Chapter 19: Tragic

100 Days With Mr. Arrogant (Kathniel Story)

 

Chapter 19: Tragic

By: Amira Kazuki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-NOBODY'S POV-

 


It's been two weeks since the day that Kath know about the real truth. That she was in fact a Benedicto. It's been two weeks since she's been searching for her real mother. She also told her foster parents about this and they were supportive about her idea. They too want kath to be happy as well. She's been sighing each day, waiting for the private investigator to give her a call and give her any good news at all. 

 

Kath is walking back and forth at the living room, biting her nails off and blocking Dj's view from the television. She's still anxious, she can't help it anyway. She really wanted to see her mom, even just for once. 

 

 

 

 

"Bave? If you took one more step,  I'll carry you into my room. I'll swear".  Daniel said as he smirked at her. Actually, Kath is making him dizzy but he's not joking about it either.

 

 

 

 

"Quit it out, DJ! Now's not the time" She answered.

 

 

 

 

"Then when is the time?" He pouted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"When I have news from the PI already"

 

 

 

 

 

"Fine" DJ said blankly, a little disappointed.

 

 

 

 

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring* 

 

 

 

 


Kath's phone rang and she  went  a little bit far away from Daniel as she answered it.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello, Ms. Brown----Benedicto?" The guy on the other line said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes. This is me"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Looks like we have found the woman that you've been looking for...Ms. Margret Florete is staying at Robert's Institution. A mile away from your condohouse " 

 

 

 

 

 

"Really?!?! Thanks a lot. You may rest now".

 

 

 

 

"Yes,Ma'am. But be careful.'

 

 

 

 

"Ok. I will. Bye'

 

-END CALL-

 

 

 

"Who's that,Bave?" DJ asked when he saw Kath walking towards him on the couch.

 

 

 

Daniel's eyes widened when kath sat down on top on him as her hand cupped his face and kissed him. After their long kiss, they both smiled at each other.

 

 

 

"So you were talking about carrying me into your room? Is the offer still available?" Kath smirked at him.

 

 

 

 


"Why? You got any news already?" He smiled widely.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yup!! Finally!! I'll meet my mom!! Can you believe it?! Woohoo! I'm so excited!" Kath said with such excitement. The smile that DJ get to see today is one of  Kath's feature that he loved the most. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Then,I'll shall be your personal driver for today".  He hugged her tightly. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Really?! Yehey! Thanks,DJ! You're the best ever" She hugged him back and kissed him on his cheek.

 

 

 

After a long drive, They have already reach the Robert's Institution. Kath took a deep breath as she went out of their car. She's feeling nervous, it's as If meeting a certain someone for the first time. Daniel,seeing her reaction like that.. He immediately went closer and comforted her.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sure she'll remember you... Afterall, you're her beautiful, magnificient,smart,thoughtful and perfect daughter". Daniel said as he kissed each part of her face, saving her lips for the last.

 

 

 

 

"Thanks,DJ" 

 

 

 

 

"Sure,Bave.. By the way, I can't fetch you later so I'll have Butler Fred you, ok?"

 

 

 

 

"Ok...See you,Bave!" She said as she parted ways with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


Kath went inside the Institution and saw lots of patient, mostly old ones anyway.... She directly walked to the front desk and asked the person in charge. "Excuse me, Can I speak to Ms. Margret Florete? I'm her daughter"

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my....Are you Kathryn..Benedicto?!"   The front desk personnel was obviously shocked. Too much shock,i guess. "Come,follow me". She pulled her arm as they walked fast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They  walked and they  walked until... the staff  lead her  into a big room, full of painting and sketches of a little girl.  

 

 

 

 

A little girl that exactly looks like Kath . Her  heart began to beat once again as she  saw someone in her wrinkled features. She's in her early 40's. She's facing her back as she draw in her sketchpad.

 

 

 

 

 

"Ever since that tragic accident, she got nowhere to go nor nothing to do. She was indeed emotionally damaged". The personnel said as she left the two alone in the room.

 

 

 

 

 

"Mama......? " Kath said as she trembled, coming near to person infront of her. She didn't reply, instead she kept on sketching.

 

 

 

 

"It's me..Ma...." Kath tried once again as she hugged the woman.

 

 

 

 

"Kath-----ryn? Is It really you?"  Margret let go of her pencil as she felt the familiar warmth on her shoulders. Could it be that her daughter has finally returned?

 

 

 

 

 “Yes, Mama... it's really me. Oh... how i've missed you so much” Tears began to fall from Kath's eyes, she long for this moment to come.

 

 

 

 

 

"I've missed you so much, my dear child. It's been 9 years since I last saw you and i never thought that I would see you again". Margret hugged her daughter softly just like a little child who needs to be comforted.

 

 

 

 

"My nanny hid me somewhere safe and protected, at an orphanage and I got adopted by two wonderful couple. She was trying to hide my identity, she was trying to protect me, Mama".

 

 

 

 

 

"Ah I see.. I'm sorry If I haven't been there through your bad times but I'm thankful to those who've brought you up with such care and love. I'm glad your safe". Still comforting her daughter.

 

 

 

 

 

Kath sniffled before saying, "Mother, where's Papa? I wanted to see him".

 

 

 

 

 

Margret bowed down her head, couldn't look at her daughter's eyes directly. The pain,suffering, sadness is coming back again.

 

 

 

 

"What's wrong?" Kath saw the mixed emotions at her mother's face.

 

 

 

 

Margret looked at her daughter for one last time before narrating the past.

 

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

That night, Margret just have returned from grocer shopping when she heard a gunshot coming from their bedroom. 

 

 

 

 

"Jonathan!" She cried as she quickly went inside the house. Along the way, She saw Ruby on the living room carrying a sleeping Kath on her arms

 

 

 

 

 

"Go! Run as fast as you can! Protect her with all your might!"  She ordered to Ruby.

 

 

 

 

"Yes, madame." Ruby said as she did what she was told to do so.

 

 

 

 

Margret being left alone, she quickly dialed the police line for assistance. Something's not quite right. She walked towards to their bedroom door where she heard the commotion, she slowly open ed the door and took a quick peek inside. To her surprise, she saw a body lying unconciously on the floor with full of blood... She gasped as she saw the face... It was her husband, Jonathan!                She  started panicking, hurriedly went to her husband's side. Tears began to fall as she saw his face full of bruises.

 

 

 

"Nate, Honey? please wake up.... You promise you won't leave me right?.. Honey?!" Margret cried out, slapping gently his face. Hoping he would get back to his senses and wake up. She looked around the room and noticed that she's not alone.  She saw three guys with black mask on, trying to hide their identity.  Two of them have weapons with them while the other one is unarmed. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Who are you people?!?!! What did you do to my husband?!?!  LET ME GO!!" She shouted with such anger  but the unarmed guy grabbed her from the back, making her struggle. 

 

 

 

 

"Come on, Let's go! We've got the documents already. Let's leave the woman alone." The guy with the dagger said.

 

 

 

 

"Leave?! You know we can't leave any witnesses behind!!!" The guy with the knife replied.

 

 

 

 

"What should we do then? kill her?!!" 

 

 

 

 

"HMMMM?!" Margret began to move fiercely, she kept on struggling. She doesn't want to be killed. Not now. Trying to break free from the strong grip but no prevail. The guy from her back pucnhed its way to her stomach, making her groan in pain and crawled on the floor.

 

 

 

 

"Bye. Bye.... Now, you can join your husband in heaven" The guy said as he pull the trigger and shoot her,leaving her restlessly.

 

 

 

 

But before she could doze off, she remembered the tattoo from the guy who strangled her. After that she become unconcious already.The three bandits decided to burn the house down, leaving no evidence.  Just when the three bandits have secaped, the cops and ambulance have arrived. They quickly look for the family and found the couple lying unconciously on the floor of their bedroom. They brought the two to the hospital for rush medication but Jonathan was 'Dead-On-Arrival' and  couldn't make it.  Leaving Margret the only one survivor, the bullet was far from any of her internar organs.  She cried herself out on her hospital bed, missing her husband and daughter.

 

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

 

"Papa is dead already?! *sniff* I'm so sorry about what happened,Mama.. How i wish we could all be together. .."  Kath hugged her mom, not letting her go.

 

 

 

 

They waved goodbye at each other because It's past her visiting time already. She promised her mother that she'll pass by next time and next time, she'll be coming with her. 

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

It's nearly 8:00 pm when she waits outside for Butler Fred to arrive. Here comes a group of guys who kept on looking at her with such hunger. Differentr kind of hunger. They walked closer to her and smirked. Her hear beat fast, she's feeling nervous once again.

 

 

 

"Hey there,sweet chick.. Wanna hang out with us?" The guy in the center throw his arm around her shoulder.

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me....... I have to go".  Kath said as she took his arm away from her shoulder and started running away but they caught her by her arm. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let go of me!!! You sick bastards!" She tried to cut loose but their grips are tight. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'MMMM... NIce body! Should we take turns,guys? " The other guy sniffed at her hair.

 

 

 

They brought her into their van as she kept on struggling. Her hopes are fading as tears falling at her face.

 

 

 

 

"DANIEL! ! ! ! HEELLP MEEE!!!" Desperate for help, she screamed once more, louder this time but they covered with a handkerchief. Making her faint. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~