Chapter 3

집 - Home

~

 

 

            "You heard me, that's your grandmother, the mother of your deceased mother."

           

            Krystal was lost on her thoughts, still wondering about what she had learned that day. Her tea remained untouched, possibly cold by now. It was already dark outside —from New York to Seoul was a big time difference.

            The bodyguards in front of her were always dozing off. She found herself worrying about whether they got enough rest time or not. Wherever she went they would follow her and then at night, it seemed they had a different life, they would go out with her father and Jack, only coming back by the early morning. She had no idea about what they did, and she always thought she wouldn't want to know either. She had a vague idea, though, she knew her father was the head of a rather powerful gang, but she only knew only up until that.

            The old lady, her grandmother as Jack said, stayed in the same position, caressing the dog, humming some songs; always smiling.

            Jack had to go back to the airport to get into the first flight to New York. He wouldn't be living with Krystal, he had to back up his Boss.

            Krystal was all alone now, in a city she never heard of. She didn't know how to speak korean, she wasn't even used to their spicy, vegetable-based food. She was done for. She was absolutely against this sudden change. What about her friends? Her school, her life, everything! She would have to start all over again. But it was everything for the best, she didn't want to mess with her father's dangerous work, so she decided she would act as a good girl and give in to her father's words. No more of those childish, spoiled acts she had, never ever.

           

            "Are you tired?" The old lady asked. Krystal looked at her. "Come, I'll take you to your room." The old lady got up with a big effort. Krsytal reached out to help her, but her grandmother kindly refused.

           

            She slowly made it to the first door on the left when entering the house and slided it, revealing a long corridor. She the lights and stepped in. Krystal grabbed her bags and followed her right away. The corridor would make an "L" at the end. There were four rooms; one that could be seen as soon as entering that corridor, on the left, two that could be seen when turning on the corridor and another one at the end of it. There also were three another doors, one for a bathroom and the other two for a second room Krystal hadn't seen yet.

            After showing the corridor, the old lady walked back to the first door and slided it, opening it. She the lights and motioned to Krystal to enter.

           

            "Is this my room?" Krystal asked, pointing to her and then to the room so that her grandmother would understand. She nodded and left, just like that, without saying anything.

           

            Krystal wasn't that surprised with her room. It wasn't big, it couldn't even be compared to the American one, but it was cozy. There was a single bed at the corner of the room, with a colorful sheet on it that contrasted with the wooden walls and floor. Right in front of the bed was an empty wooden desk with only a picture fame on it. Upon the desk was a window, covered with a translucent white curtain. On the opposite side of the desk was a wardrobe. It didn't seem really big, so she ended up wondering how in the world would all her pretty clothes fit in. Next to it was another sliding door to a private, yet small bathroom. In the middle of the room was a colorful rug and a pink beanbag on top of it.

            Krystal sighed and pulled her suitcases inside the bedroom and left them there, without unpacking. She sat on the comfortable beanbag and took a pen and a notebook from the smallest bag on her nearest suitcase. She started writing.

           

            "February 22,"

 

            Suddenly her grandmother walked in with a vase on her hands. She smiled at Krystal and passed by her, walking to the desk. Krystal followed her with her eyes, shocked by how her grandmother got in without asking for permission. The old lady placed the vase on the desk and grabbed the picture frame, moving it closer to the vase. She then walked out of the room, and Krystal moved her attention back to her notebook.

           

            "Soojung." Krystal was startled at the sound of her real name. The old lady was standing by the door, preparing to close it. She smiled even more. "Good night."

           

            Krystal waited until she closed the door and sighed, turning to write on her notebook.

           

            "February 22,

 

            The start of my new life."

 

 


 

 

A/N: Hope you like it! Thank you so much to everyone, really! :)

EDIT: This is probably the shortest chapter ever... And with the worst english, God, this is so bad xD I'm really sorry!