Dark Confession - Part 3

A Sacrifice From Heaven

“Kris. I think I’m done”, I turned away to search Kris. Kris came over and squeezed my hands. “Stand here, I want you to hear everything”, Kris pulled me to be by his side. His tall body shadow covered the gravestone.

Kris inhaled deep. His cold eyes stared straight to my eyes, almost killing a heartbeat, and nodded slowly. “Hey buddy, are you happy out there?” Kris started to talk. His voice was so deep and shivered. His eyes were searching for nothing. He was speechless but he had something in his mouth. “Tao, we’re doing fine…and.. look, she is happy now..” Kris added. I remained silent and keep nodding.

“Gege, this is my girlfriend, Kway Su-yee” He grabbed my waist and introduced me to Kris. “Su-Yee, this is Kris. My best best best friend ever!” His innocent eyes curved due to his innocent smile. I smiled and shook hands with Kris.

“Pfftt it was the first time you introduced me to Su-Yee. But I met her before you, and….. I fell in love with her since that” Kris confessed, finally.  I widened my eyes in surprise and looked at him. We locked eyes and his lips were pressed thinner. “You didn’t tell me earlier.” I said, pouting. “I wasn’t brave enough”, he answered, looked away to avoid my gaze. “Stop acting cool, Kris. I’m so hate it”, I snapped. He turned his face to look at me and pulled me closer. He ducked his face and leaned closer. Our nose brushed against each other. His orb was too close with mine, my heart thumped thousand times and his lips brushed against mine. “I said, not to call me by my name.” He warned under his breath. I was startled and I pushed him lightly.

“Happy birthday, Panda Tao”, Kris said coldly. “Gege ! Thank you ! I love you, gege!” Tao hugged Kris and Kris cupped the back of Tao’s head and gently patted it. “Gege, I want to ask something.” Tao said, pouting almost making Kris fell for it. “Let’s drink this together!” Tao brought up a glass of Starbucks coffee. “Wait.. I’m taking another straw.” Kai was leaving but Tao stopped him right in time. “Gege, we can use one straw only” Tao smirked and smiled like a ert. Kris rolled his eyes. Because Kris loved him so much, Kris was being so obedient even on the most embarrassing thing. Kris sipped the coffee after Tao did. “Yeay ! Now we just had our indirect kiss!” Tao held his hand high happily. Kris was startled but he was happy to see Tao was happy,too.

“I love you not only as friend, but more as a brother, Tao”, Kris continued. His eyes were deep and softened. There were tears in his eyes but he strongly held back the tears. “I have lost a brother who always depended on me, clung on to me, gave an innocent smile even when he’s hurt. I lost a little brother who loves me so much that I couldn’t any man who loves me more that…you”, Kris finally weakened and his tears dropped, making his plump cheeks wet. I didn’t bother to wipe them. I let he cried as long as he could.

“Because I love you, I keep my promise. We both keep our promise. We did what you have wished for, Tao. We love you.” Kris shifted his gaze towards me. I looked back and smiled. Kris took my hand and squeezed it. “Tao, we got married. I’m married with Kris. Now you can be happy out there”, I said, tightened my grip onto Kris’s big hand. “Tao, gege is wondering how did you find out that I love Su-Yee..” Kris paused and looked at me. “Yes, Tao. I love her but I believe no one would love her more than you love her” He continued. My eyes poured a few of teardrops.