Epilogue

My Lost Love [Two Shot]

Gunsan-si/Saturday

(BGM:Part of the list- Neyo)

I woke up on the king size bed feeling a little strange. I've never sleep in this kind of bed before, I even persuaded Minji to sleep with me last night but she rejected me after she saw her own room. I was sleeping on a fetal position making myself look smaller on the bed. I slowly opened my eyes to find Jiyong sleeping soundly on the other side of the bed. I smiled. I feel the urge to touch his face so I stretch out my arm only to see him dissapear into the light.

I sigh.

"He's not with us anymore" I thought rubbing the other side of the bed feeling the emptiness.

Style of your hair

shape of your eyes and your nose

The way you stare

as if you see right through to my soul.

I woke Minji up to have a breakfast and since today is Saturday I even let her sleep in for a couple more hours after meals. I cleaned the mess and make myself a cup of coffee. I started to make myself comfortable around the house especially at the "hideout" place. I sit in the hideout for half an hour now reminisce the memory I had with Jiyong. I look out the window to see the same vast ocean that we used to stare. Remembering the time that you drag me across the town just to reach your favourite place.

It's your left hand and the way

that it's quite big as your right

the way you stand in the mirror

before we go out at night

our quiet time

your beautiful mind

" I wonder why didn't he put any furniture here?" I thought looking around the room to find a big and empty space. The only thing that fill the room here is only our picture on the wall.

"Omma!" My daughter shout, she squeeze herself into the room.

"What's wrong dear?" I asked

She the lend me a shoe box and It's written my name on it.

"What is this?" 

Minji just shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm still sleepy omma, can I sleep in more?" She ask.

I nodded and smile to her request.

"But before that, where did you found this box?"

"Ah, I found it last night under my bed. it's written your name on it, I was about to ask you but I'm too sleepy to even talk." She giggle.

I nod, after that she squeeze herself out of the room.

I opened the box to find a pile of letters that;s written my name on it. I rumble through them one by one. The letter took me back to our high school year. The last letter dated 2 days before he passed away.

"So I see you found the letter there Miss Dayun?" I was shocked by the voice. I look up to see Dr. Young Bae standing by the narrow door.

"Y-yes" I stuttered.

"How did you got in?" I ask

"I have the spare key" He said while showing me the key.

He walk pass me and sit beside. He told me that Jiyong is close friend his. He knew Jiyong since they both enrolled in the special force programme. 

"So, you're not a doctor?" He giggles

"Of course I am a doctor you silly, I was there for the special course for doctors"

He then proceed to explain that there are 2 part of the special course, once the individual training were complete, they were assigned to be a private doctor or what they said "private eye" to the dedicated disguise cop. That's when he started to know Jiyong.

"Jiyong told me all about you..."He said

Suddenly he took the shoe box from me and rumble through it.

"Ah..here you go" he lend me the envelope.

I opened the letter and saw a few picture of him drawing, knitting and sewing.

"That;s the picture of him making your wedding gown.."He explained

"3 weeks before your wedding he called me to come over and help him, I was suprise by his sudden invintation though. I came to his house, and he started to shove a lot of fabric to me.."

I look at the picture while he's explaining. Suddenly,he took one of Jiyong picture trying to get a thread into the needle hole. He smiled.

"Herm.. I think this picture is funny.." He exclaimed

"Jiyong thought I'm good at sewing just because I used to sew peoples cut. He asked me if I can sew the gown with him..." He giggles

"I told him that I don't know anything about it. So after that, he started to go online studying about sewing and designing. In the end.." He took out another picture from the envelope.

"He created this..." and shows me the picture of my wedding gown. He then took the picture and arrange it from the start of the process until it became the great gown.

"Notice these pictures..?" he ask. I gave him a perplex look.

"His smile never fade" 

They're all part of the list, things that I miss

Things like your funny little laugh

or the way you smile, or the way we kiss.

"Jiyong really-really-really love you so much Miss Dayun...."

He then took a bunch of the letter out and gave it to me. He told me to read it out.

Letter #1

I think I love you Kim Dayun. My heart won't listen to my mind anymore. Why does it has to be you? Today I enrolled myself in the cop programme. I hope you can cheer me up. I will always miss you. Please miss me too.

Letter #2

Did you enjoy the view today Dayun? I brought you to my secret place so you also can come here anytime you have a broken heart. I told my dad about you and he said I need to confess soon. My dad is my only friend who understand me, and now that I don;t have him, I need you to be by my side. Will you be by my side forever?

Letter #3

I graduated from the course today and planning to come home soon. I'm going to propose you soon. Please wait for me. I love you, I really do. Please take care of yourself.

Letter #4

Why am I here again? Why am I at Gusan again? Why didn't you wait for me? Why did you agree to your dad? Dayun, don't you have any feelings for me? Am I delusional to think that you love me?

My eyes feel damp after reading the last letter. There were smudged on it.

"He said, he was crying when he wrote this letter.." the doctor said while pointing at the forth letter.

What I noticed is this

I come with something new

Every single time that I sit and reminisce

I didn't get to read the other letter from the past as Dr Young Bae passed me the letter from the time Jiyong brought me into his house.

"These are his last letters.." He passed me a stack of  them

I scan around to see the letter that dated a week after I live in his house.

It's fun having you around again. It feels comfortable and relax. My heart never change for you, I always feel love when you with me. I found you sleeping on the sofa this morning so I carried you into my room. It's far more comfortable. And no, we didn't do anything. It's really funny when you woke up with that shocking face of yours. ^*^ Let;s do it again!

---

I am blushing pretty hard just now, you just jump on to my bed and lie right next to me. Luckily I controlled myself :) It's really nice to able catching up with you again after a dinasty. Now I realize how much I missed you. 

----

They way your sweet smell

Lingers when you leave the room

Stories you tell as we lay in bed all afternoon

Hey, I just bought the house that I choose just for us. Please anticipate it. I knew you're gonna love it or at least make it grow. kekek.It's located near our favourite hideout.

---

I dreamed you now every night,

In my mind is where we meet

And when I'm awake staring at the picture of you sleep

Touching your face 

Invading you space.

"Wanna know why this room doesn't have any furniture?" He ask

I nod out of curiousity.

" He always ask me to tag along when he want to go to Gusan, and everytime we came here, he will always go to the specific place..."

"He said that the place is the place when he realized his loved for the girl that he long..and he want to keep that memories, so when he bought this house, he design a few pathway, that you Kim Dayun, only knew~.."

"There's no furniture here because he want you to just feel his warmth, to feel his presence..." He explained.

He look back at the shoe box and started to search like crazy until he found a small card written "Good Luck" on it.

He gave the letter to me and It says

"You may not feel my warmth or my presence today, but I hope Minji will fill that hole for me. :)"

And you live in my memories

forever more I swear

And you live in my memories

forever more I swear..

He look at the picture on the wall and started to point at last photo.

"I took that picture. It's his last request, he said to put it in a frame and hang it up here..."

"He told me, he want you to see him smile even until the last picture was taken.." 

I was still in shocked by all this. I can't even swallow the information.

"So I guess this is it.."He said

"I leave you now miss Kim, please take care of yourself. If you need something just call me. I put my number on the fridge" and started to walk out of the room.

I stood up from my position and approache dthe last photo on the wall, I the frame gently looking at his smiley face. The frame come crushing down to the floor. I slowly sit to pick up the glasses, I took the picture first staring at his last smile. I turn the picture around and suprise by the word written on it.

"Don't be sad my love. I will always be with you. Please smile for me. I put our happiest moment in this room. If you feel sad, come to this room and look around. I can guarantee you will smile again. :)"

I smiled.

They;re all part of the list things that I missed

Things like your funny little smile

or the way you laugh or the way we kissed.

 

*END*


What a lame ending to a great epilogue. lol.Just kidding.

Well thank you for reading this fic and supporting it.

Oh, and I need a feedback from you readers. Please don't be silent. I need encouragement.LOL.

Till then. Bye-Bye-bye