Chapter 18: I am a..... What?!

100 Days With Mr. Arrogant (Kathniel Story)

 

Chapter 18:  I am a....What?!

By: Amira Kazuki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

-KATH'S POV-

 

I just arrived from my movie shoot and It was a tiring day and Daniel is not still here and will be joining me later for dinner.  I changed my clothes into my comfy attire and dive into my bed to rest.

 

Today is the 78th day of our deal. Yes, it's already Day 78... Time sure flies quickly.. I didn't hear from Donna nor DJ's dad. It's like... they suddenly vanished already.  You know what? It had me thinking if DJ really feel something for me, he's not breaking the deal either.. Aish! What the heck am I thinking? Of course, It's all an act.... or not... I, me and myself... am really confuse right now! Sometimes, i can feel that he really likes me... While, sometimes... I think that he's just pretending it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh. Dear. Must I follow my heart? Or my mind?

 

 

 

 

That's when I'm about  to go crazy.. The doorbell rung...

 

 

 

 

*DING * *DONG*

 

 

 

 

 


It must be DeeJ.

 

 

 

I rushed quickly to the door and opened it but to my surprise, There was a woman on her mid-30s, standing outside.

 

 

 

 

 

"My Late sister wanted you to have this....I'm sorry" The woman said with tears on her eyes as she gave me the letter.

 

 

 

 

"Late sister? Wait! Don't leave yet!"  I tried to stop her, calling her to go back but she was in hurry to leave.

 

 

 

 

I sighed deeply as i sat down on the living room and stared at the letter on my hand. Should I open it? Why am I feeling nervous all of a sudden? My heart beat rapidly as I open the letter and as I read it, tears are flowing from my eyes. It's like the memories are coming back.. The letter says:

 

 

 

Dear Little Kath,

 

              You might not remember me but I always think about you. Remember me? I'm the one you're calling "RUBY" . We used to eat snacks and candies and I often visit  you back then at St. Mary's Orphanage. I think It's time for you to know the truth. The truth about yourself. Who you  really are.  Anyway, The truth is.. I was your nanny ever since you were a baby. I'm sorry for keeping it a secret. It's for your own good. 

 

       Once a Benedicto, Always a Benedicto. Yes, you're the only daughter of Sir Jonathan Benedicto and Ms. Margret Florete. Before you were separated from them, you're all living on such one big happy family. But that happiness fades when... one day, There was a gunshot coming from your parents' room.  i suddenly covered your eyes and tried to calm you down because you started to cry. I  carried you into my arms as you continued to whimper, I brought you outside your bedroom and  saw your mother  wtih a shock expression.  She ordered me to run away as fast as I can, to bring you somewhere safe and untouchable. So i did what i was told and you end up on an orphanage. I didn't expect that your house would burned down.  I'm sorry that I only told you this now but  I have a good news to you,dear.  I heard your mama is still alive...Why don't you look for her? I'm sure she'll be happy to see you. 

 

 

 

P.S. By the time, you'll read this letter. I'm already gone.  I'll miss you, my Little kath.

 

                                                                                                                          

                                                                                                                   Love,

                                                                                                                       Ruby

                                                                                                              

 


I folded the letter back again. I'm happy because my real mom could be alive but I'm also sad because my one and only nanny  just died.  

 

So, my real mom's name is Margret Florete, huh? I'll look for you, Mama. i swear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TRIVIA: Isn't Margret the first love of Rommel Perkins? Could it be Kath is their......?

Found out soon. :D