Epilogue: The Ending

Masquerade

 

The next day.
 
Key is busy fixing himself in front of the mirror when Jonghyun comes into the picture.
 
"Move, Dino. You ruin the beauty."
 
Key doesn't even turn around to face him. He talks through the window. Jonghyun just glares dagger at Key's snarky comment which earn a playful chuckle from the man in front of the mirror.
 
"It's too early to dress up. Where are you going?"
 
Key thinks a little. It's not a secret that he always goes to Taemin's room every morning. But somehow hearing Taemin's request yesterday, makes Key nervous. And a nervous Key ends up being over dress.
 
"Umm... Somewhere."
 
Jonghyun snorts at Key's answer.
 
"You don't just go somewhere wearing that flashy pants. People will get blinded when those pants reflect the sun light."
 
"Is it too much?"
 
"Well no, if you're going to a club and trying to find a hook up. But yes if you want to go to hospital and meet Taemin."
 
Key is shock. He didn't remember telling Jonghyun about who he will meet.
 
"Do you think I'm stupid? Everyday you always go there, cousin. There must be something special happen for you to dress like that."
 
"It's weird to hear you sounded so civil talking about Taemin."
 
Key is looking at Jonghyun in wonder. And Jonghyun just shrugs it off as if it's the most natural thing. It's true that Jonghyun hates Taemin. But if Jinki decide to be friend again with the little devil, he might as well get use to it. And if that foolish decide to harm again, let just say that he won't ever see any sun again.
 
"Just do me a favor, Kibum. Don't get any nearer to a ready doctor to do some injection. We don't want them to miss shot."
 
Key graps the nearest pillow and throws to Jonghyun (which easily be dodged by him, of course.) Jonghyun flashes a bright smile before getting out of the room.
 
"You arsehole."
 
Immediately after Jonghyun is stepping out of his room, Key flies to his wardrobe and rummages it to find a more normal clothes to wear.
 
----------------------------------------
 
Jinki is fidgeting on his spot, once in a while stretching his neck to search his boyfriend's form around. It's 9 already and Jonghyun is still not there. Once again he looks up to take a look at his surrounding. There are a nurse helping to push a patient's wheel chair around the garden, he also takes a scene where Dr. Do is kissed by, Whot!!! Isn't that Kim Jongin from his school?! Oh!!! Dr. Do just slapped Jongin's head just now.
 
Suddenly someone is back hugging him, but he can smell the other's cologne. The scent that always calms him down every single time he smells it.
 
"Hey... Are you waiting too long for me?"
 
Jinki squirms and turns around to face the space intruder. When he finally gets a sight of that beautiful brown orbs, he playfully pouts.
 
"I am. You are a horrible boyfriend. Even Jongin's a better one than you. He just took Dr. Do to work just now."
 
"What?! Jongin?! Dr. Do?! Woah I don't know that he has it in him. I'm so gonna at school."
 
Jinki smiles as he is looking at Jonghyun's beaming face. It's been awhile, since the last time Jonghyun looked so happy, so carefree, so beautiful,not that he isn't beautiful before. Jinki thinks it's the effect of the hospital. It's just that this place always manages to creep him out, no matter what business he has here.
 
"So, boyfie, what are we doing here? Why don't we just head back to your house? You're free to go, right?"
 
"Boyfie? What kind of a name is that?"
 
"Well, it's my call for you. Or you rather be called pumpkin? What about cupcake?"
 
Jinki fakes a cold expression as he hears the name, and Jonghyun can't help but roars a laughter seeing his boyfriend's expression.
 
"I'm so gonna ignore you if you dare calling me with that name!!"
 
"Hahahahahhaaa... Gosh you're so cute like that."
 
"Actually, Jonghyun..."
 
Jinki bites his lips before he rummages inside of his bag and handles his phone to Jonghyun.
 
"Hmm? What is it?"
 
"Read the message please.."
 
Jonghyun confusedly looks at Jinki before he locks off the phone. He immediately coos at the wallpaper of Jinki's phone, which showing him kissing Jinki's temple, while Jinki is smiling so wide to the camera. Jinki blushes at Jonghyun's reaction and playfully hits Jonghyun's chest.
 
"Yaaah... Just read the message.."
 
Jonghyun throws a last grin before opening Jinki's inbox. Slowly, his grin disappears as he reads the content of the inbox.
 
-------------------------------------
Friday, 08.15
From: Taemin
 
Let's meet tomorrow.
 
 
Friday, 09.23
From: Taemin
 
You can bring Jonghyun if you want.
 
-------------------------------------
 
"What does he want?"
 
Jonghyun looks at Jinki and finds his boyfriend shakes his head.
 
"But, Key is going to meet him now. What..."
 
Jonghyun doesn't manage to finish his sentence when he catches two figures come toward them. He can see a confused look at Key's face as he is pushing Taemin's wheelchair closer, while Taemin's eyes never leave Jinki's position. Both of them stop right in front of Jinki and Jonghyun.
 
"Hello, Jinki, Jonghyun."
 
Jonghyun immediately hides Jinki behind his body out of instinct.
 
"What do you want?"
 
Jinki puts his hand on Jonghyuns's palm that still gripping his left hand.
 
"Jjong..."
 
Jonghyun looks back at Jinki and sees him talking through  his eyes that everything is gonna be okay. Sighing in defeat, Jonghyun lets go his grip on Jinki's hand. Key can only bites his lips in confusion. He just arrived at Taemin's room when the patient immediately request Key to accompany him around. He just finds out that around means garden where Jinki and Jonghyun are at, and truthfully he is hurt. Did it why Taemin ask him to come yesterday? It's all about Jinki. Anything Taemin does is all about Jinki. Key feels a sting on his eyes.
 
"I just want to talk to Jinki. And I knew from Dr. Do that he is leaving today."
 
Key is looking away, actually he doesn't want to be there, not because he hates Jinki, he just doesn't want to hear what Taemin wants to say to them. As much as he loves Taemin, he doesn't want Taemin to add another scar on his other precious people. Jonghyun takes a look at Key's expression. He knows how his cousin is hurt because of this.
 
"Yesterday, I realized that I never confess to you directly, and..."
 
Key can't hold it anymore. He chokes a sob as he hears Taemin's words. His hand immediately flies to his mouth as soon as he realizes that. Key just takes a step back, ready to run away when Taemin grips his right hand, preventing him from going. Jonghyun is ready to attack Taemin and he doesn't even care to the fact that the said man is in a wheelchair but Taemin has hurt people that are valuable to him and he definitely won't let this go any further, while Jinki is surprised at Taemin's word and freezes on his spot, especially after he hears Key's sob. But what Taemin says after even leave a bigger effect.
 
"AND!!! And I rather hearing your rejection directly right here, right now, in front of Key and Jonghyun."
 
There's a frustrating silence between them. Taemin's expression is still calm.
 
"Jinki, ever since I knew you when we were child, I knew that I love you. Until now, I still love you with all of my heart. I know that I hurt you, and people around you. I guess, this love blinds me. I know it's kind of too late and I also already know the answer, but... Will you accept this feeling?"
 
Right at that moment, Jonghyun realizes how good looking Taemin is. Right at that moment when all that Taemin's eyes show is his love toward Jinki, and he is scared. He is scared that Jinki's heart will be moved by this confession. That's why when he feels Jinki walks toward Taemin, he is panicking and instantly hold Jinki's hand.
 
"Jinki..."
 
Jinki only smiles softly at Jonghyun's insecurity. After giving a promising squish on Jonghyun's hand, Jinki frees hand off of Jonghyun's grip. He takes some step before squats down to level with Taemin's eyes. He takes Taemin's free hand, as his other hand is still ofcupied with Key's wrist. Jinki smiles at this, even though Key is no more resisting and only stands there Taemin still not let his hand go.
 
"Taem-ah. I'm sorry I can't accept your feeling. My heart is no longer mine as I already surrendered it to someone so precious to me."
 
"I know, Jinki, I know. I'm sorry, for everything. I'm so..."
 
Taemin can't continue his word as he starts crying. His head is down, avoiding Jinki's eyes. His body is shaking so bad and he still whisper his sorry. Jinki immediately scoops Taemin into his hug and rubs his back, just the way he did it back then. This action makes Taemin cries harder as he tightens the hug. The only thing that passes Taemin head is, if it is the last thing that he will get from Jinki, them he will buy all the time in this world to stay this way. But Taemin is done being selfish. He is done hurting Jinki. He is done hurting Jonghyun and others. And he is done hurting Key.
 
"I just want you to know that we will always be friends. You'll always be my precious dongsang, my little brother. And I want to keep it this way forever, Taemin."
 
Jinki feels Taemin is nodding his head against his shoulder. He smiles contently, relieved because he finally has his brother back. He also offers a smile to Key as if assuring that everything is gonna be okay. Because he knows that after this day pass, everything is gonna be okay.
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
Jinki groans in annoyance as he is awakened by a loud yell outside his room. He curses Joon's and Yoseob's overly loud voice for being annoyingly loud in this freaking morning which causing him to wake up from his freaking good dream. Well, the other reason is that Jinki is never been a morning person. Jinki (complete with his messy, morning hair and a pout on his lips) looks at his right side after hearing a soft chuckle to see a pair of brown eyes looking at him.
 
"Gosh you're so beautiful, Jinki."
 
"Aaaaakkkkhhhh!!!"
 
Jinki is so surprised seeing Jonghyun is laying beside him. He immediately sits back and scrambles away which almost makes him fall from the bed. Thanks for Jonghyun's good reflect, he manages to pull Jinki's body before he falls and lands him on top of his chest. Jonghyun immediately traps Jinki inside his hug and grins victoriously.
 
Bruak!!!
 
"Jinki!!! What wr... Ummm.. Sorry for disturbing you guys. Just go continue what you wanna do and pretend that I never see it. Bye!!!"
 
"Cheulyeong!!! It's not like what you think!!! Jonghyun!!! Let go!!! Cheulyeong!!! Mir!!! Don't say anything to Yo..."
 
Jinki's rambling is stopped by a pair of lips against his. His eyes immediately go bigger and his cheeks flush. Jonghyun  sigh satisfied.
 
"Why are you being so panic seeing me here?"
 
Jonghyun's breath smell so fresh making Jinki so self conscious. He mumbles something, worries if Jonghyun can smell his morning breath.
 
"Hmmm... I can't understand alien word yeoboo~ng..."
 
"Yaaah!!! What did I tell you about calling me chessy names like that?!"
 
Jonghyun grins at Jinki's words before capturing Jinki's lips once again. After spending a good fifteen minutes of making out on the bed, the door is slapped open by no other than mighty Yoseob with his hand on his wraist.
 
"Oh for God sake Jonghyun!!! I send you here not for screwing Jinki!!!"
 
Jonghyun groans as he hears Yoseob's voice. He is annoyed, very very annoyed. Here he is just want to spend a good quality time with his adorable boyfriend who happen to look so y with his morning hair and his y face completely his y lips and his y...
 
"Yah KIM JONGHYUN!!! You better not start thinking dirty especially with Jinki on top of you, YOU ASDFGHJKL!!!!"
 
Mir immediately closes Yoseob's mouth with his hand and drags him out of the room as he is saying,
 
"Well, once again, ignore us and have fun!!!"
 
before the door is once again slammed shut with force.
 
Jinki is now hiding his face on Jonghyun's chest, his face is red with shame and annoyance.
 
"Gosh those people!!! Well, I do wake you up,l right, boyfie?! Hehehehhee..."
 
Jinki rolls his eyes but doesn't move his body from top of his boyfriend's. He draws some patter on Jonghyun's clothed chest as Jonghyun is playing with his hair. Thanks God it is sunday, means they don't have to go anywhere.
 
It has been a week since Jinki was out of the hospital and a week since Taemin's confession was passed with no other word from him. Jinki managed to come to the airport to see Minho left for England. He even managed to steal a kiss on Jinki's lips and caused Jinki to froze on his spot before dashing off to his gate as he yelled 'Thanks for a good kiss, Hyung.." which makes Jonghyun threw his shoe at his direction and hit a random foreigner. Jonghyun was immediately bowing and apologizing to the said person repeatedly while in his head he was cursing the taller man in any curse word he knew.
 
"Am I heavy?"
 
"Hu'uh... Your so heavy you're almost crushing me down."
 
Jinki is pouting as soon as he hears Jonghyun answer and  attempts to scoot away. His movement is stopped by both of Jonghyun's arms are tightened around Jinki's body.
 
"Hell no you're not going anywhere, Lee Jinki!!!"
 
"Yaaah!!! You said I was heavy. Let gooo..."
 
Jinki's whining once again is stopped by Jonghyun's lips. Another minute passes and Jonghyun is humming with satisfaction.
 
"I love kissing your lips."
 
"Hmmmp..."
 
"Aw come on Jinkiiii. I was just kiding. I won't refuse to waking up on you on top of me for forever. I was just teasing you. Now stop pouting that y lips of yours before I devour that and we won't leave this room for another hour."
 
Jinki grins playfully and whispers to Jonghyun's ears.
 
"And who said that I would mind that, Kim Jonghyun shi?"
 
Jonghyun eyes grow bigger before shoves Jinki away and hurriedly goes to the door and locks it.
 
"That's it, Lee. You better be prepared."
 
Let just say that both of them are not leaving for another hour.
 
As they are busy with their time, Jinki's phone is receiving a new message.
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
From: Taem
 
Jinki... Hyung... I'll move on. It might take a long time, but I'll move on and value the love that is offered in a silver platter in front of me. A love that I never be able to see because I was blinded. And when the time has come, I will bravely come in front of you and call you 'Hyung' once again."
 
 
 
FIN
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N:
 
I finished it guys!!! I made it!!! My first long story that I managed to finished!!! Whoaaaah...
 
I know that I promised to update ages ago, and the last chapter turned into three chapters because after I reread the finished one, it felt so rushed and I didn't like it.
 
Thanks for all of you who always waiting for these epilogues and not-so-sorry for the prank before. Hehehehhee...
 
Hope you enjoy this story...
 
Oh and this is REALLY, REALLY the last chapter... Means no more pranks from me.. See you in my other stories, well if you read it though...
 
Stay calm, stay cool, and love Jinki!!!
 
 
 
Onew FTW!!! XD
 
 
(Ohh!!! Btw does any of you realize that I change my name?)