La Raison

The DAY you said Goodbye.

DARA’s POV

Its raining harder now, a lot of people outside are running around looking for shelter.

I am walking on a quick pace and other customers are giving me a curios glance. As I step out of the place, I ran towards the parking lot and started to rummage my bag for my car keys while I wipe my tears falling endlessly. Seeing Jiyong crying and pleading breaks my heart. I hate myself for doing it, but I need to do it, this is for the both of us.

As I insert my car keys I can feel Jiyong’s present, I know he’s standing there looking at me. I fight the urge to turn around because I might lose my resolution I need to be tough.

I climb on the driver seat and close the door. I started the car and with side glance of my eyes I can see Jiyong walking towards the car. I am stunned, I don’t know what to do. Should I jump out of the car and hug him? Tell him that, I made a wrong decision. I can see him now at the side of my car just 2 feet away from it, I feel so bad. Jiyong doesn’t deserve this. I can see his eyes pleading and I noticed that he‘s not making another step, he’s just standing there looking at me.

How did this happen to us. Everything is perfect. But why did let a ghost of my pass ruined my present and future, well maybe because that past it’s not actually a ghost, maybe because im still hoping that I can go back and revive my past.

 

**************************************FLASHBACK **********************************

2 weeks ago.

I am waiting for Jiyong; he should be here right now. I am in the office cafeteria. I am wearing a yellow floral top and a pair of jeans. He called me earlier telling me that he’ll be doing a field visit to one of our client’s house and fortunately this is the same house that I designed last month. He asked me if I want to come with him and I said yes excitedly. Actually another reason why I want to see it is because I feel a big connection with the design and found it intriguing and mysterious at the same time. If Jiyong didn’t invite me, then ill go alone since I know where the location is. I felt giddy and somehow wished that I’ll be able to meet the client today.

Jiyong arrived 5 minutes late from what he promised but it doesn’t change my mood, I am so excited to see the house even though it’s still under construction.  As Jiyong entered the hall I can sense all the girls looking at him, he’s wearing a well fitted checkered polo and pair of cream colored chino, he looks gorgeous even just wearing normal clothes. He removed his sunglasses and winked at me which made my heart flutter. I smile and walk towards him. As soon I am a foot away from him he suddenly kisses me which made blush and in return I softly slap his arms.  He giggles with my reaction, he just love teasing me.

“Let’s go babe” he then announced while placing his arms around my neck.

As soon as we arrived at the parking lot, we directly go to his car. And after I am seated beside him he grabbed me and started kissing me. I stopped him and told him that he have consumed all his kisses for the day. He pouted his lips. He looks adorable. He then turns his face in front and started driving.

While driving he asked me about the design of the house because he notices the big similarities of our dream house, though he also emphasizes that it’s too much girly. And we both agree that the client must be a girl.

After 15 minutes of driving we arrive at the destination. I noticed that 85% of the house is done and I marvel on the outcome of my design. It’s a lot more beautiful than what I expected.

Jiyong is smiling at me while I awe at the unfinished house.

“It’s beautiful” I utter.
 

“Yup, and I am so proud of you. I can see now how our dream house will look like, though their will be small changes” he answered.

He held my hand as we enter the premises. Some workers stop and greet us.

After a couple of minutes, a car arrived and Jiyong need to check it who it is and told me to stay and look around. I agreed happily.

I enjoyed designing for this house because the design details that has been requested by the clients is so close to my dream house,  if not because of some minor details, I can say that this is really my dream house.  This is almost my dream house when I’m still younger, before I entered college and before I met Jiyong.  But now my dream house has some hints of maturity in it and manliness because of some inputs of Jiyong. Maybe the client is really a girl. The thought of it made me smile.

After I check the design of the second floor, I received Jiyong’s call telling me that I need to meet the client. I hung up and hurriedly walk.

Ten feet away from me I can see Jiyong talking to someone;

“Is this the client? He’s a guy” I natter to myself.

And he’s talking to Jiyong, back facing me. Three feet away from them Jiyong smiled, the Guy notices it, he turn around and look at me.

I stop moving, suddenly I feel the air become thick and I am having tough time breathing. The time seemed stop tickling. The atmosphere became eerie. Do my eyes playing trick on me?

After like forever, Jiyong break the silence.

“Mr. Choi Seung-hyun, this is Architect Dara” Jiyong announced.

Am I hearing Jiyong correctly? Even my ears are playing trick on me.

I become numb.

Then suddenly the client step towards me, he smile then hugs me. While uttering my lullaby

“Dara, Dara my only Dara”

 

 

Author's note:

 

Im not sure, if everyone is enjoying my story..im lossing my energy to continue this story..

Please do leave me a comment. It gives me energy to write for you guys..