Back To Life

Superhuman 2

Kai slept on Eunju’s bed after Hermes came over to clean him up. The warmth and comfort was strange to him as he never experienced it for such a long time. Going through such hardships made him forget what it feels like to lay on a soft bed, being warm under a blanket, and smelling mint on your hair after taking a shower. ‘If this is a dream then I don’t wish to wake up.’ he thought. He pulled the blanket over his head to enjoy the luxury and flipped over on his stomach. The aroma of lavender that lingered on the pillow was familiar to him. He sniffed it once again and flashbacks started to play. He sat in a cliff waiting for the sun to set when a girl joined him. She leaned her head to his chest while he placed his arm around her shoulder. He her long black hair and kissed it after. Then the girl lifted her head to meet his eyes and smiled at him.

His eyes shot wide open after seeing her face again and realized it is not a dream after all. He got out of bed and noticed how he changed when he passed by a mirror. He now wears a white V neck shirt paired with a blue pajama and got a clean haircut that showed his handsome yet thin face. Kai slowly walked down the staircase and saw Eunju lying on a fetal position on the couch while clutching Stitch. ‘Is she the owner of this house?’ he wondered. ‘Who is she?’ he questioned as her back faces him. ‘Why did she knock me out last night? Was she planning to hand me over to the government?’ he thought. He felt vulnerable although she does not seem to be dangerous but he can’t risk it.

Just as he was about to make his way out of the window, Stitch fell out of Eunju’s hands after she flipped on the other side, now facing him. Kai stood frozen while his heart raced looking down on her. She was beautiful as ever when she sleeps and her distinct features gave it all away. ‘That’s Eunju… Kwon Eunju…’ His knees became weak while his hands started to shake. Kai moved away from her as he is confused at what is happening. Both hands are clasped together behind his neck and looked up at the ceiling while pacing. His mind became blurry. He was supposed to be mad at her for deceiving him that she died but he can’t. She was his strength at the lowest point in his life. He can’t hate her now that she is alive after all.

Kai walked back to her and sat on a space beside her. His lips arched upwards as he caressed her face. He took his time staring at her until she woke. She was surprised to see him looking down at her with his charming smile. A smile that melts a lonely heart is just what she needed. He leaned closer and planted a kiss on her forehead.

“I miss you so much that it comes to a point that I'm dying coz I can't feel you or touch you. But I'm happy coz the more I'm hurt missing you, the longer I fight to live. Please don’t disappear again. I beg you!” he said.

Eunju wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer for a hug. “I promise! I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay. You’re here now, that’s all I care.”

“Are you hungry?” Kai pulled away from the hug and nodded. “Stay here then. I’ll prepare breakfast.”

He watched her move around the small kitchen and could not help but fall for her even more. Since they were kids, Kai endured a one sided love for Eunju. He has always been her best friend but for him, she is more than that and was just too scared to confess until he ran away. They drifted apart but his feelings remained.

‘It’s hard to find words to tell you how much you mean to me. I don’t say anything at all but I hope someday, you’ll understand, having you is what I live for.’