001

My Lost Love [Two Shot]

WARNING: Content to many flashback, angst and confusion.

Bus Station-Seoul

"Seoul-Gunsan-si (143)"

I look at the ticket. I am now holding two ticket in my left hand, and my other hand is holding my 6 years old daughter.

"Omma, where are we going?" My daughter suddenly ask

I flashed a smile to her.

"We're going to visit Uncle Jiyong favourite place honey" I explained it to her.She just nodded not wanting to ask more about the place that we will head.

It's quite far, I just hope she's not tired. I sigh. We enter bus 143, the ajjushi check our ticket.

"Allright, hop in." he said

I sit myself beside the window while my daughter sit next to me. It's still early in the morning so she's still sleepy. 

"Sleep on my lap dear." 

She shifted her head resting them on my lap. She's short so her feet doesn't stretch out much disturbing the passanger pathway.I her hair making her doze off quicker. The bus started to rambling meaning the driver trying to ignite the engine, he then sit for a while letting the engine warm up. I look outside the mirror.

"It's like our first trip together again, Jiyong-ah" I thought

Me and Jiyong had a long history with each other. We used to be friend, live in the same neighbourhood, went to the same school, and even sat in the same classes. I knew him since kindergarten, he's such an annoying kid,I really hate him well I hate him until that incident happened.

Flashback*

It's a first day of my elementary school, my mom drop me outside the entrance.

"Take care honey, I'll pick you up after school kay?" My mom said.

I pout by her statement, I'm not ready to be on my own yet.

"Oh come on honey, It's gonna be fun, I guaranteed you'll make a lot of friend" she pat my head.I weakly nodded and turn around to  enter my new school hoping it'll end soon.

My mom drove away leaving me alone. I look around to see a really unfamiliar environment. A tall kid slightly chubby approached me with his friend.

"Hey, give me your lunch box and your lunch money now!" He said

What is this? It's only been my first day of school and this happened! He suddenly grab my lunch box attempting to steal it, I wasn't gonna give it to him easily so I fought for it. His friend help him by pulling me away.

"No..!" I shouted.

"Yah! kangin, Doojoon let her go!" I heard someone shouted at the boys.

They let go of me. I was about to cry when someone hug me.

" Stupid Kim Dayun, why didn't you ran away?" He said

I look up to see a familiar face, I knew by the tone of his voice.

"Yah, Jiyong, you knew this kid?" The tall kid ask

" Yeah, she's my friend, so please don't disturb her guys."

They both look frustrated but then they walk away as if nothing happened.

"Don't cry, you'll look like an idiot in front of the whole school." he broke the hug and look at me.

" Are you alright?" 

I nod.

"That's good, now let's go to the class, we're gonna be late if we sit here" He drag me into the class. Suprisingly we sat in the same class. It's annoying but I'm also relief that I have him to protect me.

------

Recess

I'm still alone, wandering around to find a table or a friend. But it's pretty useless. Everybody have their own table with their people.

"Dayun!" I hear someone shouted my name, I turn my head only to find Jiyong waving at me with his dorky smile.

"Come here!" As much as I don;t want to talk with him, I had to because I basically don't have anyone beside him that I know.He stand up and invite me to seat beside him.

I didn't question much, I just sit beside him eating my lunch.

"So, how was it?" he ask

" How was what?" I gave him a perplex look

" Err... I mean how's class?"

" You're in the same class with me, you idiot!" 

"Right..." 

The atmosphere suddenly became awkward.

"Dayun."

"Herm.." I hum at him cause I'm still eating my food.

"Can we become friend?" My eyes widen by his statement.

"Aren't we friend already jiyong? don't make a weird question please." I nonchalantly said.

"ah, yeah, I thought you don't want to be my friend after what I did to you in kindergarten." He sheepishly smile

Yes, the Kwon Jiyong here did something to me when we were in kindergarten. It was the last year of pre, I remember freaking out seeing a frog in my shoes, It's all because of his fault. How did I knew it was him? Well, let say he got busted when he was laughing histerically. Our teacher knew him pretty well, playing pranks everywhere, and especially to me. They discovered a missing frog from the tank.They also did a check up on our cleaning schedule and it turn out he's the last one to clean up the class. I started to ignore him and giving him a glare since then but strangely I never hate him, just annoyed, that's all.

" Nah, I forgive you!" I smile at him

He smile back, wiping his hand clean with a tissue, he then offer me a handshake.

"Friend?" he ask

" Best friend forever?" I asked him back. I don't really know why that word came out from my mouth but maybe having him as my bff won't be a big matter.He contemplated for a while.

"You bet!" We shake our hands vigorously.

Flashback end*

My daughter is still sleeping. The bus pass the open vast ocean. I look at it immediatly my mind triggered to High School.

Flashback**

The number you have dialled is out of service. Please try again.

Urgh.. Kwon Jiyong, where are you?! I thought loudly. I close my phone put them back in my pocket.

It's Thursday, we're having an important mid test today and I don't see Jiyong picking me up by my house today so I walked to school alone. I stumble with his friend Hyunseung.

"Hey Hyunseung, did you by any chance meet Jiyong today?" I asked him.

"Herm, yeah. He said he's going to a bus station. Do you know where he's going?"

"Oh, thanks Hyunseung, nope I don't have any idea what so ever, I gotta go, see you later." I bid goodbye and ran quickly to the bus station, luckily it's not that far away from the place I was standing before. I look around to see the person who looks like him.

It's been merely 5 minute and I finally spotted the person that I've been looking. I ran to him hurriedly.

"Yah..huh..huh.. where are you going?" I said panting.

He look at me blankly and gave me the ticket that he was holding earlier. I look at them. Gunsan?

"Yah! Why are you going there?" I ask obviously confuse by his action.

"Let's run away" He smiled. My eyes widen.

"Why so sudden? Yah, didn't you know we are having an important test today?" I shot him a question. He frown.

"I know.....that' why I bought two."

"huh?"

He pout.

"And I though we're suppose to best friend forever~" He said it while making his eyes big.

"What? No way! I'm not going with you." I turn around ready to run away in case he's going to chase me. But to my suprise, he didn't even get up from his seat. He take a big sigh.

I sigh surrender to his invitation. I sat beside him. We both stayed silent. I thought he was really mad at me cause he doesn't even open his mouth along the trip.

We finally arrive at Gunsan. It's pretty rural town area, all the people seems so nice and welcoming. Jiyong hold my hand and drag me with him.

"Jiyong-ah, where are we going?"

*silent

He keep dragging me, I was so fed up by just following him so I snap my hand from his grip. He was taken aback at first but then he keep walking again, leaving me behind. This time I followed him without any question, I figured he'll explode if I did. We were so deep into the forest, I feel so scared that I end up grabbing Jiyong arm. Suddenly he stop, my eyes were still looking at the back of the forest scared that some animal might pop up from nowhere. He let go of my hand and sit on the ground. He look at the front with that blank face. I turn to see a vast ocean in front of me. I sit myself beside him.

It's been 2 hours since we last talked.

" My dad passed away..." He broke the silence.

Flashback End**

Since that day happened, he open up to me more.  Talking about his family, his crush, his dream and I will be his good listener, listening to every story that he's about to tell. We flopped the test, but I guess It was worthed, I can see he's a little relief after that long trip.

" My dad was my friend, I used to tell him my story. Now I don't have anyone to share my feeling with"

I look at my daughter who's sleeping soundly.

"And now my daughter have me" I whisper to myself

The trip to Gunsan take 4 hours, we have 3 hours left before we reach our destination. I look around to see an old couple sitting across us.

"Gee, they look happy.."  

I frown remembering the marriage that suppose to "last forever."

**TO BE CONTINUE**


Boy, this story have so much of flashback. (LOL)

I hope you're not boring with chapter starter.

I'm hoping for a response until I post the second and the last chapter.