The Rescue

High School Moments in my sister's shoes

The is the continuation of the previous chapter.. I hope you still remember the FVA group that went to my sister's school.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 It was one fine Wednesday afternoon probably past lunch time when Na Ra and Jessica were on their way to the town. Jessica is staying near the school area so it was easy for her but then my sis had to find a ride to go back as there’s no driver available to sends her back and forth from school. Of course we have a family car but my older brothers are not around to drive the car (n_n).

All of us, the older siblings were in college and universities. If you ever came to our hometown, there’s one long suspension bridge which is one of the tourist attraction in our district which connects the town and my former school---you need to walk across the bridge to go to the town or to the school. The length of the bridge is about…I think it’s less than one kilometer but if it shakes sure you will feel the thrill if you’re not used to a certain altitude of height. The local singers even composed a song about the bridge and it is a very famous song; even small kids know how to sing that song.

Can you guess what happened??

This makes me laugh to my stomach…ha ha ha!!! Can’t stand it man!

Excuse me but I need to pause for a few moments to relieve my laugh ******Okay, I think I am okay now. Know what happened??

Hyun Bin, Do Young and Soo Hyun were busy taking pictures on the suspension bridge.  Because they were blocking the way, Na Ra and Jessica had to wait for them to finish their photo taking. 

After waiting for almost half an hour, they finally decided to just go ahead and walk past them as it was getting late (if my sis missed the bus she won’t have any ride to go back home) so it’s now or never situation for them besides the sun was scorching hot. So they continue walking… whether lucky or not when they reached the guys, they also finished their photo taking session as well. Luck ah!

“Where are you going?” Soo Hyun asked.

“We are on our way home,” Na Ra answered. Jessica was really silent---perhaps she’s so shy to talk to strangers.

“Let’s walk together,” Do Young suggested. My sis and her friend just nodded their head.

Do you know what Hyun Bin was doing the whole time Na Ra and Jessica were talking with the other two guys? He’s standing at the side of the bridge overlooking the view of cars crossing through the lower concrete bridge. He was quite tall so the metal that lined the side of the suspension bridge only reached his thigh’s height (actually he was practically bending down his waist as he watched the cars crossed). It was quite windy so as all of us know wind can shake even the most solid suspension bridge. The bridge shakes. Know what happened??...

My precious, handsome, and talented Hyun Bin almost fell down from the bridge!!!! (Gosh! I’m terrified to hear that).

 “Ah…help!” Hyun Bin shouted.

“No...  Hyung!” quickly alerted to the danger Soo Hyun rushed to rescue but fortunately Hyun Bin was able to gain his stability (Luckily! If not…Don’t dare to think about it).

“Thank you, God!” Hyun Bin expressed his gratefulness because he was safe (I am so happy that he didn’t fall as he might get injured and may even die if he fell).

Traumatize by the incident, as they started walking Hyun Bin keeps grasping Soo Hyun and Do Young’s shirt (He was basically walking between Soo Hyun and Do Young like a small kid afraid of falling down…Aww, he’s such a cowardly sweet guy!! But I like him still). Based on the 'principle of ladies first', Na Ra and Jessica were forced to walk ahead with the three of them walking about 2 steps behind. Then my sister heard them whispering to each other (I wonder what they’re whispering about. Maybe they are devising and evil plan…who knows!!) Then something happens.

The suspension bridge begins to shake; it moves from right to left making walking difficult and the steps becomes unstable.  The three monkeys are using their might to shake the bridge (but it’s cute though…I love it!). Despite of being traumatize of falling, my cute Hyun Bin is also contributing his effort in shaking the bridge. He keeps grasping Soo Hyun and Do Young’s shirt but his legs were busy making the bridge shake (I can imagine the three guys laughing like crazy as they made the bridge shake; Hyun Bin probably was busy moving his legs left to right to shake the bridge). Honestly I am laughing hard as well at this moment (n_n).

Because it was Wednesday (Our town always has ‘tamu’---a kind of market---on Wednesday) and it’s getting late so there were less people using the bridge to cross over. But still there were a few people who were on the bridge as well including an old lady. To make things worse, the lady was drunk! (Ha ha… the story will get better soon. Just wait!) Else than that there were few students from other school were right closely behind.

Making noises with laughing and giggling, the three monkeys seems to enjoy themselves very much. Perhaps they never crossed any suspension bridge before or made it shake as much as that day (*_*). I can imagine the other students who were right behind them---they must be very puzzled to see such crazy behavior plus two-non-stop-laughing-girl which act as if they were watching a comedy.

Okay… the story is reaching the funniest part now.

Because the wooden planks of the suspension bridge were quite old, so there were few wooden planks that were missing; actually there were six planks that were missing and to make things worse it was right at the middle of the bridge. I don’t really know where those planks disappeared to but this is what made the story so funny. It was very scary to cross such big gap because you can see the river from that empty space… some more there were six planks missing at the same space. It was tough man! Great courage is required to cross such distance---it’s terrifying!! (^_^)

Remember the old lady who was walking in front of my sis and her gang? When the bridge shake, she was right in front of that scary empty space (I really can’t stand it… I want to laugh!!! LOL), oh gosh!!  

Na Ra and Jessica saw the old lady stopped and squat down gripping the side of the metal bar strongly and started to wail (Aww…this is so funny. I know we are not supposed to make fun of old people but I just can’t stand it. This is extremely hilarious and is causing my endorphin hormone level increases. What a joke!!!).

“Atukoii!  Kada! Kada!Ulaa!.. asambalik oku! Aiso moti payung tarajun ku iti!” The old woman wailed and wailed in Dusun language asking the three monkeys to stop shaking the bridge (The Dusun words basically means; “Oh my goodness! Don’t! Don’t! Stop!.. I’m going to fall! I don’t have any parachute with me!”).

Not knowing what the hell the old woman was saying the three monkeys continue shaking the bridge.

Suddenly a tin of AMBASSADOR brand alcohol fell from the old woman’s saddle bag. It rolled right into the hole and fell into the river. The old woman tried to save her tin of alcohol but because the bridge was shaking hard, she was unable to do so.

“Kada kangku di… Tai pogi, naratu di AMBASSADOR ku!”  The old lady was shouting on top of her voice requesting them to stop (The meaning; “I said don’t… see, my tin of AMBASSADOR fell to the river!”) telling them that her tin of alcohol just fell into the river because they made the bridge shake so hard.

My sis and her friend were just laughing there---not even tried to stop them from doing those crazy thing. Poor old grandma! They should at least try to save her (n_n).

“Nauk ko? Nunuh ninum nuh? Gantang? Montoku? Lihing? Tiger? Ambassador? Stout? Carlsberg? Atukoii!.. matai noh ti baino! Tolu no tin do Ambassador daa ninum ku di haii. Piro ninum dokoyou?” The old woman continued to shout begging the boys to stop shaking the bridge (The meaning; Are you drunk? What did you drank? Gantang (white rice wine)? Montoku (clear rice wine)? Lihing (Another type of rice wine)? Tiger (A brand of alcohol)? Stout(A brand of alcohol)? Carlsberg(A brand of alcohol)? Oh my goodness!.. I am going to die today! I only drank three tins of Ambassador just now. How many did you drink?”).

I think the old woman was thinking that the three monkeys were drunk like her because the way they shake the bridge was like the way of a drunken person walk; she even mentioned almost all the brand and type of alcohol that she knew. The boys don’t seem to get her message…Aww, this is so funny! If I was there---maybe I already pee and roll on the floor---because of excessive laughing.

The old woman was really pissed off. I think she was about to cry and maybe about to get a heart attack because of scared to death by the three monkeys.

Unable to hold any longer…my sister finally come to her senses after laughing as hard as she can (Goodness!!…you should have done that earlier, sis!!).

“Hey, you guys stop!!!” Na Ra was practically shouting on top of her voice as the guys were laughing too loud.…I can’t imagine how loud her voice were (n_n) anyway it must be loud until it made the boys got startled. Oh, great!!!

“Huh?” Soo Hyun answered. He acts as if he doesn’t know what’s happening.He looks at Do Young.

“What?” Do Young also is acting as if he didn’t hear what my sister has just said.

“Can't you see that old lady?” my sis asked… Maybe getting a bit irritated already.

“Oh, yes I see,” Said Hyun Bin suddenly. My Hyun Bin finally talked!! Aww…Why so sudden?? Still, it’s cute (*_*).

“What’s up with that old lady? Why is she sitting there?” Soo Hyun asked my sis a bonus question. That’s so cool Oppa!!! (^_*)

Clearing ,”Emm…well, can you see the hole in front of her?”

“Oh, I see… I see!” Do Young exclaimed. I think he’s got a clearer view of the hole because he is very tall. Guys… all of you should stop playing already!!

“That old woman wants to cross the bridge but because you made the bridge shake so hard, she’s afraid to cross the hole in front of her,” My sis tried to explain the situation to them.

“Why?” Hyun Bin asked. Oh my goodness, Hyun Bin dear!! You had just asked a bonus question. She had just explained---how come you didn’t pay attention.

“Because… She’s afraid she will fall into the river,” my sis answered Hyun Bin’s question. I think she is trying her best to be patient. That’s good, sis! You should do that to the guy that your sister like (^_^).

“Oh, I didn’t know that,” Said Hyun Bin. What a bonus answer he gave (n_n)...that’s swell man!!

“You guys nearly made her pee and cry,” my sis added.

“Oh, is that so? I heard you are very good in making jokes,” said Soo Hyun. You should stop that already Oppa and hurry to help the old woman!!! (This is making me sick!!!)

“I am not joking!” now my sis is getting pissed off as well. Jessica remained silent---maybe she’s still laughing over it.

“I thought she was laughing just now,” Another brilliant answer from Do Young... He was actually referring to the old lady wailing.. Gah! You called that laughing?? 100 points!!!!

I think you guys should stop talking by now and rescue that old woman….hurry!!!! She might fall into the river by the time you finished talking and quarreling with each other (N_N)…

“Oh my goodness!” I think my sis was patting her forehead with her palm when she said this word. So unbelievable, Do Young Oppa!

“LOL,” Jessica finally said a chunk of words. Why is it so hard to have her talk???

After hearing the LOL word…the three monkeys looked at each other, and then run toward the old woman to rescue her. All of you should have done that earlier! (But still, they were cute. Let them learn a lesson). Soo Hyun reached the old woman first with his precious camera.

“Good, Hyung! Rescue her,” Soo Hyun shouted as he and Hyun Bin run toward the old woman as well. They really thought Do  Young’s going to save her, but guess what?? Instead, Do Young jumped across the gap and landed on the opposite side of the hole and started taking photos. What a joke!!!

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry grandma,” said Soo Hyun as he run.

“We are sorry. We are sorry. God bless you!” Said Hyun Bin to the old woman as they both reached the place the old woman is squatting down.

Now, Hyun Bin and Soo Hyun were both holding the old woman’s hand on both side and you know what they did? They swing the old woman across the hole. That’s something!!! On the other hand, remember Do Young is on the opposite side of them with his precious camera.

“Say cheese!” Do Young instructs them to smile as he snaps their photo. That’s funny, Oppa!! People were busy rescuing but you… busy taking pictures. You are totally hopeless!!!

After the rescue

“Aduii… Sisobu oku!” The old woman said that before she stand up and walk as fast as she could leaving my sis and the gang behind (The meaning: Aww…I think I am going to pee!”).

I think she was so scared until she almost peed. Plus she must be traumatize to experience such a terrible moment on top of the bridge which the three monkeys shake until her tin of alcohol fell into the river. I think she will surely curse them for causing her precious tin of alcohol to fell into the river.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next chapter will be the final one.. where I got to meet them before they left home.. hehe.. Stay Tuned!!