Memories

A Bit Closer {HIATUS}

 

 

Another day without appa, you thought as you stretched out on the bed. A knock following, right after your foot touched the floor. You just looked at your maid without expression when she hands out your breakfast along with the medicine. You mentally grunted in annoyance as you hate eating medicine but your umma keep insisting that you need to eat the `thing’ and you as an obedient daughter just did what she told.

After eating the food and your medicine, you head into the bathroom and take a long and nice shower. As usual, after dress up you went to your favorite place. It was your and your appa favorite place to be truth. The place is the garden that consist variety of flower and in the middle of the garden, a grand piano stand proudly. You sit in front of the piano and a flash back begin to flow in your mind.

 

Flashback

“Appa, what song wills you play now?” 5 years old of you asked your appa cutely. Your appa smile sweetly to you and patted your head. You always love it when he patted your head like a cute puppy. “I will sing ‘Angel/into your world’ to you.” You jump on his lap and excitedly clap.

You watch your appa tune the piano, soon the soothing song coming from your appa and the piano let out the soothing melody. You closed your eyes to let your appa soothing voice stuck in your head.

“As if I was reborn as a child who doesn’t know anything,
I thought it was a dream so I closed my eyes and opened them again.
I am standing in front of you as if I was praying.
I want to walk side by side with you at least once.
Just once”
you slowly rock your body in a slow pace

“* I ride the soft wind into your world
I go right next to you and you ask where I came from
You asked so innocently so I answered that it is a secret
Because if we just walk together like this
Wherever we go, it’ll be heaven” 
you open your eyes when you feel some one patted your shoulder. You smile widely when you saw your umma joined you and appa. She took a sit beside your appa and you move from your appa’s lap to sit between your appa and umma. Unaffected by your moving body your appa still humming the song.

“You are more dazzling than Michael.
Who can ever oppose you? I will not forgive anyone who does.
Just like the first person to step on Eden.
Every day, I will only go toward you and trust you with my heart”
your umma patted your head and rock her body with you.

“Even if it’s a small thing,
I want to protect you for always
So you won’t ever have to suffer
I’m eternally love”
your mouth slightly open hearing the high note from your appa in awe. You softly clapped and you can hear your umma softly chuckled at your behavior.

“As your guardian angel, I will block out that strong wind
Even if everyone turns their back against you
On hard days, I will wipe away your tears
If only I can be that kind if person
Wherever we go, it’ll be heaven”

“I have come to love you now.
There is no place for me to go back.
My wings have been taken away (oh no)
Even if I lost eternal life, the reason why I am happy,
Is that my forever is now you.
Eternally love”
you clapped along with your umma when your appa finished singing the song. You gave a thumb ups to your appa and he ruffle your hair. You giggle happily and stand to his level to give a peck on his cheek.

“Appa is the best. Umma, give a reward to appa too.” You urged your umma by pulling her sleeves. Your umma chuckles slightly “Arasseo, what Hyunnie want umma give to appa?” your umma asked teasingly.

You tapped your chin pretending you were thinking. You snap your little finger and look at you appa. “Appa, what do you want from umma?” your eyes were wide from anticipated.

Your appa flashed his usual sweet smile to you and he look at your umma lovingly. “Having you guys beside me already a reward to me.” your umma’s cheek tinted with red color. Your appa chuckled, pecking your umma on the lips in front of you. You squeal in happiness. The moments so precious to you, as you hope time stops and the moment last forever. However, fate is cruel, the happiness not last longer.

End of Flashback

 

You do not realize that your eyes already flooded with tears and slowly the drop of tears fall on the piano. Without you knowing, someone watching you with guilty and pain as the person let out the tears. `I'm sorry dear' the person thought.

 

~~~

 

Your maid comes to you with your lunch and your hateful thing, medicine. You once again mentally make a face but you just show emotionless face to your maid. “Agassi, please eat your lunch and medicine as instructed by Madam.” The maid said with a bow and she put the foods on the table in the gazebo near the piano.

You just nodded blankly at the maid. When the maid out from your sight, you look at the place where the gazebo stands longingly. The place also held a special memory between you, your appa and umma.

You slowly walk to the table and stop right in front the table. You gasped slightly when you saw the dish on the tray; it was your favorite fruits salad. Your umma used to make it for you when you were child. Your heart softens slightly when thinking that maybe the salads were making by your umma. You take a seat and slowly eat your lunch mindlessly as you once again in your own world where the flash back flow in your mind.

 

Flashback

You were playing alone around the garden jumpily and enthusiastically. You ran around the garden without a care, as the garden was your world. Your eyes glisten with spark when you saw your favorite blue flower namely Blue Cupid's Dart blossom lovely.

You trace the line along the flower heart fully as the flower reminds you to your appa and umma. The flower is beautiful just like your appa and umma. You heard footsteps slowly approaching you and you looked at the source.

You flashed a smile when you saw your appa and umma were heading toward you side by side. Your umma was holding a tray and you try to take a peek what is on the tray by jump. You pouted when you jump not high enough to peek at the tray and your appa and umma chuckled at your cuteness. You smile when you heard their laughter. For you, their laughter is enough to remove all your sadness.

You squeal when your appa lift you and held you between his arm. You slung your arms around his neck and gave a peck to him. “How about me dear?” you look at you umma and saw she was crossing her arms while pouting cutely.

You urged your appa to go closer to your umma and he happily come closer to your umma. You leaned to your umma, pecking her cheek with a big smooch.

She responded your peck with a hug. “Let’s eat dear; I make something special for you.”

Your umma already put the tray on the table and when you look at the dish, your face show confusion as that was the first time you ever saw that type of dish.

“What’s that? Why my strawberry inside the plate?” you asked your umma while pouting. Your umma smile and ruffle your hair. “That is fruits salad; umma mixed our favorite fruits so that we can share with each other.”

You nod and your appa bring you with him to sit and enjoy the dish. Your umma sit beside your appa while you sit on your appa lap. Your umma started feeding you with the fruits and you beam excitedly as the dish was delicious. You looked at your umma and gave her a thumb up. You guys continued eating and occasionally feeding each other.

 

End of Flashback

 

You already finished eating as the memories flash in your mind. Your lips slightly crave a smile but the smile does not reach your eyes and if people saw it, they would not know that you actually smile.

Your eyes wander around the garden and you saw your favorite flower but it was not the same with when you were child. It does not bloom and in your eyes it looks dead just like your old personality.

You remember when you used to water the flower with your appa. You does not want the flower dead as the flower also memory to you and you do not want the memory dead in your mind. Your eyes once again wander around the garden to see a sight of the water pot. You beamed when you saw it was just near the water tap.

You headed toward it to take the water pot and after you grabbed it, you immediately filled it with the water. You walked back toward the flower and pour suitable amount that is not too much and not too little on the flower. You squatted beside the flower and traced the line along the flower as you used to do when you were little while wishing so that the flower will bloom again as well as you.