Reunited

Superhuman 2

It’s been an hour already since Eunju got separated from the group. Keiko kept pacing as the night got darker and colder while Zico and Sunggyu sat on the couch and shared her agony. They suddenly heard a soft knock on the door and she hurriedly peeked through the window.

Eunju fell on Keiko’s arms after she opened the door clutching her belly with three darts stuck in it. She carefully laid her on the couch groaning in pain after the boys stood. As she pulled out the darts, blood oozed out like waterfalls, Eunju’s eyes fluttered and started to convulsed while breathing heavily.

“! Sis, stay with me…” Keiko said while Eunju’s face.

“What’s happening?” worried Sunggyu while holding her hand.

“She’s been poisoned by those darts…” Keiko searched through her backpack and took out a syringe. She stuck it on Eunju’s arm making her breathe normally right away. “I have to take her home. I don’t have the antidote with me!”

“Can I come with you?” asked Sunggyu.

“I’m sorry but maybe some other time.” Keiko covered her wound and wrapped her in a blanket. She slowly carried Eunju bridal style walking to the door.

“Save her…” Sunggyu said.

“I will! Don’t worry!” she replied. Zico and Sunggyu watched her through the window as she flew away. They both know that Eunju can survive anything but seeing her in pain after risking her life is what driving them insane.

Eunju woke up the following day around noon. Her eyes shot wide open after smelling a sweet and indulging aroma. She forced herself to get out of bed even if her whole body is numb, feeling nauseous, dehydrated, physically drained and with a slamming headache. Keiko who was busy preparing lunch laughed upon seeing her walk a few steps of stairs to the kitchen, looking like a ghost while dragging Stitch. She placed it on her lap after sitting on one of the high chairs. Keiko handed her a plate full of food; fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes and veggies.

“Thanks. I think I’m gonna need a refill. I’m so hungry.” she croaked while half asleep.

“Don’t worry I made a lot. How are you feeling?” Keiko asked.

“I feel like !” Eunju complained and started to eat.

“Good! That means you’ll be better… What happened by the way?” she then placed the darts beside her plate.

Eunju stared at it for a second and looked away. “Those bastards played dirty. I underestimated them but I still managed to whooped there asses.”

“Be careful next time okay? Especially when I’m not around to watch your back.”

“I will…”

Just as Eunju was about to take another bite, someone hugged her from behind. “Eunju-ah! I can’t believe you’re here!” She looked down on her belly and knew that the skinny arms belong to Sungjong. Block B and Infinite are already in her house but since she was too distracted to the smell of food, she was not able to notice them when she passed the living room.

Eunju turned to hug him as well. “You’re here? How did you get…” before she can continue the rest of Infinite and Block B showed up.

“Keiko and Iris noona took turns in flying us here. The basement is cramped already… I miss you so much Eunju!”

“I miss you too. Are you okay?” she asked after cupping his face as if checking for injuries.

“I’m okay. I should be the one asking you that.”

“Well… Those darts are a pain the but I’ll get by.”

Ukwon walked towards them and sat on the chair beside her. “Eunju-ah, your house is like heaven on earth. I didn’t know you can build one in this part of the world.”

“Thanks to my dad, of course!” she beamed and continued eating. “By the way, stay away from the maze and the sea if you don’t wanna be blown into pieces.”

“How are we supposed to go out then?” Hoya asked.

“After all you went through, you still wanna venture out? You’re stubborn oppa…”

“But I want to help those who are hungry, those who doesn’t have a roof over their heads, those who are beaten...” he added and the room became serious.

Eunju turned again to face all of them. “Look… I know all of you want to do the same but leave that to me and Keiko. Y’all just escaped hell. Let it cool, relax for a bit. We’ll get there okay?” she told them.

“We can’t just let two girls go out there and risk everything. Look what happened yesterday!” Taeil protested.

Keiko sensed an argument is about to erupt so she interrupted them. “Guys, let Eunju rest for now. Let’s talk about that later.” and they all retreated back to the living room except for Sunggyu who took the seat where Ukwon sat. “I’ll leave you two then.” Keiko added.

Sunggyu watched her eat and he could not help but stare at her face that he missed for a long time. Her distinctive blue eyes, long and dark lashes, flawless jawline, skin that glowed with the light. He could not believe that the person he thought was dead is now right in front him. A million thoughts ran through his mind but don’t know how to start.

“Oppa, you’re making me uncomfortable.”

“Miahne. I just can’t believe you’re in front of me now, living, breathing, eating…”

Eunju set Stitch aside and stood. She closed the gap between them wrapping her arms around his neck for a hug. “I’m sorry for everything. I hope you forgive me.” And for him, her warm embrace is all it took. Sunggyu hugged her tighter and sunk his face in her neck. “Oh God, I miss you so much. When they told me you died, my world fell apart. I lost the strength to even try to breathe… I will never let you go again.”

“Oppa… I can’t promise you the same thing but if it does happen, be strong and keep on living. You have brothers who look up to you. They need you…”

Sunggyu pulled away from the hug and held her face. “I’m not gonna let that happen… I can’t bear loosing you again.” Eunju suddenly snorted while looking at him.

“Ya! I’m being serious right here, yet you still manage to laugh?” he pouted.

“Sorry… I can’t help it! You’re so adorable!” with a pinch on his cheeks.

“Aish! Come here!” Sunggyu pulled her again and they hugged.