Two Words

Letting Go~COMPLETE

 

"You are precious to me. so, to someone else you'll become a precious person. Please be happy for my sake." - 49 days

 

With trembling hands the young woman feebly clasped her hands around the bouquet of white hydrangeas, calla lilies and babies breath, staring into the large mirror as one of her bridesmaids helped arrange her veil.

Tight lipped and her stomach feeling tied up in knots, she closed her eyes, trying to take slow breaths.  “In Na. In Na. It’s time.” The bridesmaid fixing her veil told her, anxiously looking at the worried bride.

In Na’s eyes fluttered open as she broke out of her trance.  Running a hand over the top of her head as she felt the veil, she gave a small smile to her bridesmaid, an old friend.

At that moment there came a steady knock on the door of the bridal dressing room. “Ladies? It’s time.” One of the groomsmen announced to the bridal party.

 

The other two bridesmaids did a quick check up on the bride, making sure her dress, the train of it, and her veil was properly aligned as well as her makeup being ready.

 

In Na slowly turned around and began to walk out of the room, two bridesmaids carrying the train of her dress, while the third walked in front of her to lead the way.

Halfway through the doorframe, In Na abruptly halted to a stop, causing her bridesmaid to bump into her. Startled, they glanced at her. She looked at them, surprised as well, and apologized, giving them a small smile.

“Um I think I’ll need a minute by myself first. Please go ahead for a moment and tell the others I just need a moment.” She told her bridesmaids.

Hesitantly the three women nodded, and went out to tell the rest of the bridal party.

In Na stepped back into the dressing room and slumped down to sit on the vacant chair, the skirt of her dress billowing out below her.

 

Glancing down at her hands, she started fiddling with her engagement ring, twirling the silver band around her finger, while she thought.

 

Closing her eyes she thought back to a particular moment, merely a month ago.

~

 

     Cameras flashed as In Na, Hyun Woo and the rest of the “Queen In Hyun’s Man” cast sat together at a long table, as reporters and photographers surrounded them with microphones, notepads, and cameras.

 

     One reporter spoke up to the cast. “Your ratings have done considerably well. Were any of you expecting that?”

 

One of In Na’s cast mates answered the question in a proper and humble manner, while she took a sip from the glass of water in front of her, as Hyun Woo gave her a light nudge pretending to spill her water.

 

She glanced back at him, feigning annoyance and lightly stepped on his shoe. He shrugged and turned back as if nothing happened, and listened to their castmates response.

  

   A while later a mic was given to all the cast members so they could freely give their opinions on the drama. After In Na gave a thank you speech to her fellow cast members and the production crew, producers, and fans, Hyun Woo cleared his throat.

 

Everyone glanced at him, as In Na looked curious. He looked a bit nervous but then exhaled. Looking directly in In Na’s direction, the words he said next were shocking.

 

“Fans of our dramas, PD nim, fellow castmates, and to all who are here, I’d like to let you all know that I sincerely, love Yoo In Na.” He said in a voice that started out shaky but grew steady towards the end.

 

Loud chattering and ruckus fell across the crowd of reports and photographers who snapped pictures and started shouting out questions.

 

“Are you two secretly dating?”

 

“Is this just part of publicity?”

 

“Yoo In Na what do you say to this confession?”

 

   Hyun Woo’s eyes never wavered from In Na the whole time and she just looked at him wide eyed for a moment and then collected herself, and picked up her mic, which she had dropped onto the table in surprise.

 

“I-I really was not expecting this. Hyun Woo and I, I think we need to talk later on.” She said trying to keep her voice from stuttering.

 

The bodyguards quickly led the cast members away from the finale interview as more reporters tried bombarding them with questions.

 

~

With a long sigh, In Na, stopped fiddling with her ring. Her fiancé was a good man. He was a wealthy man. But.. she just wished that somehow, in a crazy alternate universe Hyun Woo would somehow..

 

“In Na?” A voice called into the doorway, breaking her reverie once more.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.

 

quote credit for opening line goes to 49 days drama

and article of Ji Hyun Woo and Yoo In Na on allkpop, some credits go to that for bits of this plot.