Chapter 5

집 - Home

~

 

 

            "Whaaat? You mean you've never dated anyone?" Both Ji Eun and Jin Ri were shocked. "With that face and body?" Krystal nodded, laughing at her friends.

            "No way." Ji Eun said.

            "I don't believe her." Jin Ri glanced at Ji Eun, pointing at Krystal.           

            "I'm serious, though." Krystal smiled. "Wait, give me a minute, I need to go to the restroom." The girls nodded. "I'll be right back."

           

            Krystal wasn't really in a hurry, she just started to feel kind of embarassed in front of her friends. But it's true, she has never dated anyone. Actually, the only boy she has a friendship with is Jack, and they don't even get along now. It's a pity, though. They used to get along really well when they were younger, they were almost as siblings — which they were, but not in blood. Krystal was about... five years old? Yes, she nodded; probably at that age. When her father brought Jack home, ten years old at that time. Her father told her that having a brother would be a good thing for Krystal, who was always feeling lonely. So he legally adopted the little Jack. Her first and only crush, she chuckled at these thoughts. Well, he was cute at that time, now he was just a cold, big-headed 21 years-old guy. Although really handsome, he would be always teasing Krystal and she hated that. She frowned and shook her head at how mean he was to her. Definately a bad guy, a stupid and ignorant— A wicked smile grew on Krystal's face as she walked on a long corridor. Suddenly, she heard a loud laugh really close to her.

           

            "You're so funny!" Amber was by her side, bent over and grabbing her abdomen, still laughing.

            "Wha—What's wrong?" Krystal was taken aback by her.

            "You had to see your face!" Amber stopped laughing to catch her breath. "It was hilarious!"

            "My face?" Amber nodded, still laughing. Eventually, Krystal started to laugh as well.

            "Were you talking to yourself or something?" Amber kept up with Krystal's pace.

            "No, I... was thinking." Krystal smiled, trying to imagine how silly she must have looked.

            "And~ what were you thinking of?" Amber put her hand on her hoodie pockets and straightened her back while walking.

            "Oh, just... some things." Krystal nodded as she spoke.

            "Hm..." Amber tilted her head to the back. "Ah, right, meet me after school on the gate."

            "Uh? Why?"

            "Teacher said you live alone with your grandmother so she asked me to take you sightseeing some pretty places while teaching you Korean." Amber glanced at her.

            "But aren't you busy?" Krystal was still processing things.

            "It's weekend tomorrow. And my life's not that busy, anyway."

            "Whoa, I'd be thankful if you did so!" Amber shrugged, smiling.

            "I'll see you around then!" Amber turned around and walked the opposite direction.

           

            Krystal started looking for her mobile phone on her uniform, only then noticing she left it in the classroom. She had to make sure her bodyguards knew her whereabouts after school.

           

           

*

 

 

            "Be sure to study this weekend! Class dismissed."

 

            Like always, all the girls hurried to leave school for the week. Ji Eun and Jin Ri walked with Krystal until the school's gate, where they went in different directions. Krystal leaned on the building, waiting for Amber. It didn't take her too long, she patted on Krystal's shoulder and lead the way to the nearest bus stop. Amber took a white paper from her backpack and unfolded it.

                       

            "Today's lessos in... an introduction to Korean Culture." She read it out loud. Krystal peeked and tried to read as well.

            "What's that?"

            "Teacher gave me a plan for your lessons," Amber handed the paper to Krystal. "You can read it if you want."

            "Thanks!" But Krystal returned it as soon as she saw everything in Korean characters. Amber laughed and read what they would be doing on that day. "Having to do this seems rather... troublesome, isn't it?"

            "I'm okay with this," Amber shrugged. "I like this stuff." Krystal looked surprised surprised, she actually found these subjects really boring.

            "Are we going by bus?"

            "Yes, that's why we're in a bus stop..." Amber tried not to laugh.

            "Oh. I've never ridden a bus before! It's going to be my first time," Amber glanced at Krystal, shocked.

            "Are you kidding me?" Krystal shook her head. "Not even in America?"

            "Never."

            "How did you usually wander around the city?"

            "I have a driver." Amber raised her eyebrows and glanced at her from head to toe. "Wha-What?" She shifted uncomfortably on her clothes, looking forward, extremly bothered by Amber's look.    

           

            Amber chuckled as the bus stopped right in front of them. Amber got in, leaving Krystal behind, who instantly followed her inside the vehicle. Amber passed a card on the validator machine, and as she heard a "beep", she walked towards the end of the bus. Krystal wanted to follow her, but was stopped by the bus driver, who asked for the ticket money. Krystal gave him an offended look and shrugged his hand off her arm. She abruptly searched for her wallet inside her bag, not once staring away from the driver's eyes. Krystal quickly took a big note from her wallet and gave it to the driver.

                       

            "I don't have change for that." He dryly said, trying to hide his surprise.

            "Well I only ha—" Krystal heard a desperate sigh and another "beep" behind her.

            "Done." Amber grabbed krystal's arm and dragged her to the back seats. "Seriously..."

           

            The bus took off, leaving them in an awkward silence, with Krystal feeling really uncomfortable, especially when she could feel Amber's intense stare all over her face. She breathed in and turned to face Amber.

           

            "Why are—"

            "Korean."

            "Huh?"

            "In Korean." Krystal raised both eyebrows. "That's what I'm here for, after all."

            "But I don't..."

            "Just do it." Krystal sighed and frowned, looking away from Amber.

           

            She didn't say a word, which caused Amber to laugh. Amber combed her messy hair with her fingers, compltely failing, and shifted to a comfortable position, while Krystal just stayed here, drowsy, making strange facial expressions again, as if she was making up some kind of assumptions on her mind. Amber found it funny and not once she turned away from her.

           

*

 

 

            "What are you doing here?" Krystal asked, as soon as she stepped out of the bus. It was already nighttime and her bodyguards, who have been following her the whole day, were now waiting for their Lady, on the bus stop. "Don't tell me—You followed me?" Both Joe and Johnny nodded. "I thought Jack said I was safe here."    

            "It doesn't exactly work like that, my lady." Krystal glared at him. "I mean, Krystal." He hurriedly corrected himself. The other one grabbed Krystal's bag and walked by her side.

            "What do you mean?"

            "In my opinion, if I can express it, of cou—"

            "Go ahead."

            "Right, in my opinion, this is actually the most dangereous place you could be." Krystal jolted and looked at him.

            "How come?" She asked, confused.

            "I'm afraid I'm not in a position that lets me..."

            "Yeah," She sighed, frustrated. "I got it."

            "Jack is already at home." The other one, Joe, said.

            "By home you mean here?"

            "Yes."

            "He can explain it to you."

 

 


 

 

 

A/N: I'm not satisfied with this chapter. At all, really. But I felt the need to write this! I have to write the beginning of Krystal and Amber's interacting action someway...

And for those who found it weird and hard to imagine Amber in a skirt... here you go ahahahah

 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loklxyZsLP1qhxyw0o1_400.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loklyxMv5I1qhxyw0o1_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lokmfa0jxp1qhxyw0o1_500.jpg

 

Hope you liked it~~

Have a good day, everyone! :D