Do You Have Confidence?

Letting Go~COMPLETE

 

 

“In Na?” A voice called out to her, interrupting her thoughts. In Na glanced at the open doorway of the bridal waiting room, startled and saw her mother looking at her with a concerned expression.

“Omma” In Na said with a smile, as her mom walked into the room, and placed her hands on her daughter’s shoulders, her expression growing serious.

“In Na. I know this isn’t what you really want. At first I thought you could really grow to love Byung Hoon but I now see that until now you’re only going through with this for your appa’s and my sake.” Her mother said, her eyes tearing up at her daughter’s unhappiness.

“Omma.” In Na said, starting to protest, but her mom held up a hand and continued her speech. She took her daughter’s hand and held it warmly.

“Now listen. Your appa can be a bit stubborn sometimes. And as his wife I’ve gone along with it many times. But he will understand if you break this off now. We’ll be okay. As your mom I can see who’s really in your heart.” Her mom replied to her, squeezing her hand in reassurance.

In Na’s eyes started to water at her mom’s words. “But omma. I-I..you and appa..” She started up again, unable to finish her sentence.

Her mom shook her head. “We’ll be fine. I would rather stay the way we are now, and have you be happy, than be wealthy and have my daughter be miserable with the rest of her life.” She told her firmly.

In Na’s engagement was an arranged one. Her fiancé, Lee Byung Hoon was a wealthy son of a chaebol owner. It was a quick engagement, just a week after Hyun Woo’s confession.

And everything else was just a blur from there. Byung Hoon was fond of her, and he was a kind man, but In Na knew it just wasn’t right.

In Na then suddenly embraced her mother, thanking her for her understanding, then got up knowing what she had to do.

She glanced at her mother warmly. “Omma..” She trailed off. Her mother smiled.

“Go” She told her daughter, and In Na hiked up her wedding dress and rushed out of the room,

Pushing through the heavy oak doors of the chapel, out onto the street.

She hurried down the street, but grew tired because of her heavy train. She tossed off the veil, and continued her run but then stopped again at a park three blocks from the chapel.

 

 

Catching her breath, she stopped to sit down at a fountain, as pigeons flew off, having been startled by her.

Her heart was pounding so fast from the run that she didn’t hear footsteps approach. But the she saw a reflection in the water and before she could turn around she heard a familiar voice.

 

“So, you didn’t go through with it after all?” They asked.

 

________________________________________

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.