Foreword of Happiness

A Sacrifice From Heaven

“Dear, Kris. It’s Tao! It’s me, Panda. I’m sorry I couldn’t hold on longer. You knew me right?I’m scared of losing and being a burden to her. Thank you, Gege. Thank you for keeping this from Su-Yee and took care of her as long as I wasn’t able to be by her side. I want to see her happy and I know you are the one who would able to. I know you love her, Gege. Now, I’m gone. Hehe your rival is lost; it’s your turn now. Please take care of Su-Yee. Please, gege. Marry her a week from now and make her life as heaven, not full with verge of tears. Goodbye,Kris gege. Love, Tao”, Kris crumpled the paper and almost tossed it away. But a ring dropped from the envelope. It was a wedding ring. Kris tears fell down.

“Dear, Su-yee. Your reading this letter, means.. I’m gone forever. I’m sorry I’m not strong enough to tell you the truth. You know me. I’m weak at this. But still, you love me endlessly. I want you to be happy even after I’m gone. Don’t be sad or I will cry in heaven. I won’t be alone. Pretty angels will accompany me. *Mehrong!* Su-Yee, I love you and always love you. *Bbuing Bbuing* I know you hate this but I love it! Su-yee, I’m not strong enough to write longer. You know, your happiness is my happiness too. I want you to be happy with Kris gege. Accept his proposal. Marry him and be happy with him. Please, baby.. It’s my last wish. Do it if you love me, ok! Sometimes you don’t need the person that you love to be happy; you need a person who loves you.  Goodbye. Love, Tao.” I folded the letter into the envelope and insert it into my handbag.

“Su-yee” Kris called from my back. I searched his eyes. “We both know what we should do, Kris” I said. He kneeled down, and held up a wedding ring towards me. “It’s not a suitable time, and I’m doing this because of Tao. Marry me, Su-Yee” He proposed with a straight face. “Stop acting so cool! I do, Kris” I hugged him. “Marrying a best friend is not a bad thing, isn’t it?” I said between the hugs. He nodded. “Don’t call me by my name. Call me gege.” He said firmly. It was better than marrying someone you didn’t know or someone who's dying.

“Tao did sacrifice a lot, right?” Kris pointed out. I giggled at his words. “What so funny?” he asked. “He sacrifices for you, Kris gege. He loves you more than anyone would. You are like his brother. Maybe I’m the one who should die and let you marry him, instead.”, I added. Kris rolled his eyes and snorted. “He loves you too, and he wanted to see your smiling face rather than your verge of tears.” He added again. I pretended to smile but he caught my fake smile. “Not a fake one.” Kris snapped. I made a face. I wasn’t able to get closer and our friendship still, really awkward.

We hugged each other but now it’s different since I knew, Kris loved me. I should have noticed from the start, but what can I do, I was in love with Tao. Tao is gone. I have Kris and he has me as his wife. Kris tightened the hug and kissed my forehead. It was so calm and full of love. Maybe Tao was right. Sometimes you don’t need the person you love to be happy, you need the person who loves you. Kris, I will try my best. “Tao, thank you for sending me this perfect angel to protect me.” , I mouthed under my breath. “Tao, I will protect her and will take a good care of her as long as I’m alive” Kris whispered. Kris pulled away his hug and leaned closer to kiss me. I kissed back without hesitant and wrap my arms around his neck. “I love you, Su-yee” Kris hot breath filled my ear. I smiled and kissed him back. “W-wait, Tao will get mad, gege” I pulled away his kiss. “Pfft..he’s dead. Anyway, he said he wants us to be together, aight?” Kris reminded me and lightly poked my cheek.

I was speechless as Kris pulled me closer, crashed his lips onto mine again. This time, his kiss was deeper and he was like wanted to show Tao how he loves me. His lips traveled to my jaw line and I pulled away slowly. “Kris, it’s not nice.. People are watching.” I blushed. Kris made a face and his cold stare shivered my body. He picked me in bridal style and went to the car. “I never touch you.. But today, seems like Tao had given me his permission,”

 

 

 

***

 

A/N : How was it? T_T I'm not really good enough. Yeah. It's bad and I was laughing hard when I read on my own T_T build-up critics are allowed :D Thank for reading !!