basic tutorials

grace of beauty {resources site}

 

So I’ve noticed I haven’t start with the basic tutorial about cutting and blending. So let’s start! Sorry for the bad language LOL

Cutting;

USING MAGIC WAND

Open up any pictures that you would like to use for cutting, I used the one with solid backgrounds. I used the magic wand tool and click the background. Try to follow how I did.

Once you’ve done clicking the background, use the magic eraser tool (click E & choose) and click it on the background or the other way is to press DELETE (could be found in your keyboard). After the background turns white-gray checkered box, you’re done!

Reminder; avoid using magic wand for those pictures that got almost the same color with the background! See the picture below; since the color of the shirt is white, and the background is white as well, the magic wand includes the shirt as the background and it’ll turn out like this. (The shirt is missing)

USING POLYGONAL LASSO

Open up any pictures you like not with the one with solid backgrounds. Use the polygonal lasso tool (click L & choose) and click the part where you want to stay and let the other disappear, from the starting point, and back to the starting point again, after done, click SELECT INVERSE (right-click). After clicking, use magic eraser tool (click E & choose) click the background once and press DELETE for faster cleaning of background.

I’ll skip out MAGNETIC LASSO because it’s really hard to use (for me). Actually, if you could control the path well, it could be easy for you too.

QUESTION: WHICH TOOL YOU LIKE MOST? MAGIC WAND OR POLYGONAL LASSO?

Blending:

USING ERASER

Drag any picture to a new canvas. Click eraser tool (click E & choose) and start erasing the part you dislike, (note: you’re using the 100% opacity right now) make sure you click ‘add layer mask’ and is at that layer mask layer before erasing. The brush is up to you. If you’re wrong on the erasing, just right click the layer mask and click delete layer mask. The more you’re getting nearer to the parts you want, lower the opacity of a better blending.

USING LASSO TOOL

Drag any picture to a new canvas. Click lasso tool (click L & choose) and type out 25 px for the feather. Add layer mask as well for this. Make a circle around the part you want, and SELECT INVERSE. I did twice on this after all done, click deselect.

*Difference between both tools is not very big.

QUESTION: WHICH TOOL YOU LIKE MOST? ERASER OR LASSO?

Any questions, feedbacks or request are highly appreciated.

freebies!