Where Is Kai?

Superhuman 2

Snakes decreased in number after Eunju finished rounding up Block B and Infinite. But with all the commotion happening on the south side of the country, Central City has remained to be unshaken but still dying. It’s always dark, misty and gloomy. Trees have lost the will to live while houses are almost empty as people die every day. Elites roamed the streets as if nothing is going on trailed by a couple of hooded slaves. Beggars nestled in the alleys waiting by the dumpsters to fill up so they can search for food.

Cronus stayed in the confines of his fortress protected by walls around him. After scouring the country, he managed to gather a group of half-breeds by force including his own son and called them “Beast”. He feeds them spoonfuls of his diabolic schemes and bribes with anything they wish for.

Doojoon is the leader and eldest, a telekinetic who can manipulate and control objects with his mind. He is the coldest and most violent for he has to live up to the expectations of his father. Hyunseung is a shapeshifter. His parents were killed after he refused to join the faction. He is the silent among all of them and prefers to be alone most of the time. Yoseob who appears to be the approachable and friendly type, wears a pair of gloves to control his power. He has the ability to absorb anyone’s strength with just a touch which weakens his opponent in just a matter of seconds. Lastly, Kikwang can create ice in the palm of his hands. He can use it as a weapon or freeze his enemy if he touches them too long. These boys are pretty much harmless but if Cronus persuades them, they can be deadly. They go around Central City taking money from people and kill them to strike fear.

As they ruled the streets, someone from their own kind stalked and watched them. Kai did everything he could however weak and worn out he is so he can use their weaknesses when fighting them. Luck has always been on his side as he avoided arrests a lot of times already. A brush with death has not stopped him as well after Beast caught him snooping way too close in Cronus’ headquarters.

After so much pleadings and arguments, they all finally decided to let Eunju stay in the city to look for Kai alone while Keiko was forced to stay in their house to help the boys regain their strength for an upcoming mission. Hermes secured a small studio apartment which combines living room, bedroom, and kitchen into a single room for her to stay in. It’s not as elegant as her house but having a warm place at night filled with food is a privilege. He also gave her all the information she needs on how to get around.

“If you need anything, you know how to reach me right?” he asked after they finished cleaning.

“Neh! Komawo!” she said.

“By the way, always lock the door and close the window… I’ll go ahead.” Hermes added.

“I will… Take care!”

Eunju plopped on the couch after he left and looked at the four corners of the room. The kitchen is just a few meters away from where she is while a staircase stood beside it that leads to her bed. Her new place is cramped but the furniture’s are well arranged still maintaining a cozy vibe. Exhaustion overcame her when her lids became heavy and fell asleep.

 

 

---------------

I included four members of Beast only and I have nothing against them. Their group name just fits the story. Kekeke ^^ LOL~