged him.

“She’ll be watching you, Jinki. Don’t worry. And she’ll be safe with me up there,” Leeteuk reassured.

“I- I- I can’t…” He sighed and his head hung low.

 

He was crying.

 

“Goodbye, Onew.” Taeyeon said as Onew’s grip on her hand loosened.

“Goodbye, Taeyeon.”

 


 

Aigo, what happened to my readers? :/

I might not update if I think no one's reading this anymore.

Do I too much? ;o :( :))

Leave a comment. Even negative ones or stuff correcting me. :/ =)) :D

Well, annyeong. ;D

See you guys.

Comments are LOVED. ♥

--author.

EDIT: November 23, 2013