The Heartbreaking Truth

A Moment Captured

Jaejoong hurriedly followed Yoochun and turned at Yunho "Let's talk about it later .no need to worry! I'm 99.99% sure that I'm okay! Let’s go!!!"

….the two of them leaves Yunho with disappointment. :|


 

Yoochun: Arrived just in time! There wasn't really any traffic at all!  It took us only a few minutes to arrive here! Yunho-hyung why with a grumpy face again? Something happened to you? Mianhaeyo! I lied to you about the traffic jam, besides we all need to have ample time to sleep .are you not feeling tired at all? 
Yunh nods confusingly. He then mumblingly say, "we were just talking about something ....mmmp.."

"What is it Hyung?  I didn't understand a word you say ."

"Oh nothing, I said I can't wait to get some sleep."

"Ooh...."


All were immediately attracted by the ambiance of the room as well as the comfy and soft bed and lay down on it.for them to sleep. But as for Jaejoong, he packed up his things and changed his clothes and puts on his shades and black leather jacket on and finally grabs his gray bonnet to complete his disguise as he quietly opens the door and left. 


 

Jaejoong's POV

"TOKYO BEAN CLINIC" That's what the placard says and without any minute to lose I took a deep breath as I step on the stair heading towards the second floor where the clinic is situated and finally arrived in front of the door and all I"m suppose to do right now is............knock and hope for the best ....fighting!

Hooh! hooh!~ I can do I..t yawtch sh*t ! Bit my tongue again.  Here goes, hmm what could go wrong!

Yunho's POV

He secretly sneak out of the room without even telling me exactly where he's going and  I don't even know the reason of meeting that friend. (Yunho thought deeply about the situation while he was lying on the bed.)

"sigh.  .  . I'm actually concern with Jae. Seldom times I see him always checking on his iPhone and usually wakes up at around 9  in the evening and frequently massaging his forehead .i know he's not ok . Is he taking the meds given by  the doctor. . Ugh!" Slowly I closed my eyes and later on fell asleep.

Author's POV

After several hours ............. 

He was the first one that has awaken from an afternoon nap and  Yunho quickly  rise up on bed and was about to grab his phone when he saw a note under it that says:

Yunho,
         I didn't disturb you anymore because I know you're already tired. We weren't able to talk about my hospitalization. I can't attempt to lie to you anymore. I left because I have a follow check up with my doctor. I lied to manager hyung because i don't want to add up stress to him and to you guys. I know I'm fine. I'll be back at (curfew) 6? 
                                        - Jaejoong 

"Hyung what's that you're reading ? Has jaejoong  left already?" Changmin asked.

"Yup ! He said he'll be back at 6. What's the time in your watch?" 

"It's already past 7." 

Yunho looks at his cellphone ...

Yunho's POV

Jae. . . Jaejoong, where the hell are you? 

"Oh whats the curfew time again? He might be late and what if manager hyung finds out, he'll be seriously dead!" Changmin worriedly said.  

With a worried face, I tried to call jaejoong . .  . 
 
Jaejoong's POV
"Ikuta Toma" psychiatrist - thats the first thing I saw  in the man wearing a white suit that opened the door for me in Tokyo beans clinic. 

"Kim jaejoong! Come in." 

Surprisingly  he already knows my name but I can't even remember that I introduced myself to him. Is my disguise pretty much  obvious to this guy ? Tsss.confused. I removed my shades and puts it in my gray bag.  I then hold my nape with my right hand as I shyly enter the clinic which I find odd because I'm the only patient there. It's my first time to see a clinic with only one patient at a time .

I sat in front of him and as expected,  he interviewed me and answered a lot of them and some are in doubt but I guess its fine .

"So doc , how was it? What are the medicines that I must buy?" I calmly seated at the chair right beside Dr. Toma curiously waits for his response .  . . . 

He looked at me and then clears his throat and uttered unfamiliar words . . . .

"You're memories will soon blur out and all be gone as time pass by .At a very young age, this disease may be one of the most rare cases as for adults like you . And I have to unfortunately tell you its consequences ... "

"Huh? Doc, you didn't hear me right , I said, what are the meds  you'll prescribe to me? So that I'll be able  to buy them all and  be right back to the hotel in time. And I know that I'm ok. There's nothing wrong with me. I am definitely healthy-"  

"Healthy. I may not say so, for now you are ok but I see that you're  manifesting mild symptoms that is present in a person with..." 

"A person withwhat ? With what doctor?"

"Alzheimer's.. Alzheimer's disease.  Is there anyone in the family of yours who has dementia or have you bump your head into something perhaps?"

"Doctor, what you're saying to me is completely out of the picture . . In just a few minutes you already diagnosed me for having such a disease! How eccentric! I don't even experience fever or any symptoms you're saying ! I'm absolutely 100% sure that I'm healthy-"

"I'm definitely right about what I'm saying to you .  . .as I've said, you have Alzheimer's disease, a disease that slowly eats your brain wherein you can no longer remember anything, your hobbies likes and dislikes,the people you've been with, even simple directions and worse. . .  

. . . you will forget what a normal person does." 

"You're CRAZY!! (his voice rises up as he strike his hands on the wooden table)  You're the one who's having problems !!!.  . . 
I remember them all clearly including my friends and family and what I do for living and especially what a normal person does!"

"Maybe now you still remember them but as you go on, everything will be tougher to recall that even simply urinating in the comfort room, you'll possibly forget!" 

Jaejoong's heart is beating fast while he was standing and looking at the serious face of Dr. Ikuta and he then touches his forehead as if his having a headache. He's face is so red because of extreme pressure that the doctor has put into and bows his head  while hopelessly sits on the chair . . 

"I'm so sorry." doctor said. 

Jaejoong looked straight at him with his eyes all wet and red . His eyes communicates and insists doctor that he's wrong and all this was only a theory of his. The doctor can't stand to look straightly onto Jaejoong's eyes as he tries to convince him that he's okay. 

Dr. Ikuta stood up and went to get something from the drawer near the bookshelves. It was a bunch of mix tapes and soon displays a old fashioned cassette player of his.

Jaejoong was stunned after hearing a familiar voice and the doctor played. Almost three mix tapes but all of them contains the same questions and answers of an absolutely same person . But as I look at the description written on the tapes , they were not taken in the same dates.

"Doc, why do you want me to listen to this voice records ? It doesn't make sense at all. You can't even tell what's the original."

"All of them are original . Do you know who's voice it is?"

Jaejoong's eyes widens as he listen to the record . His eyes gets wet that he has to wipe his tears out  with his bare hands as the doctor says:

"As you can see, if you're that healthy and your memory is good . From the very moment that you entered here, you would have remembered that this isn't your first time in this clinic . You've already been here having consultations every Saturday while we conduct tests and your apparently wearing the same outfit every time you come here. And this mix tapes are the records of our interviews  and believe me, some of the questions, you left then unanswered. These are the mild symptoms I'm talking about .. . . . "


Jaejoong's POV 
I soon tremble with fear because of what the doctor revealed about. I was already seeing him for the past three weeks which I can't barely remember and all along I thought I was new here. I extended my head  and look up on the ceiling and condition myself from stopping my tears from falling. I cant believe him! I cant just believe what  hes saying. 

My legs are shaking while I'm sitting on the chair and my hands are as cold as ice. I have never been nervous in my whole entire life which I hardly feel when I'm at the stage in front of the crowd. 
 

Author's POV

"This is what I'm always afraid of telling people and knowing his condition ,I don't know what will happen next. (Dr. looks at Jaejoong with pity)

Awkward silence invades the room but as you listen carefully you'll hear him sniffing and crying deep inside. His aura is spreading through the entire room which made it so gloomy and cold filled with hopelessness and regret. 

 Jaejoong's breaks the silence and his puffy red eyes, all wet with tears.. 

"These things, you are showing me now. . . .  I can't remember it.  Hmm.. mianhae! For  being like this. .i can't just accept this." (I am lying to myself again . . . . I admit that I'm forgetful but I never imagined it would cause this much.)

"All I can possibly say to you is to be strong."

Jaejoong's eyes is full of bewilderment and confusion. He anxiously looks into the room and the medicine rack placed at the left of the bookshelves caught his attention.

"Dr, my condition is not that worse right?" (he still manages to show a smile with his eyes and his cheeks numb with overflowing tears) "I can still recover! I'll take the meds and comply with any treatment. Eh? "

Jaejoong's POV

Its too early to give up. I will definitely recover with the help of treatments. I will still manage to remember and retain my memories . There is still hope . . . . 

 A painful phrase he uttered to me that  left my heart crushed and for a moment it seemed to stop beating .  

"Mianhae, Jaejoong. It has NO CURE"
. .
. . .

"It would take a miracle for a person to recover . Medications can only  slow down its action and prevent symptoms from  frequently recurring. Mian- Mianhae" 

My body is so stiff that I cant hardly move. I opened my mouth and tried to respond but there were no words coming out and honestly don't know how to respond at all .
 . . 

I can't stand the pressure as i tried harder to get up and go out . Finally I rise up while watching doctor writing down some medications and a contact number.

"Here take this and strictly follow the instructions. Here's a contact number of my co-psychiatrist friend who can help and guide you as the disease progress as well as if you have any questions you can consult to him in Korea."


 

="(((( Totally heartbreaking! ~~~ Guys, I'm so sorry for not updating the past week! So busy with school works. As much as I wanted to make this chapter long, I still have to do some important things. Ugh! Mianhe~~! Comments are loved and, silent readers, pls subscribe. Thank you! I will update soon.. I promise! =))