Pact

My Angel's Whisper

CHAPTER FIVE: Pact


Onew sighed and stared at the stars, lying down on the soft grass by the lake. It was sunset. It was time for Taeyeon to go back to heaven, but not permanently. Not yet.

 

“Why does it have to be like this?” Onew asked himself and heaved another sigh. “Oh wait, I know what he would say.” Onew cleared his throat and deepened his voice in an attempt to imitate him.

“Onew, do not ask that question! You have chosen your own fate! You have made your own life. This is what you have done,” Onew said and snorted. He was laughing at himself.

“Okay this is just me talking to myself,” he said and shook his head. “AH, ONEW! Stop talking to yourself!” he said furiously. Then he looked up and closed his eyes.

 

“But why?”

 

-Flashback-

 

“Please!” Onew closed his eyes and prayed. “Please bring Taeyeon back to life. She’s my best friend. Please! I can’t live without her...Please,” he begged, unsure if he was even talking to anybody.

Suddenly, there was a flash blinding light and a voice spoke to Onew. It was the voice of Leeteuk.

 

“There is no way, Jinki. What’s done has been done.”

“I’ll do anything!” He begged the leader of the Thirteen Gods. “I’ll do anything! Just bring her back.”

But he just shook his head.

“Anything,” Onew said.

“Nothing can be done.”

“Just let me see her. Let me talk to her before she leaves me…permanently,” he said with his hands clasped together and his head hung low.

“There is no way to do that. Unless…”
“Unless what?”

“Unless you die like her,” Heechul replied coldly.

“B –but,”

“There is no other way… Ok maybe there is.”

“What? How can that be? You’re not sure. Are you really the leader of-“
“DO YOU WANT OPTIONS OR NOT?”

“I mean, Yes sir,” Onew laughed awkwardly. “What is that way?”
 

“Well, since I’ve never seen someone so desperate,” He said and Onew frowned.  “I will tell you about this secret rule.”

He continued, “ Taeyeon is currently a wandering soul. She has already spoken to me, and I have given her a mission. If she completes this mission, she will be promoted to Angel rank and she can enter heaven.  But note that once Taeyeon chooses to enter heaven, she cannot go back to the mortal world any more unless I permit her to.” Onew looked at him with hopeful eyes and he sighed. “But of course I can’t do that unless there’s something really important she is required to do.”

“And the point is?” Onew asked.

“Shut up, I’m not done yet.” He said and cleared his throat. Now, I will give you the ability to touch, see, and feel souls. It’s like having 4 more senses. You will be able to feel, see, hear and even smell them. Forget the sense of taste, you can’t eat souls,” Heechul said. “Again, I will give you these special abilities on one condition.”

Onew swallowed his saliva and breathed in.

“What is this condition?” He said.

“Well,” Heechul smirked and bent over closer to whisper something in his ear. Onew’s eyes widened at what he heard.

“I’m supposed to be what? A DRAG QUEEN?” Onew asked, almost shouting.

“I’m afraid so…” Heechul replied seriously. Onew’s small eyes doubled their size and his mouth was wide open. Then, Heechul burst out laughing.

“What?” Onew asked, confused.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Y- You don’t really have to-“ Heechul kept laughing. “You don’t really have to be a drag queen. I was joking.” He said and giggled.

 

­-Pause Flashback-

 

“Aish that guy. I remember him telling me I had to become a drag queen to be able to talk to Taeng,” Onew said to himself. “I remember the look on his face when he told me!” He pouted.

“But it turned out to be something harder than that…

 

­-Start Flashback-

 

“Here’s the real deal,” He said and came closer to Onew and whispered something in his ear. Onew didn’t seem that surprised at first, but let out a loud, “WHAT?” after a few seconds.

“Yes,” Heechul said. “That, seriously, is what you’re supposed to do. You will be able to talk to Taeyeon and stuff if you do that along the way until she completes her mission. You must also help Taeyeon complete her mission.” He finished.

Onew smiled, but looked down after a while. “A- and what if I fail to complete my mission?” He asked.

“Oh, don’t worry. That’s sort of a shared mission. Well, except the person you’re sharing it with doesn’t actually know that she has a mission. Oh, and remember, you can give her hints but you are not allowed to tell her about this mission that she has,” Heechul warned.

“And If I do?” Onew asked. Heechul paused for a moment to think.

Then, he replied, “Well, I don’t really remember. I’ll ask Kyuhyun since he’s in charge of punishments. But I’m pretty sure it’s bad.”

“What will happen if I don’t complete my own mission?”

“Oh you mean if the mortal girl doesn’t find you?” He asked. “You will remain lost and erased from existence.” He said.

“Ohh…”

 

-Pause Flashback-

 

Onew sat up and ran his hand through his hair then walked over to the water’s edge. He looked down at the moon and the stars reflected in the water, then up at the sky.

 

“Did I really want this?”

 

-Start Flashback-

 

“Are you sure you want this, Lee Jinki?” Heechul asked him one last time.

“Yes,” he said, completely sure.

“Very well, then.” Heechul said and used his finger to mark Onew’s left shoulder with a four-point star. “You have made a pact with Heaven. There is no turning back. When you wake up, you will be in the state I told you. “

“I’m going to die...” Onew sighed, earning him a fist to the head from Heechul.

“Ah!” He winced and rubbed the back part of his head. “What was that for?”

“How many times do I have to tell you, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE!” Heechul screamed.

“This is actually the first time- Oww!” he said as Heechul hit him a second time.

“You are not going to die okay?!” Heechul said. “Unless, well, you fail...Well, no...I don’t know!!!! AH!”

“Okay, okay. I’m not going to die.”

“Good boy. But are you sure you really want this?”

“I thought you said there was no turning ba-“

“ANSWER THE QUESTION~”

“I mean, yes,” Onew laughed awkwardly.

“Good boy,” he smiled slyly. “Good luck. There is the door, if you’re ready to leave. Don’t forget your time limit, Lee Jinki.”

“Thank you,” Onew turned around to leave.

“Oh, and one more thing,” Heechul said and Onew turned to look back at him.

 

“You’re not allowed to fall in love with Jessica, the mortal girl.”

 

­-End Flashback-

 

“Why do you make it so hard for me, Sica?”

 

‘I Love You.’

 

 


I love intriguing you guys. Hahaha. =)))

Well sorry for not updating much. I'm writing two stories lol. And my days as a Sophomore are numbered, so it's getting pretty busy. omg.

I can't believe I'm already in third year highschool this June. :L

Well anyway, sorry for the mysterious stuff. lol. I decided to change a part of the story. :)) HEHE.

Oh, and~ click for onsica oneshot. I'll post that tomorrow. It's 3/4ths done and Joe Brooks is just hot. Hehe. :D ♥

See you guys next time. I promise, longer chapter next update. I just wrote this cuz I really wanted to update it. XD

Comments are super loved! ♥

--author.

EDIT: November 23, 2013.