Time Machine

A Bit Closer {HIATUS}

 

 

You just wandered along the pathway after the encounter with the stranger. You still confuse and your head full with question. You were deep in thought that you almost got a heart attack when suddenly someone crashed from behind you.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” apparently a lanky tall man with big eyes was the one that bump into you. He keeps bowed at you and apologizes to you.

“It’s okay.” You do not want him to keep bowing at you as you noticed that the little incident grabbed people attention.

The man looked at his watch and gasped while muttering something that you catch as ‘Sh*t, I am late’. With a last ‘I’m sorry’ and bowed, he dashed leaving you dumbfounded. In a blink of eyes, the sight of the lanky tall man out of you sight. *He sure ran fast* you thought. *Well, he had long legs, no wonder* you shook your head and glanced around you.

You keep walking ahead you and stop abruptly when your belly rings a sign that you need to feed your stomach. You look around in hope to catch any sight of restaurant or café. You sigh loudly without you realized it. Your action grabs an attention from an old woman. Curious why you sighed as if you have a problem, the old woman kindly greet you.

“What problem you have dear?” you startled at the voice and looked at the old woman. *at this rate, I might get a heart attack if people keep creeping behind me* you thought.

“Nothing ahjumma, just wonder where I can find any places to eat?” with a smile, you politely asked the old woman. Although you never smile, you manage to give the old woman a smile as a respect.

“Oh, you must be new around here. You are such a sweet girl. You can spot a café if you keep walking ahead.” The old woman kindly told you. You nodded and muttered a ‘thank’ at her compliment and help.

With a bow, you slowly walk to the route as instruct by the old woman. You keep walking and mentally dance in victory when you finally spotted a café. You slightly narrowed your eyes to catch a better sight of the café. When you catch the name of the café, you looked amazed as the name somewhat familiar with you but you just shrugged it off as your belly rings again.

You stride to the café with a fast pace and immediately opened the door of the café. A sight of a symbol and warmth welcomed you when you step your foot inside the café.

You look for empty space and take a seat when you spot it. After a minute, a waiter went to you to take your order. The waiter widens his eyes making his already big eyes become bigger when you look up at him.

“You…” he stops when he realized him being rude at the customer. You look at the face carefully and a flash light up. You realized that the waiter is the one that bumped into you earlier.

“I’m sorry for the earlier incident.” You just nodded as a sign that you do not mind it. “Okay, thank you.” He bowed at you and you feel uncomfortable as he excessively formal at you. “What would you like to order miss?” {This is awkward…is it the way waiter asks for order? Err…I’m not sure because I never gone to café or restaurant so I randomly make it}

You took the menu at the table and scanned through it to order your food. You decided to order Spicy Beef for appetizer, chicken for main, Death by Chocolate Cake for the dessert and lemonade.

“Great choices, our chef just inserted that menu. You will never regret it.” The waiter flash huge grin to you and you slightly shiver at the smile. *With that big eyes and big grin, he looks creepy* you thought silently. Before the waiter retreated to give your order, you managed to take a glimpse of his tag name. The tag name graves the word Chanyeol. *Chanyeol? The name so familiar to me*

You tapped your finger on the table patiently while roamed your eyes around the café. You look at the symbol that first greets you when you step inside the café. The symbol looks cool in your opinion, you let your eyes roamed again at the surrounding. You noticed that you are the only customers along with a couple in the café.

You looked at the clock that hanging on the wall and both long and short needlepoint at number 10. Well, it is still early morning, so does not expect that the café would full by then.

After a short waiting, another waiter is the one that hand out your order. He carefully and diligently sets your order on the table. “We will give out your appetizer first along with the main, the dessert will come out after you finished the appetizer and main. Please enjoy the foods.”

The waiter smile sweetly and you cannot help but captivating by his smile and the bambi eyes just will not let you avert your gaze from his eyes. Noticed that you stare him too long, he cleared his throat and flashed a smile.

You avert you gaze not without catching his name like you did to know Chanyeol's name. *Luhan*. Luhan bowed and smiled before dismissed himself to the counter.

You look at him from the corner of your eyes. *Why everything here looks familiar to me? The names and the décor of this café, it is just familiar*

You looked at the dishes and you mentally drooling at the sight.

Your stomach once again grumbling and immediately take a bite of the chicken skewers. Once the bite touches your tongue, you cannot help remembering the taste. *This taste like appa’s* you let out a smile in blink of eyes. You continued savoring the dish.

After finished, the Chanyeol waiter comes this time to serve you desert. He flashed you his remark big grin and put the dessert on the table in front of you. You just look at him with poker face.

The cake looks so appetizing to you and you cannot wait to savor the cake in your mouth. You looked at Chanyeol waiting for him to walk away from the scene. You do not need him to be your observer.

Realized that you want him to go, he immediately went away and you start savoring the cake.

You already finished eating and you remember that you still need to eat your medicine. You looked at the table and realized that there was no water at all. “Excuse me,” you raised your hand and called for a waiter that coincidently nearby you.  “Can I have plain water?” “Sure.”

He came and hand out your water. You immediately eat your medicine. You were still thinking about the unbelievable event. You still doubt you were back to past.

 

~~~

 

The day went fast; you were standing at a big building just in front of the café. You were still thinking where you would stay for the night.

You were in deep thought that you do not realize that your feet moving on your own to cross the road.

A loud honk startled you and in a second, you were lying on the pavement with someone on you. You hissed in pain when you feel pains at your elbow.

“ARE YOU CRAZY? ARE YOU TRYING TO COMMIT SUICIDE?” you were startled with the sudden question. Still at lying position, you tilt your head to look at the person. The moment you looked at the eyes, the world around you stops moving and the only person that exist in your eyes just the person and you.

A drop of tear falling from your eyes and the person looked at you with a shocked expression. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to shout at you. Are you in pain?” the voice so familiar to you. You want to reply the questions but you were too speechless to talk.

However, one word you remembered that you let out before you passed out and you not sure if you going to remember it after you awake.

. “Appa!”

 

~~~

 

Your POV

“Hyung, what have you done to her?” a voice sound blurry to me.

“I’ve done nothing! In fact, I’m saved her and she just fainted!” that voice, I heard that voice again. I want to open my eyes but my eyelids seem heavy.

“She’s not dead right?” the previous voice heard again. I somehow recognized that voice. A deep piercing voice.

“YAH!! Babo, do not speak nonsense. She is still breathing.” The voice follows with a loud smacking sound. “Come on, let her rest. I got to go, my class gonna start in 30 minutes.” The voice said in hurry and it also laced in worried.

“Yeah, I also have to go back to work.” I heard a rustle and a slam of door before it was a complete silence. Once again, I fall in darkness.

 

I woke up and found out that I was alone. I look around and a picture caught my eyes. I was about to take the frame on the bedside when suddenly a voice startled me.

“How are you feeling?” I look at the voice and found that the waiter from the previous café. He was all smiley and his bambi eyes open wide looking straight at me. That was so creepy.

 I was about to ask where I am but halted my word as I know where I am. Obviously, I was at my savior’s place. Talking about my savior, I think I need to know something important from him. Looking at the bambi guy, which I remembered his name is Luhan.

“Where is he?” the question escaped from my mouth. The bambi guy look at me with confuse look on his face. He slightly opened his mouth as if he remembers something.

“Ah, the one who had been saving you?” I nodded at his word. “He will be back later. I am Luhan, his best friend. He still have class to attend and date…” he trailed at the end of the word. For a moment, his eyes showed a sign of sadness. I wondered why that is. “…well, for now I need to know your name and where are you from? Judging from your bag pack you are not Seoul people. Are you from country?” he back to his cheerful and oh-so-smiley mode.

For a moment there was awkward silent, none of us utter any word as he look at me expectantly and I look at him back blankly.

“I’m hungry.” I broke the silence trying to make it less awkward. I cannot possibly tell him that I am from future right. He will freak out for sure.

“Ah, right. Come on, I make some food to you. Since you fainted, I make porridge to you. It was not too grand but I hope you like it.” He grabbed my arm and bring to me to the dine room. I assume it is the dine room judging from the interior and the dine table in the middle of the room.

He makes me sit on the chair as he prepared the food on the table. Although it was just a simple porridge, it sure looks appetizing to me.

I look at bambi guy; I prefer to call him bambi, as it was cute description. He looks at me expectantly. I started eating and it was really delicious.

“It’s delicious.” I utter softly. Bambi guy clapped cheerfully.

“Good that you like it. Finish it.” I nodded and continued eating.

 

We currently on the couch and the bambi guy flipping the channel on the television blankly. Although we sat in silent, this time it was not awkward anymore. A slam of the door startled me. I look at direction of the loud sound and the lanky tall man appeared in front of me. The guy smiling from ears and it stretch really wide.

“Annyeong, you are awake!” he greeted me and gave me a wave. I nod to him.

“Since you are here, I will go now. I got some work to do.” The bambi guy stands up from his sit. “Hope to see you again.” He waved at me and flashed his smile to me. He then leaves leaving me alone with the giant smiley face.

“What is our name? Do you have place to stay? Where are you from? I am Chanyeol. How old are you?” as soon as he sat next to me he bombarded me with the question. I just kept my silent.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I guess I am too excited. First, my name is Park Chanyeol. If you do not mind, can you tell me your name? Well, all about yourself?” somehow, this guy looks trustworthy. Should I tell him the truth? Would he believe me? Or will he claimed me as a crazy girl?

The feeling between him and Bambi guy were different to me. I felt the urged to tell him everything despite he is a stranger to me or so I thought.

 

 

 


 

a/n: I just editing this story, I will update soon... I am sorry for not updating since last year, I am a bad author... and I want to thank to the loyal subscriber, thanks for not unsubscribe this story....