The Cafe and The

I thought I loved him, I thought he loved me..

 

I woke up and stretched out my arms expecting a body to be next to me, but I was greeted with a cold, empty space. I sat up trying to remember last night. Proposal, reject, drunk Ji, all these things were running through my mind. I got up and pulled a dressing gown over my shoulders and shuffled to the kitchen. The calendar was on the front of the fridge, and I saw Ji’s scrawly handwriting,

Long sched. Practice w/ boys. Fansign, interview, photoshoot. Back late.

I laughed to myself, he’s gonna have a horrible hangover and all of that to deal with. After laughing at him for a while I slowly started to feel bad for him. He went out and got drunk because of me. I sighed, and finished my breakfast, then went for a shower.

Once I was dressed I rang SunMi,

“SunMi, wanna meet up? WE haven’t had a gossip in ages!” I shouted happily.

“Yah, Gae In, calm down, yeah I’ll meet up with you!” she sighed. “Give me a time and a place.” She huffed.

I ignored her and gave her the name of the closest café.

“Ok, Gae In, see you  in half an hour.” She hung up straight away. I wonder what’s up with her.

I was too excited to wait half an hour so I walked to the café almost as soon as she hung up. Within 5 minutes I was there, at the counter.

“Hey, can I order two hot chocolates with extra marshmallows and cream please?” don’t judge me, I was usually really healthy, but when I gossip, I like to have some form of chocolate.

My drinks were ready really quickly so I went to grab a table by the window.

*half an hour later*

I sat sipping my hot chocolate waiting for SunMi to arrive, she was late, which wasn’t like her. I peered out of the window looking in all directions for her. As I was looking to the left I saw a man, his face covered, walk into the café, and sit in the table next to mine without ordering anything. His hood was over his head and he had sunglasses on, even though the sky was cloudy.

*15 minutes later*

I had just finished my last gulp of hot chocolate, the best bit, with all the chewy chocolate left in the bottom, when SunMi walked in the door. it took me a while to recognise her, she was wearing skin tight black jeans, leather jacket and black sunglasses. She saw me and stalked over. She plopped down on her seat.

“Hey.” She said, taking of her sunglasses. Her eyes were thickly lined with black eyeliner, and her long, false nails were painted a dark, blood red.

“Wow, SunMi, what.. what a transformation, you look amazing!” I said, handing her the drink. She looked down at it and I saw her eyes flicker behind me. I turned and saw that she was looking at that strange person with their face covered. While I was evaluating the unknown person, SunMi distracted me.

“Ugh!” she spat out her hot chocolate, “What the hell is this crap? Did you get THIS for ME, Gae In?” she spat out the small mouthful she had. “It’s even cold! You make me come here, and then give me this cup of… whatever this is! Ugh, and the calories in that, Jesus, you’re gonna get so fat, no wonder J-” she stopped short.

“What? SunMi, you want me to get you another drink or something? I asked you here so we could talk, you know, that’s what friends do!” She stood up abruptly and picked up her sunglasses. “Gae In, this was so much fun. Let’s do it again sometime.” She winked and walked out.

“Yah! We will when you get some manners!” I shouted after her.

Aish, what a .

I sat back down and looked behind me, that odd person was gone. I felt strangely empty, it felt like he had my back when he was behind me. I turned around and sat down looking straight into the eyes of a man. I yelped and slapped the person hard across the cheek.

“YAH! Gae In, it’s me Yongguk!” he hissed, pulling his sunglasses down.

“it was you! I thought I recognised you! Sorry about the.. um, slap. You know not to startle me.” I muttered.

“Yeah, I should have known. Anyway, what a .” He said, voicing my thoughts.

“Uh, ne.  I don’t know what’s up with her, she is never like this. Maybe she is on her period.” I said.

I laughed as Yongguk’s eyes widened. “Too much info, Gae In.” He shook his head.

“Sorry, Gukkie.” I smiled at him.

He stood up and gave me a small peck on the cheek.

“If you need a chat, I'm here babe, even if it is awkward and girly, I’ll always listen.” He started to walk away, but turned back, picking up SunMi’s cup. He gulped it down and smiled.”Delicious, definitely the  best cup of hot chocolate I’ve ever had.” He winked and walked away, leaving me alone in the café.