Now What?

Color My UKISS!! - A UKISS - Rainbow Brite Crossover

The nine of them watched until Rainbow and the others were out of sight. Turning to each other, the reality of the situation set in. Kevin's eyes widened and he plopped to the ground. "We're...we're really doing this..."

Kiseop nodded and fell down next to him. "We are."

Soohyun looked around at the now stunned and dazed boys before looking at Sparkle helplessly. The sprite smiled before emitting an adorable giggle. "Don't worry, Rainbow Soohyun. I'll tell you what you need to know." She turned to the sprites, squeaking in a language none of them could understand. The sprites nodded and moved toward their respective 'Color Kids'.

"Come on, Kibum Blue. Up we go." Winner's deep voice surprised Kibum, and he stood as the sprite pushed on his back.

"Kevin O'Green, we can't wait around." Shamrock tugged at Kevin's hands.

"Alexander Yellow, stop looking so glum! Brightness is the way to go!" Jolt smiled as she danced around, trying to pick up Xander's mood.

"Red Kiseop, don't be a coward! Let's go!" Don Juan kicked Kiseop in the legs until he stood up.

Zest tugged at Hoon's coat. "You're okay, right Hoon Orange?"

Gypsy looked up at AJ, debating on saying anything. "You seem calm, Indigo." AJ just looked at him and nodded.

Dongho stopped Bookworm before she could even speak. "I'm fine." He looked at her and noticed how shy she was. He smiled and knelt down to her level. "Thank you, though." She looked up and smiled back, moving to his side as he stood up.

Soohyun turned to Sparkle. "Um...why did that sound like a bunch of squeaking?"

Sparkle giggled again. "Each color sprite can only be understood by their color kid. So, only Kevin can understand the green sprites, Kiseop can understand the red ones, and so on. I can be understood by everyone, or, if you want, only you."

Soohyun nodded and looked around as everyone begrudgingly stood. "Now what?"

Sparkle smiled. "Now, we show you around. We still have about a week or so before we have to start working, seeing as Rainbow and the Kids just brightened everything." She took Soohyun's hand. "First, we'll show you Rainbow Falls. That's where the Color Mine is. It makes the most sense to start with the Star Sprinkles." All the other sprites took the hand of their Kid, and the group started walking.

~~

The boys stood gaping at Rainbow Falls. True to its name, the water from the falls was a rainbow, deep and rich, the colors never seeming to blend. The sprites giggled, but let them watch for a bit before pulling them toward the mine. Sparkle started explaining.

"Alright. In this mine are things called Color Crystals." She reached into one of the carts and pulled out a raw indigo crystal. "These are what Star Sprinkles are made of." She put the crystal back before leading them down the tracks a little bit away from the mine. "Here, the smithy sprites turn the raw crystals into Star Sprinkles." They watched for a bit as a raw blue crystal went from the mine cart, onto the anvil, then into another mine cart on a track behind the smithy sprites, now shaped into about a dozen blue Star Sprinkles. Sparkle pointed at the cart behind the smithy. "Usually, we have sorter sprites that will sort your Star Sprinkles for you. But, since the seasons are changing on a couple of our worlds, we've pulled them to the mine and the smithy so we're sure to have enough. Sorting them will help relax you, anyway." She smiled before moving behind the group, waving at them to turn around.

From up on the mountain, they could see all of Rainbow Land spread out before them. Sparkle pointed to the areas of color beyond the Color Castle. "Those are your individual Color Lands. We sleep, of course, but bringing color to the world takes quite a bit out of you that even sleep can't recover. You'll want to spend some time in your Color Land at least every other day. Also, that's where you can practice with your Star Sprinkles. There are different shades of every color, so being able to learn how to lighten or deepen the shades is important. The sprites will help you with that." She indicated toward a large lake in the center of the lands. "Now, some colors require you to mix your colors with one or more other colors. The banks of the lake are where you go to practice that. You'll definitely want to do that before we start work." She looked back to make sure that the boys were understanding everything. "Any questions so far?" 

AJ nodded. "In the carts I saw white Star Sprinkles. What are they for?"

Sparkle nodded. "Good question. Those are for Rainbow. They can help blend colors, add sparkle, or remove colors, if need be."

They boys nodded and Sparkle smiled. "Alright, now, back to the castle. I need to show you the computers."

~~

Back at the castle, Sparkle led them to a large room with eight computers sitting in a circle, situated so that the user faced the inside of the circle. Each was a different color, including a white one with a rainbow on it. Sparkle turned back to the Kids. "Now, these are our computers. They tell each Kid how the colors are on the worlds, and give an indication when the specific color needs brightened. They also give an estimate as to how long it will be before other areas need it." She pointed to the backs of the computers. Coming from the backs of each computer were thick cables, each with their respective colors, meeting in the center before twisting around each other and rising to the roof. "Those are attached to the star on the top of the Castle. Should there be any kind of color emergency, the star will start to glow brightly in the color or colors needed." She turned to Soohyun, switching so only he could understand her.. "Your computer, however, is different. Yours keeps an eye on Murky and Lurky, as well as other Color Leaders and Dark Kids. If anyone threatens any of our worlds, or there's another kind of emergency involving this, the star will shine rainbows all over Rainbow Land, and a siren will sound. This is important. You nine might need to battle. Don't worry though. We'll show you what to do once we get you comfortable with the rest of the job." She switched back to common. "Now, the sprites will show you to your respective rooms, and then you'll be free to do as you please, be it sorting Star Sprinkles, exploring your Color Lands, or just wandering about. The kitchen is downstairs; the sprites will show you when you're ready. Same with the washroom and other rooms of the castle, like the library and the gym." She smiled and bowed. "Welcome, Rainbow Soohyun and the Color UKISS."