Chapter 14: Troubled

A Perfect Summer?

After what felt like eternity to the worried group, Yoona's eyelids started to move. Slowly, she opened them and was welcomed by Donghae's gaze.

 

"Oh God, Are you okay?"

She barely heard him say. What happened? She wondered. Why does everyone look so troubled?

 

"Yoona-sshi?" a familiar female voice muttered but she couldn't figure out who.

"Hey, hey?" a couple of voices  around her were asking her questions and talking and exclaiming things she doesn't understand.

 

She shut her eyes and tried to remember...

 

Donghae. Glancing at me. And then I--

 

Opening her eyes, she saw the same guy who caught her as she fainted. Yes. She remembered. I fainted.

 

"Y--Yoona-sshi?" he said once more and she responded with a very weak smile.

 

"Here, here. Make her drink this!" Hyoyeon gave Donghae the "tea" that she made. He carefully assisted her to drink and waited until she recovers.

 

"I'm sorry--" Yoona began but Donghae hushed her while shaking his head. "No one says sorry for fainting" he kindly smiled.

 

"You have a fever. Probably because you got soaked" Seohyun said. "Right. And when we first got here you were looking so pale already" Yesung added.

 

Yoona glanced at everyone. They all looked so genuinely concerned. She's sorry. Because no, that's not it. This is not just because she got soaked, she knew. And she's not judt sorry that she fainted. There's something else, hidden behind the quirky Yoona they knew. But seeing the worried faces around her, she couldn't bear to tell them the real reason. She doesn't want them to worry about her.

 

"Are you feeling better, Yoona-sshi?" Sunny candidly touched her forehead and she noticed that her other hand is bandaged.

 

"Wait, what happened to your hand?" Yoona asked. Sunny glanced at her hand and shyly admitted what had happened. Yoona exclaimed "Oh! What to do?! You got hurt because of--"

"No no worries Yoona-sshi. It's fine now. Sungmin-sshi... already took care of it" she smiled to herself.

 

She couldn't help but feel guilty, though. We've just met and I'm causing so much trouble to them already, she thought.

 

No. I have to feel better. I have... to live well.

 

-------------------------------

The sun peeps quietly from behind the clouds. It was a new day, a new morning… But then again, nothing was entirely new. Just another day to try and survive.

"Hyukjae, I think she likes you" Sungmin began after a moment of pondering whether or not to tell his dongsaeng. They were scanning the woods for more edible stuff and had just enough luck to come across a couple of camote patches. His brother had his back bent, busily picking up the camotes. Without glancing up he asked "Who?"

 

"Um... Hyoyeon-sshi?"

"Eh? Hyoyeon-sshi?!" He finally stood up and faced Sungmin with  a confused expression. "What made you think?"

 

"I-- I don't know. It's just that she seems interested with you" Sungmin answered while continuing to pick their food-to-be.

Eunhyuk laughed. "I don't know. We've been in the same bar for quite some time... Can't blame her if she fell for me, yeah hyung?"

 

"Aish. I shouldn't have told you" Sungmin rolled his eyes. "I wonder what to do..." Eunhyuk crossed his arms, making the camotes in his hamds fall to the ground. "Yah. Look at these" Sungmin cried as the vegetables rolled on the ground. "You don't  really have to do anything, do you?"

 

"Of course I have. I want to get her. Thanks for telling me."

 

Sungmin was furious. "What?"

"I'll date her..."

"You can do that when we get back to Seoul"

"Nah hyung. That’s the point. I'm dating her here because we're here. This island. With nothing else to do"

"Do you even like her back?"

Eunhyuk shrugged. "Does it matter? Yoona doesn't seem interested in me, and Sunny- well you can have her- and Leeteuk hyung said I can't touch Taeyeon noona. I bet you know why I can't play with Jessica-sshi and Seohyun-sshi so... I guess I have no choice..."

 

"What do you mean you have no choice?!" Sungmin dropped everything he's holding to the ground, even his jaw dropped as well. "Look I don't know why you can't play with just those two girls because as far as I know you can't play with any girl! And-- well, maybe you're thinking that Hyoyeon-sshi is easy but I tell you she's innocent so just don't--"

 

"What hyung?! Don't what? Will you tell me the same thing Leeteuk hyung told me? Hyung you can't stop me from doing what I want." He stomped away,  frustrated, leaving Sungmin in the woods.

 

--------------------------------------

 

"Feeling better?"

 

Yoona turned her head and saw Donghae sitting beside her part of the "bed". He was smiling gently at her and she nodded before getting up to a sitting position. Donghae assisted her and she thanked him with a curt nod.

 

"Where're the others?" she asked after glancing at the almost empty hut. Even before Donghae could answer the two were startled by a loud thud.

 

-------------------------------------

 

Sungmin carefully picked up the camotes on the ground while being lost in his thoughts. He's never seen Eunhyuk this annoyed... Or maybe not for the last 10 years? He remembered the last time they fought was like during grade school. Ugh.

 

Was it my fault? No. I was just telling him that he can't just do that to Hyoyeon.

 

But what really lingered on his mind was that one phrase...

 

"Sunny- well you can have her..."

 

He unconsciously crushed one poor camote as he frustratedly pondered about it. Is Sunny a toy that he's giving to me?! All this time he's been flirting with her and now that he's got another "toy", he's handing Sunny over to me?!

 

He sighed knowing that he must be just overthinking it. But no matter how he looked at it he can't figure out why his brother said that? Or from the idea of the larger problem at hand, why his brother got mad at him like that and is so into "getting" Hyoyeon?

 

I knew it. I shouldn't have told him. Besides, I'm not even sure whether Hyoyeon actually liked that flirty little brother of mine.

 

He had just collected everything  and put it on his shirt which served like some sort of a basket, barely being able to carry everything when he started to make his way back.

 

Head flying elsewhere, just a few feet away from the spot where they put up a bonfire, Sungmin tripped over a slightly oversized rock. He almost stumbled but managed to just end up on a kneeling position instead of landing face down. The camotes weren't as lucky though, they all rolled on the ground.

 

Aissh. Sungmin shook the sand away from his palms and pants and went to pick up the fallen vegetables. He walked three steps and bent down to reach it when he noticed a pair of legs in front of him. He tilted his head up without straightening his back and realized that the legs are connected to a body. A body wearing a pink dress.

 

The body bent down in the same position as him and reached for a camote. Then she looked straight at his eyes and smiled. "Be careful next time, okay?"

 

He finally realized that he was in an odd bending position and stood up straight. "Sunny-sshi~" he muttered, face slightly reddening from embarrassment when he imagined how Sunny- and the others- must've seen how he tripped.

 

"You seemed to be lost in your thoughts so you didn't notice that huge rock in your way..." she started, continuing to help pick up the vegetables.

"Yeah" Sungmin laughed embarrassedly.

"No worries. No one seemed to see it besides me. And I won't laugh" she said though Sungmin noticed the efforts she's putting in trying to keep herself from cracking up. He had to be grateful for that.

 

"Thank you..." he giggled as they finish gathering everything. "But where are they, anyway?"

 

Sunny pointed to the other side with her lips because her hands were full but Sungmin only saw the bandage that he wrapped in her hand last night.

 

"Is your hand not hurting anymore?" he asked and she shook her head, smiling. The smile was as radiant as the sun itself.

 

Sunny- well you can have her...

 

The words echoed in his mind but it was soon shattered by a loud thud...

 

-------------------------------------

 

OMGG. What did I do to HyukMin?! >< Sorryyy but it had to happen. It just had to. Kkkk. /:)

 

What was the loud thud that YoonHae and SunSun heard? Will Sungmin and Eunhyuk make up after their quarrel? Subscribe and learn it in the next chapters! :))))

 

By the way, I'd appreciate more if you put .. (uh how do i put it..?) interesting? informative? comments.. Instead of just saying the name of your favorite couples, I'd appreciate it more if you put specific details like whether or not you enjoyed the chapter or which parts you like best or most especially, guesses regarding the 'mystery' parts. :))) 

Thank you! =)