Complicated

Superhuman 2

Back home, Keiko noticed Sunggyu grow weary. He would sometimes space out while they all eat together, spends most of his time on the rooftop looking at the garden maze as if waiting for someone to come out,  and wakes up in the middle of the night every time he hears the door open when Iris drops by. Jay mentioned to her before that one of them have strong feelings for Eunju but failed to drop a name and as days goes by, Keiko knows who. She approached Sunggyu when he was on the rooftop leaning in front of the railings. “Konnichiwa Sunggyu-kun…”

“Oh, hi Keiko!” he greeted back with a forced smile.

“Are you okay? You seem down after Eunju-chan left.”

He was caught off guard at her sudden inquiry. It’s as if she read his mind but feels shy to talk about it. “I-Im okay.” he stuttered.

“You should let it out, y’know. It’s not healthy to keep it to yourself.” she added.

Sunggyu heaved a sigh and decided to open up. “I can’t stop thinking about Eunju. Ever since she came back, I promised myself I would never let her out of my sight. But look what happened?” and raised his arms in the air out of frustration.

“Do you like her?”

“No, because I love her! I told her about if before but she was scared to get hurt again after Kai left.” he then breathes out a huge air puffing his cheeks while looking out at the scenery.

Keiko moved closer to him and patted his shoulder. “Sometimes when you love someone very much, you’d have to go through every heartache and pain. Coz in the end, it’s not how much you suffered but how you loved. Hang in there and stop worrying too much. Eunju can take care of herself.”

Sunggyu finally smiled after hearing her comforting words. “Thanks Keiko. It means a lot.”

“Don’t mention it.” They continued talking when someone approached them.

“Ehem…” he interrupted.

They both looked back and saw Zico standing with arms crossed on his chest. “Well, I’m off then…” Sunggyu whispered and made his exit.

Zico took his spot after he left while Keiko greeted him. “Hi!”

“Hello.” and they became awkward.

Keiko tapped her fingers on the railings when Zico could barely open his mouth. She stretched her arms out as sleepiness started to get her. “Ermm… Keiko?” he blurted.

‘Finally!’ she thought. “Yes?”

“What were you and Sunggyu hyung talking about?”

“Eh? It was something between us. Why?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Did he confess to you?” he raised his voice in retaliation.

“Excuse me? You’re unbelievable Zico!” she rolled her eyes and started to leave but he grabbed her wrist.

“Answer the damn question!”

“Let go of me!” she tried shoving his arm but he was too strong. He is a Force after all. “We talked about something else. Confession my !” she hissed and he released her.

“Sorry…” he pouted.

Keiko massaged her wrist after his grip numb it. “What’s your problem? Tch!”

“It’s just that I like you…” he whispered.

She was surprised to hear his confession. She never saw it coming especially from Zico who liked her best friend. But Keiko had feelings for him since she saw him wounded in the warehouse when they rescued them and kept it all to herself. “You’re such a player. You told me before you liked Eunju, now you’re telling me this? Spare me Zico!”

Keiko walked away but Zico ran in front of her. “Both of you are my friends whom I care a lot. But it has come to a point that my feelings for you grew and it was beyond my control.”

“Whatever Zico!”

“Look… If the words “I like you” aren’t enough, can I say “I love you”?” and she shook her head. “But what if I say you being my friend isn’t enough? Can you just be mine?”

Keiko looked at his eyes and held his face with one hand. As they try to gauge each other’s reaction, her heart raced while the butterflies in her stomach go wild. She is sure about her feelings for him but her mind says no. ‘Please wait a bit, Jiho.’ Keiko smiled at him and left.