Review 2

The Flaming Winter

Title: The Flaming Winter
Author: Pararae
Reviewer: Keemirain

Appearance (Poster, BG, font etc.) : 3/10
Well, I guess I can relate the poster with the storyline. I won't say much about it because you I can't really point my finger at you and it would be rude to condemn someone for something she/he didn't do.

Title: 2/5
I could't really relate to the whole story; it was winter at the time and the girl had just lost everything. Winter had become her friend but the memories were scorching. Is that it?

Forewords (Introduction): 1/10
There was basically nothing to say in the forewords. No previews whatsoever, nothing really relevant to the story. It's more of an authors note than anything.

Characters (Description): 4/10
I could link myself to everyone but I will not say that your characters are defined. The appearance descriptions were okay but you could've done better. Your characters, I feel, somehow, they lack personality. Of course, I can see their emotions through their actions but I cannot relate those emotions with their personality. For all I know, the distressed pair could be somewhat a loving one some time ago and their daughter was loved something along those lines.

Creativity (The Plot): 8/15
To be honest, I was a bit confused by everything. I placed the pieces of the story by myself, by analyzing your story; this is bad. YOU should be able to TELL ME what happened, YOU should be able to unravel the plot with YOUR writing. Your writing style overwhelmed the whole plot, thus making it a bit cloudy in my eyes. It is not that rare to read sad stories with these kind of plots but I like the hanging ending.

Writing Style: 7/15
Like I said, your writing style is overwhelming. I know you can write well and different people, if polished, can own different writing styles. This is a one-shot and you kind of left out details that are essential to the story, to which you try covering up with your writing style and vocabulary. In this case, you befuddled and distorted the original flow. I love your descriptions and everything but don't overdo it if you can help it.

Flow: 7/15
Jumpy at some parts, more or less understandable at one point.

Spelling/Grammar: 5/10
I really didn't expect to find any grammars at all so I was quite shocked with my discoveries. There were quite a handful of grammatical errors, such as misplaced prepositions, missing conjunctions and wrong usage of grammar rules. I don't think there were any spelling errors.

I would list the errors but then I will feel compelled to re-write everything. I apologize.

Overall Story/Enjoyment: 3/10
At a normal rate, I usually enjoy elaborated descriptions but I couldn't stand the grammatical errors and mistakes. Your writing style, again, overwhelmed me and my mind kind of broke a fuse or something. So I'm sorry; I did not really enjoy this article.

Total: 40/100
---
Thanks for the review...