Tending Fire

Amityville Strikes Back

Xiumin was walking down the hall of the second floor when he felt a suddenly chill. He can see his breath. IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER.  As he look around the hall, he smelled something sweet. It's like a flower was blooming from somewhere the house. But as he was enjoying the smell, his expression changed as the smell of the blooming flowers fade and replaced by a rotten smell of waste, excrements. He covered his nose and ran down the hall and into the living room where the others are staying. "Guys, there's something weird upstairs." Xiumin said, panting as he enter the living room. "Are you kidding? This house is where everything weird are born!" Baekhyun answered who stood up and made gestures while talking. "Not dreams weird or chiming weird! I mean, there's a part of the hall upstairs where you can see your breath and smell blooming flowers. But the good smell will be replaced the a stinking odor." Xiumin explained. The boys decided to ignore the problem since there's no harm done.

 

-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -

 

It was rather cold for a summer night. Chen and Chanyeol decided to start up a fire to keep them all warm. "Hyung~ the firewood is not enough. I'll go out and gather some at the shed." Chen said and left the house. He started walking to the shed near the boathouse. The boy entered the shed and placed a good number of firewood in the basket he brought. After placing five pieces of wood, which he thinks is enough for the fire, he walked out of the shedand his attention was diverted to the boathouse. The boathouse was opposite the shed, as Chen walks out of the shed, he noticed something odd. The door of the boathouse was open again, even if not even one of them dared to go near it. Chen gulped and started walking to the boathouse. He was shaking as he walk. He was in front of the boathouse, he took a peek inside and saw nothing. But as he was closing the door a pair of red light came into his view. It was small and it was getting near him. He took a step back as it got closer, Chen stumbled into something and fell on his . The firewood scattered around the place and the pair of red light came nearer and nearer until it came into the shining moonlight. Chen was frightened at the sight of the little creature. It was pig-like creature and the other features are demonic. He backed away and tried to stand up but the creature moved closer and its red eyes glowed bright. Chen looked at the creature with a smile and went near it. He held it up and said, "hey there little puppy. Are you lost? Come on, I'll take care of you.". He hugged the demonic creature with his left arm and placed the firewoods back in the basket.

Chen walked back to the house happily as he hug the creature with his left arm. The once demonic pig-like creature is now a cute little Shih Tzu. But as it look cute, the evil eyes is still there. The dog's red eyes glowed bright and then to it's original redness. Chen entered the house and gave Chanyeol the basket of firewood. "What did you do outside? you're sweating so much.". "It was so hot out there. I don't know what's with this house that it's so cold inside." Chen said and sat down to the floor and played with the dog. At that time, the other boys entered the living room with Kai's dog. Kai's dog sensed another presence so it ran around until it saw the shih tzu Chen is holding. It looked at it for a while then started to bark. Like really mad. Chen looked at Kai's dog and said "What the hell's wrong with him?" and pouted. The dog Chen is holding looked at Kai's dog and it's red eyes glowed bright red and Kai's dog ran towards its owner. "Did you just see that?" Kyungsoo asked the others with his eyes wide like it will pop out anytime. "Did that dog's eyes just glowed bright red?" Suho asked with the same expression as Kyungsoo. The others nodded and asked Chen where he found it. "I saw the boathouse door open so I decided to close it. I took a little peek inside and saw this little guy." Chen answered without looking at the boys and continued to play with the dog. "The Boathouse... red eyes.... cold rooms... blooming flowers.. excrements..." Kyungsoo's eyes widened even more and went to the coffee table to get his book. He was reading the book he bought at the bookstore and was shocked at what he was reading. He lets out a girly shriek and dropped his book. The boys filed around Kyungsoo and helped him sit on the sofa. "It was Jodie. That dog is Jodie..." Kyungsoo said, looking straight at the wall. "Who's Jodie?" Kris asked. "Jo-Jodie i-is... a de-demonic pig-like creature who the Lutzes' daughter befriended.. It.. it has red eyes and it glows bright red. It can transform to anything... and... the hallway upstairs.. There's no piping in the walls for the air to pass through.". Kyungsoo explained. The mystery of the house starts to unfold but evil is not even starting its revenge. They were hooked up at what Kyungsoo was saying when they heard Chanyeol give a loud shriek. He was looking and pointing at the fire place. The boys gathered beside Chanyeol and looked at what he was pointing at. Something was burned at the soot of the fire place. the boys leaned closer and was shocked at what they saw.. An image of a demon with half of his head blown out. It gave a smile that canscare the crap out of anyone who sees it.