Flashback

A Bit Closer {HIATUS}

 

 

You went to the piano, blindly tapping the key of the piano. You stop mid-way when the melody of Into Your World played in your mind. You try to remember the note of the song and slowly you put your hand at the first key. After you gained, a confident and you fully remember the note, your fingers gracefully dancing on the keyboard. After playing the full song, you closed the piano lid and put your head softly on the lid. You closed your eyes and gradually the darkness took over you.

 

You wake up all of the sudden and shivering slightly as you felt a cold breeze touching your skins. You looked up into the sky and realized that the night already took over the sky. Night times have always been your favorite time. You smile looking at sight of the stars sparkling beautifully in the sky. Yes, you smile only when it is nighttime.

Your eyes widen at the sight of the shooting star. You quickly clasp you hand and close your eyes tightly. You earnestly make a wish. *Dear the angel of the shooting star, please make my wish came true. I have always hoping this, please let me see my appa again and let me stay beside him even just for a second* you hold the urged to let the tears that already threaten to fall from your eyes but you can’t hold it anymore as one drop of your tear fall on the ground.

You opened your eyes and look longingly in the sky. You rise up from the seat, slowly walked inside the mansion. As usual, your maid once again called for you to take your dinner and medicine and claim it as a command from ‘Madam’. You obliged the command and hastily finished your dinner along with your medicine.

Right after you finished eating; you rush to your bedroom and slipped into the bathroom. You climbed onto your bed after taking a fresh bath and wore comfortable attire.

 

“Appa, I love you.” The little girl told her appa cutely.

“Appa, someone is bullying me at school.” The appa tried soothing his daughter with gentle pat on the little girl head.

“Appa, I got a flying color in my exam.” The little girl embraced her appa happily.

“Appa, promise to never leave me.” the appa sweetly smile and linked his pinky finger with the little girl.

“Appa, let’s buy that cotton candy.” The little girl tugged her appa sleeve and pointed with her little finger toward the stand across the road.

“Appa, hurry!” the little girl shouted across the road at her appa that waiting to cross the road with the cotton candy in his grasp.

BANG!!!

A loud thud with a guy fallen on the road with blood all over his head. The little girl run to the guy with the tears fallen from her eyes. “Appa! Appa! Appa!” the little girl shake her appa and keep muttering ‘appa’ repeatedly. “You can’t break our promise. Don’t leave me.”

“I’m sorry.” The last word that little girl heard from her appa along with the last gift from the appa. A wings pendant!

 

You wake up with sweats all over your body. You breathe heavily while clutching the pendant hanging around your neck. You heart beating rapidly and you breathe heavily. *Appa*. For nth time your tears rolled down your cheek.

You tense up and guilt always haunting you as the nightmare would not stop coming in your sleep. *Appa, I am sorry*. You thought guiltily as you always think that you are the cause of the tragedy.

 

Flashback

“Appa, let’s buy that cotton candy.” you tugged your appa sleeve and pointed with your little finger toward the stand across the road. Your appa looked at the direction and after realizing that you want the cotton candy, he squatted in to your level.

“We will buy it later after your teeth recovered.” He patted your head. With crossed arm, you pouted while stomping your leg. “I want it now! I don’t care.” You sniffle as you felt your tears rolled down on your cheek.

“Hyunnie, don’t pester you appa. We will get it for you later.” Your umma slightly raised her voice at your behaviors but the action only make you weeping more.

“Ok, appa will buy it now.” Your appa embraced you and rubbed you back in circle to calm you. You immediately stop your tears and your umma shook her head in disapproving manner.

“Really?” battling your eyelash, you make a cute face to your appa. You appa chuckled while nodding at your cute action. Your umma also chuckled.

“Now, be a good girl and listen to umma. Arasseo?” your appa firmly instructed you and you nodded at his word. Your umma hold your tiny hand in her hand as both of you watching your appa crossing the road and proceed to buy your cotton candy. You jumped happily and waved excitedly at your appa when he wants to cross the road toward you, which he replied with a wave too.

“Appa, hurry!” you shouted across the road at your appa that waiting to cross the road with the cotton candy in his grasp.

BANG!!!

A loud thud is following that and your eyes wide open when you saw your appa fallen on the road with blood all over his head. You run all your mighty to your appa with the tears fallen from her eyes. “Appa! Appa! Appa!” you shake your appa and keep muttering appa repeatedly. “You can’t break our promise. Don’t leave me.” your umma just freeze besides you when looking at your appa full with blood all over him.

“I’m sorry.” The last word you heard from him along with the last gift. A wings pendant. You hold the pendant in your hand and you felt your body being embrace by the person that you think your umma before you completely fallen into the darkness.

 

End Flashback

 

~~~

 

You roamed your eyes toward the window; you glanced at the clock that flashed ‘2.00’. You sighed heavily while your tears already dried and your eyes puffy and red from crying too much. You walked into your bathroom to wash your face. *Pathetic* you thought when you look at the mirror.

You walked back to you bed to continue sleeping but the sight outside the window catch your eyes. You thought you just imagine things as you saw a strike of light in the garden. *Curiosity kills the cats but cats have nine lives isn’t it?* with that thought, you slowly open your door to head to the garden.

You walked in slow step and avoid making any sound, as you do not want to grab the attention of your maid or workers at your mansion especially your umma. For once you pondered why the mansion as spacious as it taking long time to arrive at the garden.

You approach the garden but there was nothing weird in the garden. You want to go back in to your room but you do not feel sleepy any more so you decided to enjoy the night at the gazebo. You sit in the gazebo and close your eyes to enjoy the night breeze.

You snapped your eyes when you feel something’s shaking underneath. You clutching the pillar of the gazebo tightly as the earth continue shaking violently. *Is this the end of the world?* you thought inside but you still calm.

You jerked when suddenly it has stop shaking and a light emerges from sky. *What the hell? This is sure a dream* you thought but your eyes grow widen when you catch a glimpse of a figure in the light.

Your jaw dropped in awe when you see the figure full. The figure looks angelic and he was smiling at you with his angelic smile. You should be scare when you saw an unknown person in your garden but instead you feel warm.

“Who are you?” After recovering from shocked, you shoot him with the question.

“Byun Jihyun? You wish to meet your appa right?” instead of answering you, he replied to you back with the question. You feel annoyed but at the mention of your appa, you look at him hopefully.

“Appa? Where is appa?” the person or is he even a person? He looked at you with assure looks.

“I’ve always heard you wish. You are such a naïve, obedient, pure and…” he looked at you genuinely “…beautiful. No words can describe you. Your appa and umma are lucky to have you as their daughter.” Your heart softens at his word.

“Lucky? I am the cause of appa death and I am the one that making my relationship with umma drift away. She lost her husband and the love of her because of me.” You said sorrowfully. You hang your head low.

“You can’t continue blaming yourself forever. About your wish, I’m gonna give you a chance to meet your appa and stay beside him.” you looked at him in disbelief.

“You must be kidding. You are not a god or angel to make it real.” You shook your head not believing his word. “And who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing in my garden and most importantly how…” you stop your words when you remember; this guy was coming from sky.

You gawked looking at him and you did not even realize that he already came closer to you. You jumped slightly when you heard a chuckle coming inch from you. You step backward when you noticed him close to you.

“Because you don’t believe me, why don’t I just grant your wish?” with a snap from his finger, you immediately fall in the darkness.

“You are back to your past where your parent doesn’t know each other yet and you only got 31 days to appreciate the moments.” Before you fully fallen in the darkness, you blurry heard the information.

 

 

“We gonna meet again Jihyunnie. I love you.” You do not know where the voice coming from. You look around frantically but all you can see are lights and you had to squint your eyes.

All of the sudden everything around you flash back the memory of you and your parent. From when you were happily hearing your appa soothing voice with your umma.

When you said the three word, ‘I love you’ at your appa. When you complaint to your appa about you was bullied and he comfort you.

When you excitedly passed your report to your appa and he flashed the proud and happiness face to you. When you and your appa linked his finger with your’ and make the pinky promise.

When you whining and begging to your appa to buy your candy cotton. When your appa obliged your wish and when you saw with your own eyes your appa hit by the car and fall on the road with blood all over his head.

When you run to your appa with the tears flooding and fallen from your eyes. All the memory goes around you make you had a headache and unconsciously you fall in the darkness.

 

 

The blinding sunlight rays flash right on your face. You had to narrow your eyes, once your sight fully clear you looked around you. Your face showed a confusion look as you noticed you were not awake in your bed instead you are on a bench.

Screw that, you do not even know where the place is but you notice something familiar about this place. You spotted your blue sapphire bag beside you and you crossed your eyebrows out of confusion.

You took your bag and rummaged inside the bag. You found a few of your clothes, personal things, a bottle of your medicine and a wallet that consist credit card, membership card and your identity card.

Immediately, the event from last night flashes in your mind. “You are back to your past where your parent doesn’t know each other yet and you only got 31 days to appreciate the moments.” The word keeps replaying in your mind repeatedly. You widen your eyes in realization. *I am back to the past?* you thought as you clasped you hand over your mouth.

“Agassi, what are you doing here? You should be at home.” You jumped out of surprise at the voice and look at the owner of the voice. A man around twenties apparently was the one that greet you.

You just stared at him as you still in confuse state. He looked at you weirdly and with concern, thinking that you maybe run away from home judging from the bag beside you.

He snapped his finger in front of you and startled, you jumped slightly on the bench. You cleared your throat to cover you embarrassment.

“Are you run away from home?” he asked you straight to the point. You shook your head at his question. “Really? So, what are you doing here early in the morning…” he raised his wrist and looked at it, which apparently his watch and looked back at you “…it’s still 8 in the morning.”

Instead of answering his question, you asked him “What year is now?” the stranger raised his eyebrows but nether less answer your question, “It’s 2012.”

It is 2012

It is 2012

2012