Birthday Boy

Beneath the Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You were in your room looking at the picture you took with Daehyun at the Namsan Tower. *We look so happy* You smiled to yourself. You placed the picture frame back on your desk and your eyes shifted to the calendar. *Hm. Seems like I have something planned that day* You picked the calendar up and let out a small gasp. *Daehyun oppa’s birthday is tomorrow?!* Your fingers ran through your hair. You stood up and paced back and forth in your room. *What do I do? I have nothing planned! How can I forget?!*

Suddenly, an idea came to you. You snapped your fingers and smiled to yourself. *It’s perfect!*

--

The next morning, you greeted Daehyun cheerfully. He grinned at you.

“How’s my lovely girlfriend doing today?” He gave you a small kiss on your forehead. You giggled.

“Perfect” He ruffled your hair. “Let’s go” You hopped onto his bike and wrapped your arms around his waist. While Daehyun was pedaling to school, you made small talk with him.

“Oppa, do you have to work today?” You asked.

“Of course” You frowned and your heart sank. “What time are you going to be home?”

“It depends if I will go out with my co-workers” You sighed. *You’re always going out with them*

You kept quiet for the rest of the ride. Daehyun stopped pedaling and turned around to look at you.

“We’re here” You hopped off and gave him a small wave. You turned to walk to class when he grabbed onto your wrist. You looked at him.

“Wae?”

“Are you okay?” You don’t seem so happy as before” He gazed at you. You sigh.

“I want you to promise me something” Daehyun looked at you. “What is it?”

“Meet me at the Bubble Tea store at 8PM”

“Wae?” You held out your pinky finger. “Promise me” He sighed and wrapped his pinky finger with yours. “I promise” You smiled and gave him a quick peck on the cheeks. You ran off to class.

*What is she up to?* Daehyun locked his bike and went off to find his friends.

You entered your class and you couldn’t wait until school was over.

“Class, you are dismissed! Don’t forget to do your report!” Your professor shouted. You quickly packed your bags and headed off to work. As you were leaving the school, you saw Daehyun and Mihwa together. You watched them from afar.

“I’ll bike you to work. We are going the same way anyways” Daehyun offered.

“Are you sure?” Mihwa asked. He nodded. “Do you need help getting on?” Mihwa held onto his hand and she pushed herself onto the bike. Daehyun sat in the front.

“Are you ready?”  Daehyun asked. “Ready” She wrapped her arms around Daehyun’s waist. You felt your heart breaking. Daehyun looked down at Mihwa’s arms. *Only ~~~~~ wraps her arms around my waist. This is a new feeling*

Daehyun pedaled out onto the street and passed by you. You watch them disappearing within the distance. You frowned. *Why are they together? Please tell me the perfume isn’t co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter