EPIC END (?)

My Lost Love [Two Shot]

***CHAPTER CONTINUE***

Flashback***

Standing in front of the mirror, I pose elegantly showing my charm.

"Omo, honey, you look fabulous!" My mom praise

I blush.

"That gown really fits you dear." dad smile across the room.

Trying every bridal gown that I got my hand on. It's really like a dream come true, being a princess for one day.

I was busy searching for a perfect gown when a sudden voice creep in.

"Hey.."

I turn around to see Jiyong smiling dorkily.

"Hey.." I smile

"Have you decide it yet?"he asked

"Huh?"

"The gown, have you decide it yet?"

I snap from the confusion." Oh, there's a gown that I liked, but I really don't know weather It'll fit in with the wedding theme." I gave him a pout. Knowing that I was dissapointed, Jiyong ask me to show the gown that I liked. He ran off to the counter. Well, I really don't know what he's doing, but I guess he's trying to find the perfect colour that match the wedding theme. He chatted with the counter clerk for a while. He return with a satisying look.

" Yah, what did you do?" I ask him.

" I ask for the different colour, but they don't have one..."he stop and look straight to my eyes.

"So asked them if I can borrow the gown so that I can make it just for you." My eyes widen

"So what did they said?"

"They agreed. I only have 3 weeks to create them, so please anticipate my work." He smile

I was a little bit worried, he really don't have any basic in sewing, let alone creating the wedding gown. I'm also worried that my future huband won't like what I'm wearing. I'm talking plan wedding here, no one from the other side of family have seen me yet and so am I. I don't really know what my future husband looks like. My dad said that their family are rich, they have a big company spread across seoul city so I have to give a good impression to them.

The wedding were held at the nearest chapel, we decide to do a moderate wedding. We only invited our family and close friend. I was waiting for Jiyong inside the bride room. I can't really sit still so I pace around. I already did my makeup, now I think my makeup will melt because of the constant sweating from walking left and right. I heard a running footstep outside. The door suddenly been knocked.

I opened the door revealing my best friend, panting from the sprint.

"Yah! why are you late" I yelled at him while drag him in using his tie.

"Mian... I supposed to put an extra beads on the gown, but it's too late. Huh... here you go" He pass the cloth.

My mouth turn into an "O" shape.

"Oh My God!" There's a little tear in my eyes. I hugged Jiyong.

"Thank you, thank you, thankyou, It's perfect. It's what I want." I told him 

"No problem" He smile

I quickly put the gown on, fixed my makeup and preparing myself mentally.

I notice Jiyong keep looking at me." Yah, don't you have any organ to play?" I ask. He look down checking his body."Nope, my organ is still fine". I chuckled by his joke.

"Ok, ok, enough joking, let's get back to business." I said. His smile fade rapidly. He look down. His eyes..Their sad?

He pick himself up, walking toward the door.

"I'll see you outside princess" He said before closing the door behind him.

-----

I walk along the aisle holding my dad arm. I saw Jiyong sitting by the organ playing the wedding song.

We stop at the altar facing the priest. We exchange the vow.

"You may kiss the bride" The priest announce.

I was wearing a wedding hat so It hid part of me. The groom open the cloth revealing my face. I was suprise by the groom apperance but the more I look at him, the more I think I can fall for him. He peck me on the lips. The crowd cheer, the organ are played,the smile exchange and we were so happy.

Flashback End***

Fairytale don't always have a happy ending.

I did fall or him and end up getting pregnant. But I guess it's different for him, I told him about my pregnancy a week after I knew. usually a normal couple would be so estatic but he just nod and move on with his work. 

The bus stop at the rest area. We are given 30 minutes to go eat or freshen up before the bus taking off again. I gently woke my daughter up. She make herself comfortable again, meaning she doesn't want to get up.

"Honey, we need to eat something before we move again. Come, let's go." I persuade her

She rub her eyes slowly sitting down at her seat. We both walk at the stall to see what's good.

"What do you want to eat dear?"

"Omma, it's all look delicious, can we buy all of them?"My daughter point at all the stall.

I giggle," as much as I want to buy it all for you, I can't, I don't have enough money". We end up eating a hot dog.

My mind keep replaying the year that I was pregnant. Watching my daughter eat make me think, is this what it feels like to buy something to your love one? When she smile, I smile too.

Flashback****

I'm pregnant for a month now, and my husband is no where to be found when I'm craving something.

Thank God, I have Jiyong. I pick up the phone, calling his number.

"The person that you are trying to call are currently busy, please try later" 

Argh...Where is he when I need him. I try to call my husband office this time.

"Hello, this is Mr Kang Daesung Office. May I help you?" A woman on the other line softly speak

"Hello, yes, can you connect me with Mr Kang? I'm his wife."I said hoping to get connect with him

"Please wait a moment"

***song***

"I'm sorry Mrs Kang, but Mr Kang is Meeting with an important client right now. Would you like to leave a message?"

"Yes, please tell him to call me immediatly after the meeting."

"Will do ma'am, is there anything else?"

"No, Thank you." I hung up the phone

A minute after that I received a phone call from Jiyong saying that he's waiting in front of my house. I quickly change my cloth and walk out from the house. I can see his car from afar. He approached me and being a gentleman he is, he open the car door for me.

"I got your text" He said 

"I'm sorry, I got a pile of work to do.. did I made you mad?"

I frown.

"Yah, why don't you said so? I can cancel the plan you know?" I feel alittle sorry for him cause he had to leave his work just for me.

He giggle. I gave him a perplex look.He told me to sit comfortably while putting my seatbelt.

"If it's for my bestfriend, I would do anything to make you happy."He said driving his car to a nearby restaurant.

____

I finished my meal quickly, I mean real quick. I ordered a big portion of meal and the owner was quite suprise. Jiyong try to clarified the situation only to end up worst.

"Congratulation you two, you'll make a great parent!" The owner claim

We were blushing. I can see his face is red. Well, we look like a couple, from the first I step out of the car, Jiyong had been taking care of me. He cook the meat for me, scoop the rice, I basically don't do anything.So I guess It's really easy to misunderstand.

"Yah, you're going to make a great husband. Why aren't you married yet?" I ask him bluntly

I knew him, his handsome feature, skinny body, gentle and polite attitude really attract a lot of woman. But I'm still wondering why he didn't even had any girlriend.

He chuckeled." Maybe someday."

 I rolled my eyes. He sent me home after eating. We did some catching up. He told me that he work as an undercover cop. So he always gonna be in disguise. I nod, he also said that he'll be busy in the future, he told me to make a missed call instead of call cause he'll be calling me back.

Flashback end****

We already finish eating our food, we freshen up a bit before getting back in the bus. I felt sleepy afterward. My daughter pat her shoulder.

*pat*pat

"Omma, sleep on my shoulder" She offered. I smile. I lean my head on her shoulder but I try not to make my head heavy so that her shoulder can stand.

I doze off almost immideatly.My mind played the scene that I had a fight with my husband, it's like I'm hopping inside the time machine, following it back to the year that I hate the most. It's been a year since I gave birth to my daughter Minji. It's been good year for me but not to my husband. His father company struck into a bancruptcy. It had been told that the corruption start from inside the company. His father fall into deep coma, his mother however is still strong accompanying her husband, while every night I end up fighting with my husband after his drink.

(BGM: Cough Syrup - Young The Giant)

"You're the one who cheat on me!" I heard my husband voice

"No, I'm not. I love you and I'll never cheat on you!" I said wiping the overflowing tears that fall from my eyes

"I knew you just love me when I'm rich, and now, we're poor,you started to look or someone else?!" the yelling just got louder.

I bend down to my knees, hugging his feet. Pleading him to believe me.

"Get off from me , you b***h! "he kick me.

Our daughter started to cry from all the noise. He look at the craddle. I can sense that he'll do something bad to our daughter.

"I bet that child is not even my child" he state with annoyed voice.

I cried harder this time. He started to walk to the craddle, picking up his daughter. 

"I bet I'll get a million dollar if I sell her to the pimp" My eyes grew wider. I quickly pick myself up. Taking my child from his hand.

"Don't touch her!" I shout. He was taken aback, and then he started to rumble around the house searching for something. When he got back, I could see, he was holding a cane. 

"You useless woman, stop making my life miserable!" he said swinging the cane hitting my body. I cover my daughter so that she won't get injured.

The scene goes on for a merely 30 minute. I was still holding on to our baby.

 

"Omma, are you okay?" my daughter ask

I woke up with tears streaming down my cheeks. I wipe the tears away and smile at her.

"I'm okay honey, I dreamt of uncle Jiyong." my daughter smile.This time she lean her head on my shoulder.

"Omma, how did you know that Uncle Jiyong love you? I'm curious" She ask

"Well.."

 

I really don't know if it's a coincidence or destiny. My husband company had to bear alot of debt from the bank and the loan shark. One day the loan shark came to our house, their intention is to ruin my house and take away every stuff that we have.  I was scared, scared that they might take my daughter away, scared that they may take my life away. I was hiding behind my house, hoping that they won't find me.

"I'll check the back of the house" One of the man said

The man run hurriedly to the back. I close my eyes wishing for a miracle to happen. I felt the man grab my hand and it's strange. Usually they would yank me out but not this man. I opened my eyes to see the man I've been longing to heard from.

"Dayun" he said softly.

" GD! did you find someone at the back?" ask.

He took my hand guiding me to the basement gently pushing me.

"Nope, I've already check the basement. No one's there" he said in monotone.

"Okay, we better hurry back, the boss might get angry soon" 

" Alright, you go on first. I have to use the bathroom" he state

"Be quick." the man command

The basement door slowly opened and I saw him, walking down the stairs. He walk to me and hug me tightly. 

"Stay here, I'll pick you up tonight" He said. 

My body shivers from the cold and fear. I hug him back not ready to let him go. "I'll come back for you, I always be here for you" He said before reluctantly broke the hug. He kissed me on the forehead and goes back to . I waited until midnight, I'm about to doze off when I heard the basement door open slowly and I saw a figure heading toward me.

I close my eyes praying that it's not my husband.

"I told you I'll be back" The voice said.

It's him. He carefully pulled me out from the hideout. The first thing he do is break a bad new about my husband, he was arrested for robbery. He also will be charge of grand theft. I look down. I'm really dissapointed. He lift my chin up and give a hopefull smile.He invited me to live at his house before he finish the case. He said he's been disguising as loan shark for a year now, working under his boss name Choi Seung Hyun. The cop figure that his boss also did a drug shipment all over the world. As a disguise cop, it's will be his duty to bust them out.

We arrive at his house and the first thing I notice is a person waiting outside his house.

"Mr GD."He said bowing to Jiyong

"Ah yeah, here, can you treat her? she got beatin up real good" 

The doctor lead me to his office room which is inside Jiyong house. Jiyong explained it to me that he has his own private doctor to cure him because he might cause a commosion if he goes to a normal hospital. The gang might dicover that he's a cop.

"Okay, It's all done" the doctor said

"Huh? It seem fine to me. Thanks Young bae!" 

The doctor just nod. Jiyong then led me to the room that I'll be staying.

"I hope It's okay for you. Sorry, but I only have single bed" 

I assure him that it's fine.

 

"But..omma, he didn;t tell he love you right?" My daughter ask

"Huh? right..."

 

It's been 3 week since I last stay with him. Everytime he did something for me my heart would skip a beat, things as simple as washing dishes to helping me exchanging Minji diaper.It feels like we are newlywed couple. I would cook for him every morning before he go to work and wait for him to come home for dinner. Sometime, he come home early and brought me a flower to cheer me up. For a moment, everything seems so right.

It Saturday, the day that he would take a break from harassing people or arressting them. He ask me if I would like to go to the beach. I nod in excitement. He chuckled and ask me to get ready. I remember it clearly that the sun shine so bright, the weather was perfect , my daughter is smiling and we all are to excited just to stay silent. 

We were so engulf about that day that we barely even notice that there's a car that's been following us since we got into the intersection. The car stop beside us, they open the window slowly revealing a man face. Jiyong eyes widen by his appearance.

"S-seungri?"He stutterd

The boy just smirk at the sight of Jiyong and then he shout.

"Yah! I knew you were a cop, and the girl is Daesung wife isn't it?" he ask

Jiyong tried to ignore him "Tch! this man is trying to play game with me. Come, if you admit it, I will spare your life boss" he coax

Jiyong still stand his ground looking at the front. I saw the boy face turn into frown, he then went into the back of the car and to my suprise he brought out the AK47 and start shooting blindly. Jiyong and I were suprise by the attack. He started to hit the gas, accelerate it to the highest metre while the car at the back follow suit. We were playing chasing for one and the half hours now. The boy fire the gun again and again hitting every part of his car. The bullet eventually hit one of the tyre causing it to puncture. The car lost control. I hold  my daughter tightly, we end up hitting a tree. the car at the back suddenly dissapeared. The next thing I knew, a man with a suit approached.

I saw Jiyong struggling. I saw that tree bark penetrate through his leg. The firemen cut the bark into half so that they can release his leg. Me, on the other hand had only a minor injury and so is my daughter. I saw Dr Young bae approching us. 

" I'd already prepared the car. let's go!" He said carrying Jiyong

"Wait, what about the car at our back just now?" I ask

" They shot the men down, 4 of them died"

We got into the car, and he drove us all back to Jiyong house. The doctor put Jiyong in the bathub fill with water.

"ARGHHHHH..!!!!" I heard his scream.

(BGM: I won't Give Up - Jason Mraz)

My heart aches to see him hurt. The tub immediatly become red because of the blood. I saw a couple more person enter the bathroom with doctor Young Bae. As much as I want to stay with him, I can't. My eyes will started to get watery again so I ran out of the bathroom, putting my daughter in her craddle, and cried at the corner.

"Hngg..! GrRR...ArgHH...!" He scream.

It's only been 2 hour since he last scream. The nurse came out with a tray and inside there's a bark that they pulled from Jiyong leg. It's big.

"Faster, we lost a lot of blood here!" I heard Dr Young Bae shout. The nurse hurried back bringing a pack of blood, another nurse bring in a stroller. Minute later, I saw they push Jiyong out with the stroller. I saw his face, it was pale but still breathing. His head is now covered with bandange, so is his arm and deinitely the leg.

"He's going to be safe." Doctor Young Bae state

"For now, he's got to rest, we'll put him in his bedroom. I trust that you can take care of Mr. GD ma'am?" he ask

I nodded. "If you can't, just call me, I'll send the nurse over to take care of him"

"No , it's okay, I'll be taking care of him" I reject him politely.

____

Another week had passed and Jiyong seems to be healthy. Me on the other hand really keeping myself busy with Minji. Eventually I ask or his permission to bring the craddle to his room. Fortunately he agreed. It's a little easier now that I can take care of them in one room. 

 

I was busy tucking Minji to sleep when Jiyong ask a sudden question.

"Do you love me?"

"huh?"

"I said do you love me?"

"I..."

The phone suddenly ring interupting my answer.

He pick up the phone lazily.

"Hello...Yeah..."

He scrunch his brow.

"Really? that's good. I'll tell her right away!" He said excitedly. After that he hung up the phone and look at me.

"Hey, they said that they succesfully bring the head  of the loan shark down. They deport him to Busan for futher notice" 

" Further notice?"

"His drug dealing started at Busan, so the cop will try to break the chain by asking him to call his clan..." He explained.

I nodded in understanding. The atmosphere fall silence for a while.

"So, I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?" I ran out of his room before he said another word.

____

2 days later I heard Jiyong coughing without a cease. I called Dr Young Bae to do check him up.

"Herm..this is not good. I thought we did a good job in covering and washing the wound." He said worriedly.

"What is wrong with him?"

The doctor look at me.

"His wound is infected by bacteria" 

I was panicked by his statement.

"So what can we do doc?"

He look at his watch." It's still midnight, we can't send him to the hospital yet, It's dangerous."

"It's okay, we can go tomorrow" Jiyong said weakly giving hint a little smile.

Both doctor and I sigh."Please take care of him miss Dayun" he said.

I nodded before sending him away. I tuck Minji into bed after freshen up. I then enter Jiyong room, looking at him weakly lying there.

"He used to be skinny, and now he's sick..." I glance down thinking about him

"What are you doing there?" He said

I snap from my thought and smile at him. "Nothing, just remembering our time together." He smile weakly patting the bed asking me to sit beside him. I walk to him putting my head on bed while my body seats on the ground looking at his facade.

He took my hand intertwine them together. I blush by his action.

"Do you want to know why I don't have any girlfriend up until now?" He ask

My ears perk up. He turn his head sideway facing me.

"Cause I think my heart already be taken...." I sit up straight, he took my hand and place it on his chest.

"by you.." He continue.

Tears started to drop from my eyes. He then kissed my hand.

"Kim Dayun, you have taken my heart, but you never take care of it" He said.

I sob hard.

He cupped my face with his other hand wiping the tears with his thumb.

"But I'm not mad..."

"I'm happy that you're happy with your husband.."

"I'm happy for you..."

"I'm sorry, but I think I love you too.." I finally said it.

"Everytime you with me, my heart will thump so hard that it's gonna burst. I was confuse. How can I fall in love with you, my best friend..."

"So that's why when dad ask me to married that man , I agreed right away. I want to forget my heart for you, but I can't. Everytime you help me, my heart can't help but to thump faster." I blurt it out..

We end up chatting and laughing that night. I was so happy that I wasn't the only one who had fall for him. He also falls for me. Jiyong ask me to sleep with him.I end up sleeping on his chest. hearing his heartbeat makes me calm and happy. He tighten his arm around me, kissed my forehead and whisper "I love you" before we drift off to sleep.

 

I can see that my daughter is crying. She hid her face from me.

"Then what happened omma? Why uncle Jiyong's not here with us anymore?" She ask

 

The next morning I woke up without hearing any heartbeat. My eyes jolt open looking at Jiyong. I tried to find his hearbeat but nothing came up. I looked at his face again, It is pale but not like the last time, this time it's not only his face that's pale, his whole body is.

I frantically search for my phone calling Dr Young Bae to come. In the meantime I tried to shake Jiyong up. A few of minute later, the doctor turn up . He hurriedly enter Jiyong's room. He checked the pulse. Checking the vain.

I was waiting outside praying silently hoping that he still have a chance.

I felt a pair of hand holding to my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, but... there's nothing we can do anymore" Dr Young Bae said while shaking his head.

I broke down in tears. Dashing into his room, shaking him violently asking him to get up. Dr Young Bae had to hold me before I calm my self down.

I slowly pull down the cloth from his face. Looking for the last time. I find his hand attempting to hold it intertwine it like last night. It suprise me when I saw one of his hand is clenching like a fist. I opened the hand to find a piece of paper. It's written..

"Kim Dayun , I love you, will you be my wife?"

I look back at the hand to find a shiny ring. 

"He's trying to propose me.." 

I put the ring on my finger and it fits perfectly.

(BGM: Bye-Bye - Mariah Carey)

The 3 hours in the bus passed like a wind when I told her about Jiyong. She sob so hard that the other passanger look at her.

We arrived at Gusan. My original plan was to go back to the place that Jiyong love when some elders greet me.

"What's your name dear?" The halmoni ask.

I contemplated for a while but then I introduce myself to her. The older woman ask me to follow her. When we arrived at her house, he called her husband out. Me and Minji bowed to the eldest showing our respect. The man invited us in. We chatted for a while, the man then walk to the back of his house retrieving a letter.
 

He asked us to join him on a walk. I tried to reject politely but the man insist on us going with him. Eventually we did.  We were walking for about 15 minutes now, when the older guy stop in front of the luxurious house. He smile at me, then he search for something in his pocket. It's none other than a key. He pass the letter and the key for me.

"Good luck. He' a really good man" The older guy said before leaving us alone.

We were so confuse by his action.

"Omma, why not we open that letter first?" my daughter suggest.

I nod.  I opened the envelope. My eyes started to get watery just by reading it.

 

From: Jiyong, the mischiveous bbyong!

To: Kim Dayun, The woman that I love <3

Annnyeong,

I bought this house just for us. You know how much I love Gusan right? So I wanna start a family here. I even pick the best location. It got the view that we used to see in high school. So now, you don't have to go and blabbing about how hard it is to reach that place.  I came here every month looking and viewing the area. I saved all my money just to buy this house. 

By the time you got this letter, I was already dead and gone. But I want you to be happy for me that is. Please cheer up.

I love you forever my love. Please live your life and be happy with "our" daughter. :)

 

I opened the door to the house, It took me by suprise when I saw the inside is already fill with furniture. I look at the coffee table, there's a frame of picture of us. I was holding on to Minji while Jiyong was making faces. I giggle. My daughter went straight upstair. I look around the kitchen, the bathroom, the bedroom, and there's a corner that seem like a hideout. I squeeze in the narrow entrance. I enter the empty room and the first thing I notice that the room really had a wide view, the window replace the wall, so you basically can see outside. I turn around to face the wall, my mouth drop into an 'O' shape. The wall was filled with our picture from kindergarten to present. The last picture was taken  a week after the incident. He was holding Minji weakly smiling in front of the camera.

"Omma, come up here! the view is great!" My daughter shout.

I ran upstair, my daughter is standing outside the balcony. I follow her. I look at the view, holding Minji in my arm. 

"This is the view that we used to see my dear" I told her

she was confuse by the statement. Nonetheless she hug me tighter. 

"Thank you Jiyong" I closed my eyes imagined that he's beside me humming the music that he love. Unnoticely, I started to hum the song together.

Cause your love is my love 

and My love is your love

It would take and eternity to break us

And the chains of Amistad Couldn't hold us

 

***END***


Confusing? I thought so, just read it slowly, You'll understand :)

There's an epilogue of this story, let me know if you want them to read them.

Till then. Bye-bye-bye.