A Caged Bird

Vendetta

The young woman—she is nothing but a caged bird.

Oh, but tonight she is filled with hope, now that the sailor has come to her salvation. Tonight she shall finally be free – free to fly out of her cage and sing to the world! She shan’t sing in the emptiness of her confines any longer, beckoning to those outside to come and save her. He has come to her salvation, that young sailor lad – and together they shall be—together, and free.

She is shocked when her door suddenly opens, not expecting the sailor to arrive so soon. A gentleman knocks before entering a lady’s room indeed, but she cares less now that he has come to her aid. There is nothing she wants more than freedom, and freedom she shall have!

However when she turns she sees not the face of the sailor but of another man—the Judge!

Instantly, her joy is replaced by fear and her eyes widen in horror. Still, she tries to keep her composure and remind him of his manners, yet he disregards her. She tells him persistently that she will leave.

“Indeed you shall,” he replies to her coldly, “and I shall provide you with new lodgings since you no longer find my company to your liking.”

The young woman gasps—that can only mean one thing!

Before she knows it the Bailiff tackles her, grabs her arms forcefully and drags her from her room, to the hallways and down the stairs, and out of the house into what appears to be some type of white van. Her struggling has been no match for the Bailiff’s strength – her attempts to break free of his grasp had been anything but successful.

Alas, the young woman—she is not but a caged bird once again. A caged bird that cannot do anything but cry. A caged bird that can no longer sing. A caged bird that shall never be freed.

The young woman—she is nothing but a caged bird. 


That vile man – that vile man has seen him. The Arm of the Law knows of their plan. And the barber—the barber has pushed him away. Now that the vile man has seen him, has found out about their plan, will he ever have a chance to take her? Will he ever get the chance to free her...see her? He wonders, only hoping that he can, even with the early incident at the tonsorial parlor.

And so the young sailor walks into the night, hoping to find his dear lady but alas—she is being dragged away! Dragged away into the pits of the unknown! That vile man—that bastard! The man has taken him away from him, keeping them apart even more.

Furious and determined, the young sailor rushes away towards the man. There is no way, he thinks, that you can keep us apart!

“Where did you take her?” the sailor barks.

“You tell me boy! Here I stand,” the man bellows back.

He wastes no time and rushes to the direction of the vehicle, which takes no heed of his existence as he calls out the prisoner’s name.

He has failed her. She is once again trapped. Where to, he knows not but one thing is for certain—he will free her. They will be together. Whatever it takes, he will free her and they shall reunite. And he shall take her away – away from this cruel place.

The young woman – she shall no longer be a caged bird—not while the young sailor is around.


YEEEESSSHHHH! Finally, I’m done with this chapter! Now I can have my way with this story—well, to input more of my ideas, that is. Hope you guys enjoy the upcoming chapters! Oh by the way, anything beyond this chapter is doesn’t occur in this one day anymore. I’ve written enough of that. Can you believe it? I wrote SIX chapters for events that happened all in one day! SIX CHAPTERS!

Okay, well enough o’ me chatterin’. I’m sure you’ve betta things ta do than listen to me rantings all day.

Remember—NO COMMENT = NO UPDATE =D...yes, seriously. I ain’t takin’ no silent readin’ no more.