Color Assignment, the Sprites, and the Kids' Farewell

Color My UKISS!! - A UKISS - Rainbow Brite Crossover

 

               The doors opened and they all stepped out.

                “If I hear one single word out of any of you, I’ll disembowel you in your sleep,” said AJ as he exited the indigo door. He was clad in an indigo tunic with sheer puffy sleeves, an indigo belt, and slightly sheer puffy pants, looking like he stepped out of Arabian Nights. He had a pair of indigo sandals on his feet and his hair was indigo.

                “This isn’t horrible, I suppose,” said Hoon, coming out of the orange door. He had on orange skinny pants, an orange belt, and a large orange coat that reached to the floor and opened in front, revealing his legs. A pair of orange sandals sat on his feet. His hair was a dark orange, and a bright orange beret sat on his head.

                “This could be worse,” said Eli, walking out of a white door. He had a long sleeve white dress shirt, white pants and a white cape with rainbow feathers at the end. His boots were white and his hair was every color of the rainbow.

                “Don’t look at me…” whimpered Xander as he came out of the yellow door. He wore a yellow long sleeved leotard, yellow belt, yellow tights, thigh-high yellow leg warmers and yellow ballet slippers. His hair was as bright as the rest of him.

                “There will be retribution for this,” growled Dongho, stepping out of the violet door. He wore a long sleeved violet shirt and violet shorts that reached mid-thigh. A pair of large, round violet framed glasses rested on his nose, and a violet belt sat at his waist. He had a pair of violet knee socks and violet loafers. His hair matched.

                “I think I may have come out the best,” said Kiseop as he sauntered out of the red door. He wore a red jacket, red straight leg pants, a red belt, and a red cape. His boots were red and his already red hair was a bit brighter.

                “I think I’m going to cry,” said Kevin as he walked out of the green door. He wore a green long sleeved shirt, but his was a bit longer, falling almost to mid-thigh and a green belt on his hips. It didn’t hide that he was wearing a pair of very short white shorts with green shamrocks on them, however. His boots were green and his now green hair fell over his eyes.

                “I’m going to kill someone. There’s no getting away from this,” muttered Kibum as he left the blue door. He wore a long sleeved blue shirt, short blue running shorts over blue tights, a blue belt, blue sneakers with white and blue socks, and a sweatband on his forehead. His hair was a vibrant blue.

                “I’m not certain I can wear this with dignity,” whispered Soohyun, coming from the rainbow colored door. He had a dark blue long sleeve shirt on, with rings of color going up both sleeves. A pair of blue shorts fell to mid-thigh, held by red suspenders over the shirt. His boots reached to the knee, rings of color matching his sleeves going up them. A belt with a star and a rainbow on it was on his waist, and a purple star (birthmark? Tattoo?) on his cheek just below his left eye.

                The nine of them looked around the room at themselves and each other for a few seconds. Then, Xander pointed to Soohyun and began giggling madly. Kibum took one look at Xander and fell on the floor, laughing maniacally. Pretty soon, everyone in the room was laughing. Random sentences flew around, mixed with the laughter.

“Kevin, you do realize that’s a dress?”

“Xander, I didn’t know you took ballet!”

“The cape! It’s Super Kiseop!”

“Only fitting that the pigeon have feathers, right Eli?”

“Hey Hoon! Can I get a croissant and a crepe before you start into bad poetry?”

“Kibum, I think you’re supposed to shave your legs before you wear shorts that short.”

“Look! Dongho’s trying to crossdress again.”

“AJ! Where’s your flying carpet?”

Kibum sat up from where he’d fallen over after a couple of minutes and wiped his eyes. “Oh, thank goodness there aren’t any cameras. We’d never live this down.”

                Everyone else calmed down as well, and Rainbow smiled. “Well then, I think it’s time you met your sprites.” She led the way out of the room and into the large common area of the castle. There, 16 small furry creatures looked at them. Each pair was a different color, with one pair being white with rainbow colored arms and legs. “These are the sprites. Now, each Kid can communicate with their own color sprites. and Sparkle,” she indicated the white sprites, “Can talk to anyone. We’re taking the main sprites with us, so the second-in-commands will take over.” She looked at the kids.

                Red Butler stepped forward. “Kiseop, these are Romeo and Don Juan. Don Juan will be your sprite.”

                LaLa Orange moved to the orange sprites. “These are O.J. and Zest. Hoon, you’ll be working with Zest.”

                Canary Yellow stepped in. “Xander, meet Spark and Jolt. Jolt, this is Xander. Mind him well.”

                Patty O’Green skipped to her sprites. “This is Lucky, and this is Shamrock. Shamrock’ll help you out, Kevin.”

                Buddy Blue smiled at the blue sprites. “Champ, Winner, meet Kibum. Winner, take care of him, will ya?”

                Indigo slid behind her sprites. “This is Hammy and this is Gypsy. AJ, Gypsy will be your sprite.”

                Shy Violet indicated the violet sprites. “Dongho, may I introduce I.Q. and Bookworm. You’ll be working with Bookworm.”

                Rainbow pointed at the two white sprites. “Soohyun, this is , my sprite. And this is Sparkle, your sprite.”

                Starlight turned to Eli. “We don’t need sprites. Now, to morph into your animal form, just grab the edges of your cape and spread it out. That’s all you need to know.”

                Rainbow clapped her hands. “Now, here’re the basics. Use the star sprinkles to make color in the world. You each have your own color, and mixing them makes other colors. The white ones are for Soohyun. They help change the colors and also help you get colors out if need be. Remember, these powers are based on light, so the primaries are blue, red and green, not yellow. Play around with them and you’ll figure it out. Now, we need to leave.”

                The UKISS members followed the Kids out of the castle, where Starlight regained his horse form and allowed himself to be hitched to the chariot. Rainbow jumped onto his back and the Color Kids piled into the carriage. Rainbow waved Soohyun over.

                “Now, Soohyun, don’t underestimate Murky and Lurky. Murky may seem to have horrible luck, and Lurky is a side dish missing the rest of the picnic, but they’ve fought off their share of attacks too. Murky’s smarter than he seems, and Lurky may be an idiot, but he’s fiercely loyal to Murky. Beware of them. And be careful of other Color Leaders. Most of them are fine, but there are some who’d love to take Rainbow Land from us. Be wary. You’re the leader, now. Lead them well.”

                With that, Starlight took to the sky, bearing the now serious looking Color Kids off to battle.

 

[For those of you that are too young to remember Rainbow Brite (or have never heard of it) THIS:THIS 

is what the unfortunate members of UKISS are now wearing. Skirts are shorts, except in the case of Kevin. Yeah, imagine UKISS in those get-ups and try to keep a straight face.]