Taemin?

Vulnerable

"What's wrong, Taeyeon-ah?" Xiumin asked, concerned about Taeyeon that has been frozen for a minute now.

Taeyeon blinked a few times before turning her head to Xiumin. She smiled assuringly.
"Nothing, sunbae," Taeyeon said. Xiumin followed where her gaze was at, and his gaze landed at Taemin's portrait.

"You know him?" Xiumin asked Taeyeon, pointing to Taemin's photo. "He was part of Best 12 in the department of dancing. He is a good sunbae." Xiumin said, smiling.

Then Xiumin pierced his eyes onto the picture, and back to Taeyeon, then back to the picture again.
"You look a bit like him," Xiumin said. Then he clapped his hands, like he discovered something. "Are you his sister?"

Taeyeon looked at him in the eye for a while, before looking down to hide her blush a bit. Fortunately the room is quite dark so Xiumin can't see clearly.
"Yeah, he is," Taeyeon said.
"Ooh.." Xiumin said. Then he widened his eyes and turned to Taeyeon. "What? He is?!"

Taeyeon eyed him weirdly and nodded. Xiumin went 'ooh' and nodded to himself a few times.

"What are you being shocked for?" Jina came and asked. "Oh that's my brother over there." Jina said as she pointed to a portrait of a boy with dark blonde hair and a confident smile.
"Kibum oppa was too?" Taeyeon asked. She didn't know at all. Jina answered by nodding.

Xiumin looked at his watch and he gasped. "It's this late already?! Omo, I'm sorry to held you girls back for so long!"

"No, it's okay," Taeyeon said. "My brother will come fetch me anyway."

"What about you? How will you go home?" Luhan asked Jina.
"Nah, I've got that under control," Jina said confidently. Luhan scoffed at Jina's confidence and she glared at him.

≈≈≈≈≈

Taeyeon waited for Taemin in front of school just as promised. Jina already went home. She got picked up by her chauffeur. What a rich girl, she is. And Taeyeon is just alone... with Xiumin.

Xiumin can't help but smile every now and then standing next to Taeyeon.

A few minutes passed and the atmosphere is quite awkward for the both of them since nobody talked.
"Uhmm," Taeyeon suddenly said. Xiumin quickly turned to her. "You might want to take that off."

Taeyeon was talking about the big ribbon that Xiumin has been wearing all this time.

"Oh you are right," Xiumin was going to took off the ribbon when he suddenly stopped. He looked at Taeyeon. "Are you going to be okay?"
Taeyeon smiled and nodded assuringly. Then Xiumin took the ribbon off of his head, as a white car approaching.

Taemin rolled down the window, shock is clearly shown in his face.
"Hello," Taemin said and smiled to Xiumin. "Who are you?"
Xiumin smiled and bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim, I'm Xiumin from the Best 12 second generation."

Taemin thought for a while. "AH! Minseok, isn't it? You became part of the Best 12 now? Congratulations!"
"Yes, thank you so much!" Xiumin grinned, looking very happy from Taemin's congratulate. Taeyeon smiled secretly and went to the passenger's seat, and closed the door.

"Thank you for today, sunbaenim," Taeyeon smiled and waved. Xiumin waved too as the car drove away, leaving him alone.

In the car, Taemin has a lot to say, but so do Taeyeon.
"Hey," the both of them said together. They widened their eyes.
"You first, oppa," Taeyeon said.
"No, you first," Taemin replied.
"No, oppa first,"

Taemin sighed.
"Okay," he said. Then he smirked, "So, who's Xiumin to you, hmm?"

Taeyeon turned to him with weird eyes, as if the question itself is very weird.
"Just a senior," Taeyeon calmly said. Her expression didn't even change. "Is that it?"
Taemin gulped, then he admitted defeat. "Yeah, that's it."

Taeyeon smiled then she continued.
"Oppa, I didn't know you were part of Best 12," Taeyeon pouts. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"Err, you never asked?" Taemin carefully said and laughed.
It was a long silence in the car.

"You were the representative of dancing, huh oppa?" Taeyeon asked, breaking the silence. Taemin grinned and nodded, seems proud of his achievement. "What was it like being in the Best 12?"

Taemin shrugged, but he still focused his eyes on the road. "Nice, I guess. You get to slack off more." He chuckled, remembering those times.

Taeyeon nodded. Wonder what is it like being in the Best 12..

≈≈≈≈≈

When they finally reached home, Taeyeon yawned and bid good night to Taemin as she went to her own room. Taemin smiled and he went to his room too. He closed the door and walked over to his bed.

"Best 12, huh.." Taemin muttered. He reminisced his high school time.

---Flashback (Taemin's POV)---

"Taemin-ah, there's a call," I was talking to the other Best 12 when Key hyung said that. I wonder who's calling. I live alone right now.

"Coming, hyung," I said as I walked towards his position. He passed by me and patted my shoulder. Then I picked up my phone that was being charged. It was an unknown number. Who is it? I picked up the call.

"Hello?" I said.
"Hello, is this Lee Taemin-ssi?" a woman's voice said. I don't recognize her voice.
"Yes. Who is this?" I asked.
"Great.. I'm from the hospital," the woman said. Hospital? Who could be in the hospital? "Your sister is here."

Sister? Taeyeon?!

"Sister? Could it be Taeyeon?" I asked her, a bit yelling.
"Yes. Can you come over now?" the woman said. "We're from XXXX hospital."

I hung up the call and hurriedly grab my coat. Then I went over to Key hyung and pulled his shirt a bit.
"Hyung, can you drive me to XXXX hospital now?" I asked him. Worried is all over my face. Key hyung was confused but he nodded and stood up.

Along the way, I couldn't stay calm. What happened to Taeyeon? Wasn't she with Appa?

When we arrived, I immediately stormed to the receptionist.
"Excuse me, where is Lee Taeyeon?" I asked her, panicked. The nurse told me that she's in Emergency Room, so I did a little run. The nurses along the way scolded me, but I'm in a bit of a hurry over here. Key hyung followed me, a bit hurried too.

I slammed the door open to find her sitting there. All bruised. Lifeless. Lonely.

"Tae-Taeyeon-ah?" I called out to her. She looked up to me. Her eyes widened and she screamed. She holds her head, hiding from... Me.

---Flashback ends---

 

 


Author's Notes: Aye, finally updated. Well, I got stuck a few times these days lol. Hope you like it! By the way, just pretend that Taemin and Key is older than Xiumin ohohoho :p I know the story's a bit cheesy, but.. Oh, and I hope you don't find this author's note annoying haha. Comments and subscribes are loved! <3 And it's another of my poster up there. What do you think?