Plans and Suggestions

Vendetta

Woo! I actually got through writing up to the TENTH chapter! I'm currently planning on the eleventh and twelfth (and if I have time, the thirteenth; it depends on how the plans work out). Also just to give you guys a heads up, I might bump this up to a rated fic, depending on the plans. Don't get your hopes up too high though; I'm not the type who reads, let alone writes, graphic . It'll most likely be softcore, and plus I don't know if I'll be including a ual scene more than once. It depends on how the plans work out, really. Oh, and before you go gaga over Yunho (since he’s the one playing the judge), bear in mind that he’s a man between his late 40s and early 50s lusting over an eighteen-year-old girl. Yep. Just a thought, since I know a lot of you would certainly want a man like him.


The young woman sits alone in her quarters, sitting by the window once again. The Judge and the Bailiff are away for the time being; they are hearing a case at court at the moment. She is scanning the streets below her, expecting the young sailor to pass by once more. She knows him barely, yet she knows he is kind at heart. She knows that the young man will free her, but she doesn’t expect him to do so today. She hopes that he frees her soon, though, for she longs to finally be able to explore; to walk amongst other people whom she has all her life been forbidden to come in contact with; to finally fly away from the cage, which has kept her prisoner.

The young woman smiles when the young sailor finally arrives at the gate. Since her guardians are away she decides that it is safe to go out and converse with him. She cannot let him inside the mansion, however; she shan’t do anything more than to allow him past the gate, for surely, rumors will begin to spread if people see her do such an act. The Judge and the Bailiff are more likely to discover the plan quicker if she allows him to enter.

“Minjung, I spoke to a friend of mine,” the young sailor tells. “He says that he is willing to help us in our escape. When the Judge is at court again tonight, I shall come here and take you to him. You shall stay with him until I find a something.”

“You mean—?” the young woman, overjoyed, cannot find the voice to express her happiness.

“Yes, Minjung, you’ll finally be free,” he says, smiling at her warmly.

“Oh, thank you—” she pauses for a moment and realizes she doesn’t even know his name. Then as though he has read her thoughts, he speaks.

“It’s Siwon. Choi Siwon.”

“Siwon,” she repeats, smiling once more at the sound of it. She then leans over and brushes her cheek against his, pulling away shortly.

“I shall see you then, Siwon.”

“Of course.”


Two men walk side by side as they exit a building after another hearing. One man is looking straight ahead while the other – only a little younger than the former – talks.

“Do you perhaps, Your Honor, consider the fact that you’re being too harsh on your sentences?” he queries his senior, referring to the trial they have just attended.

“Why do you ask, Bailiff? Are you questioning my expertise?” the older man queries back, the arrogance present in his tone.

Why, no, Your Honor,” the younger man quickly replies quite nervously. “Surely the child has done something worth having hanged, of course.”

“What man has knowledge...” the latter mutters under his breath.

“Excuse me?”

He looks at the other and flashes a smile. “Nothing, Bailff,” he says.

And with that, the younger man shrugs.

“I have great news for you, my friend,” the latter announces. “In order to keep her from harm, I’ve decided to marry my ward, Minjung.”

The younger one’s eyes widen and he gasps in genuine delight for his senior. “Indeed, Your Honor! Great news, indeed! Have you already a date in mind for when the wedding shall take place?”

“As a matter of fact, I do not. It’s quite strange, actually. You see, when I offered myself to her she seemed rather...reluctant.”

“I see...”

The older man looks at his companion in askance.

“Permission to speak, milord?”

He nods.

“Perhaps what you need is a visit to the barber—”

Appalled at what he has just heard, he interrupts his companion. “I beg your pardon? Are you implying that my appearance is unappealing?”

“Why, no sir, not at all! You’re extremely dashing, as a matter of fact. However, the ladies these days sir, they like their men cleaned and shaved, and there is in fact, stubble upon your cheek. I must say, my lord, you’re quite not looking your best.”

“Stubble, you say?” he repeats, bringing a hand to his face.

“Oh, but fret not, my lord. For I know a place where you are guaranteed to get the best service. There is a tonsorial parlor down at Cheongju Drive, above the pie emporium. The barber’s name is Seo, sir, and he is the last highly-recommended one.”

“I see…”

“I’ve seen it with my own eyes, my lord. I guarantee, after your visit to this man, the girl shall bow to your every will.”

The older man smiles at the thought. “Alright then, Bailiff, take me to him.”


  “Lad, you really should slow down. If you chug it that fast it’ll go straight to your head,” the woman advises the young boy as he drinks the gin. He is already on his third cup. The bottle is almost empty and to her surprise, he is still quite sober.

“Used to give it t’ us at th’ workhouse t’ make us fall asleep,” the boy tells her.

Poor thing, she says to herself, no child should be treated like that!

She looks up on the roof, noticing that the upstairs had gone quiet.

“Well, I’m just going to pop into Mr. S for a bit. Y’sure you’ll be alright ‘ere?”

“Of course.”

Just as she is about to take the bottle, the boy tells her, “leave the bottle.”

She sighs, obliges, and heads out the door and up the stairs to her tenant. When she arrives there, she finds him standing near the chest, polishing his razor just as he does all the time.

“That lad is drinking me out of house and home,” she tells the man. “Where’s Zhou, by the way? Is ‘e back yet?”

“He won’t be coming back,” he replies tersely and monotonously.

He turns to one side and she sees a fresh, great bloodstain on the sleeve of his white shirt.

She gasps. “Mr. S, you didn’t!” she exclaims, and immediately she rushes to open the chest, suspecting that he might have hidden the body inside. When she does see him there, she sees that his neck had been sliced and bruised badly. “You’re barking mad! The man ain’t done nothing to you!”

“He recognized me from the past,” he replies, eyes still affixed on his silver friend. “’Threatened to rob me half of my earnings and report me to the law.”

The shock immediately wipes away from her face. “Oh, then I guess that makes sense. Thought for a second there that you just did it for no reason,” she says. She looks back at the nearly-decapitated corpse and wonders if there is anything she can take from him. Besides, it would be such a waste if any of his useful possessions were not put to use. When she reaches for the pocket of his jacket, she finds his money pouch and tucks it away in her own pocket. “Poor dear,” she thinks aloud, “’bout time anyway. Deserves it for all the scams and maltreating the poor boy downstairs, ‘e does.” She then shoots her head up and looks at the barber, who is still busy with his razor. “Speaking of which, what do you suppose should we do about him?”

“Send him back to the workhouse,” the man replies without looking at her.

“Mr. S, have you any idea how much that lad’s been through at that forsaken place? I ain’t sendin’ ‘im back!”

“Then send him in a goose chase. Perhaps he’ll listen to you.”

“Have you really gone mad? I ain’t doin’ that either.”

“Then what do you propose to do with him?”

“Well,” she ponders, rising from the floor and propping her chin beneath her thumb and index fingers, “I suppose I can take care of him. After all, I can use all the help I need. ‘Been lonely here since poor old Sikyung and my dear Rineul left. Having a son would be nice, I think.”

“Hn. As long as that boy doesn’t bother my work, then have your way with him.”

“Then it’s set,” she says with a smile.

The man walks towards his vanity table to place the razor back in its case with all the others. He looks out the window once more, and almost immediately turns back to face her with eyes wide. “The Judge!” he says.

“What? That quick?”

He frantically looks around to make sure that everything is in its best appearance.

“What do ya know, Mr. S, I guess the heavens really are favorin’ you today,” she tells him.

“Get out,” he snarls at her without regard of anything she had just said.

Knowing that she might aggravate him more, she complies instantly and heads out the door. The man is not exactly the emotionally stable type, and she knows better than to say anything else in moments like this.  


Okay that's that for now... Remember: NO COMMENT = NO UPDATE...yes, seriously. I ain’t takin’ any silent readin’ no more 

Bye! ^_~ >